BancVue

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.9

Client Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BancVue.

Initial phone interview, then 3 face-to-face interviews. Standard Q&A...nothing strange, then had to take the Wonderlick (sp?). Easy test. For a tech company, I was surprised they have such a traditional interview process. I would have expected something more in depth.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BancVue.

It was a cool non-up-beat interview, it was a one on one interview. Some experience questions, some skill set question, chat about background and what to expect.. Chat about company nature, plans and upcoming actions to take.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was simple and fast.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BancVue.

I actually knew the hiring manager at the time, so was able to skip the phone portion and proceeded straight to in-person interviews.

Interview with the hiring manager was pretty informal given our history. However, I had multiple interviews with several members of his team in both 1:1 and group settings.

The team interviews were much tougher than the 1:1 interviews. The 1:1 interviews were conducted by the Product Manager on the Technology side of the business. His goal was to stump me with tough questions, but the questions were actually pretty basic.

The group interview was tough because they will push you on how much you know about the company and why you really want the job. These people are really big on "culture fit" and that shows in the group interview process. Also, the team is really smart and they will catch you if your story is not buttoned up.

Again, fortunately I knew the hiring manager from a previous life, and this afforded me some room for error. But I would advise others to really know why you want the job, and to not try and make-up questions you don't know the answers too.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 5 values of the company and how do you exhibit each one?

What are the largest issues facing the industry and how would you position our solutions to meet each one?

View Answer
    No negotiation. I needed a job and accepted the original offer.

Marketing Launch Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BancVue in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter on Oct 7 regarding this position. We scheduled an in-person interview at BancVue on Oct 17.

The initial interview at BancVue was with the Marketing Operations Manager. She was cordial and really hard to read. Several role play questions.

A week later, I was contacted by the recruiter again to schedule a second interview for Oct 30. That was the final interview with the Executive VP of Operations, another meeting with the Marketing Operations Manager and then a meetup with the team.

I have never been more disrespected in my professional life than in the interview with the Executive VP of Operations (Venessa).

She was 10 minutes late to our scheduled 30-minute meeting. As soon as I sat down, she opened her laptop and began typing. I thought she was taking notes at first. Then I realized that she was chatting with someone. THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW. She was not paying attention at all and made it very clear that I was not important at all or worth her time.

And then about 10-15 minutes into my "interview," the person that she was obviously chatting with (whom she called her "wingman") pulled her out of my interview for another "meeting" that she had. I am not an idiot.

Then I met again with the Marketing Operations Manager for a few minutes, then the team. The team is extremely nice and I would have loved working with them. It's a shame that the deciding factor was based on the interview with the Exec VP of Ops (she wasn't paying attention, so she obviously just judged me on my looks).

Received the "no" from the recruiter today, Nov 5. So the process took about a month.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BancVue in September 2014.

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview a few days later. The initial phone interview had over TWENTY questions...which apparently is standard for all first interviews. The questions were all behavioral and the only difficulty was not trying to repeat answers that had overlaps in the questions. The interview was also a little exhausting but the interviewer understood that most would get a little fatigued after being asked so many questions. A few days later, I was able to schedule a final on-site interview with three of the employees. Most of the questions were about my skills and experience on my resume. There were no behavioral questions but there were more technical questions asked. I also had to take a skills and reasoning test that all applicants take. A couple days later, I found out I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most were not super difficult, but be prepared for providing different answers to similar questions.   Answer Question
    The position is unpaid so there was no negotiating.

Multiple Open Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BancVue.

Connected intially via an employee referral. After a few weeks, received an email asking if I was available for a call screen. two weeks after that, I was invited onsite where I took a personality and aptitude test followed by a group interview with multiple hiring managers for potentially 3 different open positions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions to me were straightforward.   View Answer

Copywriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BancVue in February 2014.

I had a phone interview, in which the hiring manager and the man who would eventually become my boss (who said almost nothing, but I could hear him typing) asked me various, garden variety interview questions. After a writing test, a personality test, and an in-person interview with the entire team (six people?), I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall the exact question, but a couple of them were so vague they were hard to answer.   Answer Question
    I was offered $5K a year MORE than I requested. Which was substantially more than people in the same role were getting.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BancVue.

This was a thorough interview process as I expected for a company like this. A phone interview. An in person interview. A follow up interview to nail down a few more questions and then an offer there on the spot.

Also as expected, the two people I met with were hard to ready and it could have gone any way. But I will say I was completely honest. I stumbled. I was caught off guard. But in the end I'm great at what I do, so don't worry so much.

It must have been a busy time of transition for BancVue at the time, because I didn't get a walk through of the building or any other introductions, but I'm glad I didn't.

Had I seen behind the tightly locked doors that require key card access, I would have gone home and begged some higher power to let me get hired or I would be beside myself. Had I met any of the staff who keep this place running, I would have friended them on Facebook immediately.

In the lobby you will see awesome neon lights.
    A sculpture of a Spartan Helmet with all kinds of things happening in/around it.
    A sleek black piece of wall art with the same.
    Trophies that include Karaoke and, of course, many more important awards.
    A view of Austin much coveted in the surrounding areas.
    A WONDERFUL receptionist that truly is so nice she means it when she says she hopes you get the job.
    A bright red Do You Kasasa? rug (<--- Google that!).
    A banner that has a group of diverse looking people.....all wearing capes? Yes. Capes.
    A TV screen playing actual video from events that effected peoples lives with so many smiling faces.
    The hustle and bustle of employees in and out of the elevators and doors.
    And a sneak peak through the glass at an amazing wall mural with vibrant colors that make you wonder......

And that's just the lobby.

Interview Questions
    • I can't even remember the question other than it was a "What would you do..." scenario.   View Answer
    Know your worth. Be honest in your experience. There is potential to move up and forward. But if you over shoot, you may be on the chopping block unless you can prove you earn your asking price!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BancVue in January 2014.

I applied online through Indeed, received a phone call for an office interview, and heard back from them 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • If you had down time at the office, how would you use it?   Answer Question
    Non paid internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BancVue in December 2013.

Hiring manager is very tough. Basically tries to talk you out of the job up front.