Banana Republic

Banana Republic Stock Associate Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic in October 2013.

After filling out an application online I got a call to schedule a group interview a week later. The actual interview was more of a discussion with the manager who wanted us to talk about ourselves for a little bit to break the ice. The manager then told us about the company and some things to expect for the stock position, then she asked if we had any questions for her. After asking a few questions the interview was over and in a few days I received an offer (no negotiation).

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any difficult questions, the only question that was asked was "Do you have any questions?"   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

It was easier than my current stock position job. One phone call, one sit down interview with two supervisors, one direct, the other on above. Received a call from the H.R. person the next day offering me a job. Real standard questions and format, such as "when was a time you went above and beyond with customer service?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

I submitted an application, then received a phone call about two days later and was asked to do a group interview. There was five of us in the interview and the general manager hosted our interviews. He asked the same questions to all of us just staggered and worded differently.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most difficult situation you have ever had with an employee at any company where you left unsatisfied?   View Answer
    Very simple, I got a call the next day and offered the job for 50 cents above minimum wage at the time and was asked to come in Saturday morning to fill out paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic in November 2010.

I was first required to apply online and take a 50 or so question test. It asked situational questions and fashion questions. I then had a group interview and - 3 days later - a 1 on 1 interview. Be sure to ask questions to show your interest in the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult instance you have had with a customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the best way to approach someone you don't know?   Answer Question
    I found hourly wages online and aimed for the high end of the spectrum given my experience and my soon to have bachelors degree. Requesting more money without any reasoning will surely never work. You must have leverage. For example, I told the manager who offered me the job that I will soon have my degree and unless I would need to be paid a certain amount for this job to retain my interest and keep me from looking for other more profitable opportunities.