Banana Republic

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview Details – This was actually my first job, I did a walk in application and then a few days later the called me up for a group interview. I remember there was around 7-8 people at the back and as usual asked us straight forward questions related to sales. Then a couple days later they called me up and told me I was hired.

Interview Question – it was all straight forward question and pretty much easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because it was my first job.

Las Vegas, NV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in July 2008.

Interview Details – Well there were 3 interviews overall:

A quick 3-5 question interview when applying (depends on the manager), a group interview, and a 1:1 interview.

The quick interview was fairly easy; they just basically see your appeal and how your personality would be qualified for BR. If they like you.. then Woohoo! (Btw, they like people that dress cute/fashionable or your fun personality)

The group interview was just simple.. you're in the back maybe in one of the stock rooms and they just ask you questions from: "Why do you think Banana Republic is a good workplace?" "Why do you want to work here?" "What situations have you been in when you were in charge?" And yes.. you have to obviously compete with the interviewees.

Lastly, the 1:1 interview was interviewed by one of the managers. Mine turned out to be a conversation rather than an interview.. lol :P Well, they ask you "Why Banana Republic?" "What makes you want to work here?" and from there.. they either tell you or call you I suppose. They told me right away and told my pay and the next time I would work.

Interview Question – In what situations, were you in charge of taking care of a numerous amount of people?   Answer Question

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview only about availability, working status, setting up appointment for on site interview.
2. Group interview: four managers asked one question then raise your hand if you want to answer. Some questions the managers ask individual specifically to answer.
3. The last interview: two managers. Role playing.

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic in April 2007.

Interview Details – I just came into the branch and asked if they were hiring. They said they were and i met with the manager. I spoke with him and then he hired me then and there.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable talking to people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Interviews for Top Jobs at Banana Republic

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banana Republic Sales interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Banana Republic employees and interview candidates.