BancVue Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BancVue in September 2014.

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview a few days later. The initial phone interview had over TWENTY questions...which apparently is standard for all first interviews. The questions were all behavioral and the only difficulty was not trying to repeat answers that had overlaps in the questions. The interview was also a little exhausting but the interviewer understood that most would get a little fatigued after being asked so many questions. A few days later, I was able to schedule a final on-site interview with three of the employees. Most of the questions were about my skills and experience on my resume. There were no behavioral questions but there were more technical questions asked. I also had to take a skills and reasoning test that all applicants take. A couple days later, I found out I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most were not super difficult, but be prepared for providing different answers to similar questions.   Answer Question
    The position is unpaid so there was no negotiating.

Multiple Open Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BancVue.

Connected intially via an employee referral. After a few weeks, received an email asking if I was available for a call screen. two weeks after that, I was invited onsite where I took a personality and aptitude test followed by a group interview with multiple hiring managers for potentially 3 different open positions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions to me were straightforward.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BancVue.

This was a thorough interview process as I expected for a company like this. A phone interview. An in person interview. A follow up interview to nail down a few more questions and then an offer there on the spot.

Also as expected, the two people I met with were hard to ready and it could have gone any way. But I will say I was completely honest. I stumbled. I was caught off guard. But in the end I'm great at what I do, so don't worry so much.

It must have been a busy time of transition for BancVue at the time, because I didn't get a walk through of the building or any other introductions, but I'm glad I didn't.

Had I seen behind the tightly locked doors that require key card access, I would have gone home and begged some higher power to let me get hired or I would be beside myself. Had I met any of the staff who keep this place running, I would have friended them on Facebook immediately.

In the lobby you will see awesome neon lights.
    A sculpture of a Spartan Helmet with all kinds of things happening in/around it.
    A sleek black piece of wall art with the same.
    Trophies that include Karaoke and, of course, many more important awards.
    A view of Austin much coveted in the surrounding areas.
    A WONDERFUL receptionist that truly is so nice she means it when she says she hopes you get the job.
    A bright red Do You Kasasa? rug (<--- Google that!).
    A banner that has a group of diverse looking people.....all wearing capes? Yes. Capes.
    A TV screen playing actual video from events that effected peoples lives with so many smiling faces.
    The hustle and bustle of employees in and out of the elevators and doors.
    And a sneak peak through the glass at an amazing wall mural with vibrant colors that make you wonder......

And that's just the lobby.

Interview Questions
    • I can't even remember the question other than it was a "What would you do..." scenario.   View Answer
    Know your worth. Be honest in your experience. There is potential to move up and forward. But if you over shoot, you may be on the chopping block unless you can prove you earn your asking price!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BancVue in January 2014.

I applied online through Indeed, received a phone call for an office interview, and heard back from them 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • If you had down time at the office, how would you use it?   Answer Question
    Non paid internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BancVue in December 2013.

Hiring manager is very tough. Basically tries to talk you out of the job up front.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BancVue.

Be prepared to take Wonderlic test.

Interview Questions

Other offer with better compensation

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BancVue in September 2013.

Was contacted via email a few weeks after I submitted resume to schedule phone interview. Having researched them on my own, knew they were a growing organization undergoing a transition. I was asked to deliver a 2 page Heuristic Analysis before a scheduled phone interview, which for me, was a non starter.

Interview Questions
    • Deliver up to a 2-page Heuristic Analysis on your Bank or Credit Union website.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BancVue in July 2013.

I got a phone interview pretty quickly after applying. A week later I went into the office for an aptitude assessment and in-person interview. The phone interview went well and seemed equivalent to the position. The person conducting my in-person interview showed up rather late and was on her phone for nearly the entire interview. This made me feel not only unheard, but disrespected. I understand things happen and people get busy, but she unfortunately wasted both our time by being disengaged. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Most of my experience at the time was B2C marketing and this was a B2B position. Some of the role playing scenarios required some improv on my part, to make up for my lack of experience.   Answer Question

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BancVue in June 2013.

I submitted my application online. Within two weeks I was contacted for an interview.

The process began with a short competency test, followed by 6 1/2 hours of interviews with 12 people. The last 2 hours were cancelled about halfway through because the managers had to be in other meetings (I, however, feel they had already made their decision not to hire me by that point so cancelled for that reason, but I can't be sure.) I was disappointed the last 2 interviews were cancelled because I was enjoying it!

The interviews were conversational and I probably asked more questions than they asked me. It was refreshing to see that all the employees at a company this size were clear on their mission. Though I did not receive an offer (and I agree with their decision because the role was a level or two above my experience), I can definitely see myself working at this company and will try for different roles.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions if you're clear on the role, what they need and what you do.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

This is a warning to anyone who applies to the Instructional Designer position at BancVue.

I interviewed for this job and they had me do an 8+ hour assignment, which mirrored the exact kind of eLearning development work that I'd be doing if I got the job. They needed it finished and turned in right away because they want to fill the position asap. I happily completed it, but then I asked around in the edTech/Instructional Design field and talked to a job recruiter that has worked with BancVue. It turns out that this job has been posted for over 6 months, they always tell candidates that the position needs to be filled right away and then they make the candidate do some very specific assignment (e.g., create a module that communicates the value of [product x] to frontline staff at a small credit union in Arkansas).

I got in touch with other people that applied for this position in the past and, lo and behold, the assignment varies and no one ever gets the job.

In other words, it appears that the training department is crowd-sourcing free work from prospective employees. They may not be using the actual materials that interviewees create but I'm willing to bet that they use them for ideation and storyboards. Apply and do free work at your own risk.

Please share your story if you've had a similar experience.