Banana Republic

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.1

Sales Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Contacted through email after submitting resume. Came in for a roundtable interview where they asked open table questions to see who would respond and based off answers and outspokenness, chose who to call back for a second one on one interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. Asked for hours and availability.

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic in August 2012.

Phone interview. General questions of why do you want to work for the company, what can you contribute, etc. Next is in store interview with hiring manager. Talks more about the company and mostly to check if you would fit in.

Interview Questions
    • "can you close at midnight and be here at 5 a.m.?, we're low on people"   View Answer
    no negotiation. They stick by minimum wage. Each store gets about 1,000 applications a week, everyone is replaceable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2012.

I applied online and heard back from them a few weeks later over the phone that I had been accepted to do an interview. There were two interviews: a group interview and then if you got called back a one-on-one interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, but I wish I had. When they ask you how much you want to make, be sure to say $9.00/hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic in June 2012.

Why I want to be a part of the Banana Republic brand?
    What are my strengths?
    What are my weaknesses?

Interview Questions
    • What are my weaknesses was an unexpected question.   View Answer
    What are you looking for in an employee?

Sales Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic in March 2012.

I had a group interview of about 8 people and facilitated by 3 managers. Managers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had ever worked with company credit cards and what my experience was, they also asked if I had ever filled out a customer experience survey for any businesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic in January 2012.

The hiring process was fairly smooth and painless. My managers where extremely nice, and very good at explaining what the job I was applying for called for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic in October 2011.

It can be tough to get an interview, but once you get that the interview is pretty straightforward. Either know someone who works there, or go in multiple times to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • What is your previous experience working with customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in April 2011.

Applied online. I actually forgot I applied until I got a call back about one month later. There was a brief phone interview, just asking about my previous jobs. I was then asked to come in for a group interview. I went in and there were about 6 other people there. We all went upstairs into the back room and sat around the table. The manager went around the table asking pretty general questions (why do you want to work here, what is good customer service, why Banana, etc.) It was very laid back and not formal. All of us were hired that day, save for one person who was texting throughout the entire group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic in July 2010.

Great interview experience. Started with a phone call to ask why I wanted to work at Banana Republic. Next we set up a meeting for a one to one interview where I was asked me a number of questions mostly relating to my interests and personality.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a time in the past week where you have felt alive or in the zone.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the projects or responsibilities you have taken on in the past week?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic in September 2008.

Dropped off a resume to my store of choice. Received a phone call back asking to come in for an interview. Spoke to the store manager, answered a few questions about my past, and customer service experience. Received another phone call from the manager to say I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Banana Republic?   View Answer
    • Do you have any experience working in customer service?   View Answer