Banana Republic

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Stock Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2013.

Interview Details – After filling out an application online I got a call to schedule a group interview a week later. The actual interview was more of a discussion with the manager who wanted us to talk about ourselves for a little bit to break the ice. The manager then told us about the company and some things to expect for the stock position, then she asked if we had any questions for her. After asking a few questions the interview was over and in a few days I received an offer (no negotiation).

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions, the only question that was asked was "Do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Stock Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview Details – It was easier than my current stock position job. One phone call, one sit down interview with two supervisors, one direct, the other on above. Received a call from the H.R. person the next day offering me a job. Real standard questions and format, such as "when was a time you went above and beyond with customer service?"

Interview Question – There was not one.   Answer Question

Woodbridge, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview Details – I submitted an application, then received a phone call about two days later and was asked to do a group interview. There was five of us in the interview and the general manager hosted our interviews. He asked the same questions to all of us just staggered and worded differently.

Interview Question – What has been the most difficult situation you have ever had with an employee at any company where you left unsatisfied?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple, I got a call the next day and offered the job for 50 cents above minimum wage at the time and was asked to come in Saturday morning to fill out paperwork.

Fairfax, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was first required to apply online and take a 50 or so question test. It asked situational questions and fashion questions. I then had a group interview and - 3 days later - a 1 on 1 interview. Be sure to ask questions to show your interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult instance you have had with a customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
  • What is the best way to approach someone you don't know?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I found hourly wages online and aimed for the high end of the spectrum given my experience and my soon to have bachelors degree. Requesting more money without any reasoning will surely never work. You must have leverage. For example, I told the manager who offered me the job that I will soon have my degree and unless I would need to be paid a certain amount for this job to retain my interest and keep me from looking for other more profitable opportunities.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Banana Republic

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banana Republic Stock Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Banana Republic employees and interview candidates.