Banana Republic

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Support

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview Details – Contacted through email after submitting resume. Came in for a roundtable interview where they asked open table questions to see who would respond and based off answers and outspokenness, chose who to call back for a second one on one interview with hiring manager.

Interview Question – How would you describe Banana Republic?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Asked for hours and availability.

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview. General questions of why do you want to work for the company, what can you contribute, etc. Next is in store interview with hiring manager. Talks more about the company and mostly to check if you would fit in.

Interview Question – "can you close at midnight and be here at 5 a.m.?, we're low on people"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. They stick by minimum wage. Each store gets about 1,000 applications a week, everyone is replaceable.

Deer Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2012.

Interview Details – Why I want to be a part of the Banana Republic brand?
What are my strengths?
What are my weaknesses?

Interview Question – What are my weaknesses was an unexpected question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What are you looking for in an employee?

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Support

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a group interview of about 8 people and facilitated by 3 managers. Managers were very friendly.

Interview Question – I was asked if I had ever worked with company credit cards and what my experience was, they also asked if I had ever filled out a customer experience survey for any businesses.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Banana Republic in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. I actually forgot I applied until I got a call back about one month later. There was a brief phone interview, just asking about my previous jobs. I was then asked to come in for a group interview. I went in and there were about 6 other people there. We all went upstairs into the back room and sat around the table. The manager went around the table asking pretty general questions (why do you want to work here, what is good customer service, why Banana, etc.) It was very laid back and not formal. All of us were hired that day, save for one person who was texting throughout the entire group interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Banana?   Answer Question

Southlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2011.

Interview Details – It can be tough to get an interview, but once you get that the interview is pretty straightforward. Either know someone who works there, or go in multiple times to follow up.

Interview Question – What is your previous experience working with customers?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Montgomery, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly smooth and painless. My managers where extremely nice, and very good at explaining what the job I was applying for called for.

Interview Question – Brag about yourself.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic in July 2010.

Interview Details – Great interview experience. Started with a phone call to ask why I wanted to work at Banana Republic. Next we set up a meeting for a one to one interview where I was asked me a number of questions mostly relating to my interests and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time in the past week where you have felt alive or in the zone.   Answer Question
  • What are some of the projects or responsibilities you have taken on in the past week?   Answer Question

Sales Support

The process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2008.

Interview Details – Dropped off a resume to my store of choice. Received a phone call back asking to come in for an interview. Spoke to the store manager, answered a few questions about my past, and customer service experience. Received another phone call from the manager to say I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Banana Republic?   View Answer
  • Do you have any experience working in customer service?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Banana Republic

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banana Republic Sales Support interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Banana Republic employees and interview candidates.