Banana Republic Stock Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

1.7

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Easy. Went to a table in the mall to chat with the manager. Asked very typical interview questions. Mostly asked about prior experience I had working in retail during the holiday seasons.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was none.

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

First Interview was a group interview with about 10 people. Its was with the GM and CEM of the store. They asked a question and went around the table with people responding to the same question. Not very difficult. It probably lasted like 45 min. We were told we would get a call back letting us know if we made it to the next step. I got a call 3 days later for a interview with the MPM. The interview only lasted 20 min. The next day i got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation where you were able to go above expectations?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2013.

Interview

After filling out an application online I got a call to schedule a group interview a week later. The actual interview was more of a discussion with the manager who wanted us to talk about ourselves for a little bit to break the ice. The manager then told us about the company and some things to expect for the stock position, then she asked if we had any questions for her. After asking a few questions the interview was over and in a few days I received an offer (no negotiation).

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, the only question that was asked was "Do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

It was easier than my current stock position job. One phone call, one sit down interview with two supervisors, one direct, the other on above. Received a call from the H.R. person the next day offering me a job. Real standard questions and format, such as "when was a time you went above and beyond with customer service?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I submitted an application, then received a phone call about two days later and was asked to do a group interview. There was five of us in the interview and the general manager hosted our interviews. He asked the same questions to all of us just staggered and worded differently.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most difficult situation you have ever had with an employee at any company where you left unsatisfied?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple, I got a call the next day and offered the job for 50 cents above minimum wage at the time and was asked to come in Saturday morning to fill out paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Fairfax, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was first required to apply online and take a 50 or so question test. It asked situational questions and fashion questions. I then had a group interview and - 3 days later - a 1 on 1 interview. Be sure to ask questions to show your interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult instance you have had with a customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the best way to approach someone you don't know?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I found hourly wages online and aimed for the high end of the spectrum given my experience and my soon to have bachelors degree. Requesting more money without any reasoning will surely never work. You must have leverage. For example, I told the manager who offered me the job that I will soon have my degree and unless I would need to be paid a certain amount for this job to retain my interest and keep me from looking for other more profitable opportunities.