Banco Itaú

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounts Payable Interview

Accounts Payable
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banco Itaú.

Interview Details – The people seemed very nice once I entered the offices. It seemed like a cool environment to work in as well as the culture. I submitted my resume and within a few days was asked to schedule an interview which lasted about an hour. The interview was with one person

Interview Question – No question was really difficult, the interviewer lets you talk more than anything else. The key is to sell yourself and speak about what you know how to do.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Software Development Manager

Interviewed at Banco Itaú

Interview Details – Resume drop and lots of interviews

Interview Question – How the culture could be a good fit to you?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online - interviewed at Banco Itaú in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went through three interview phases: First, I was contact my a headhunter agency and interviewed there. It was basically a behavior interview to know if I should be moved forward. The next interview was with the one who would later be my coordinator. Again, a behavior interview plus a case interview. Finally, I was directed to the superintendent to be interviewed by him directly. This one was basically for him to know me better.

Interview Question – What are your main points that you need to work on (basically, at what do you suck at).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; they offered the maximum wage allowed for a new hire at this position.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banco Itaú.

Interview Details – The process was short, I was contacted by a HR analyst of an outsourced company. She interviewed me first and then I went to the interviewing process at the company. There I made a 10 minutes presentation about my resume. There was a small group activity and there was 2 managers of different areas following the activity. They asked some questions regarding the activity.

Interview Question – Some abstract questions regarding the group activity   Answer Question

Investment Advisor Interview

Investment Advisor
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Banco Itaú in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview asking about market issues, Brazil's GDP, asking candidate to recommend investment products according to asked profile.

Interview Question – Please recommend to us an investment and convince us to that's the best you can recommend.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made me an offer and I accepted without imposing questions.

Front Office Analyst Interview

Front Office Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Banco Itaú.

Interview Details – Very short and effective. Interviewed directly with hiring manager who recognized immediately my past experience and how it could be applied. Very little bureaucracy.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy because everything is covered by a collective bargaining agreement covering all employees in the sector.

Information Systems Coordinator Interview

Information Systems Coordinator
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Banco Itaú.

Interview Details – My hiring was a trainee process, having many meets, group dynamics, exams about general knowledge and team work. The team work was the most important and valorized thing, and the interview process was focused on this. We have to make a presentation to the managers participating in the interview to show the results.

Interview Question – Presentation to the managers resolving the use case.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Banco Itaú.

Interview Details – When I first got there, i was interviewed by another analyst that keep me asking about how I handled different situations, that was the easy part. Later on, in interviews with my managers, they used all my resume agaisnt me. They wanted to know how I reacted in pression. and man... I tell you... I was pissed with them! The key here is not to bother and use emotional intelligence.

Interview Question – Do you smoke pot?   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Banco Itaú in April 2011.

Interview Details – Up to 10 interviews.
1st interview with the hiring manager, then you get another round of 3 more interviews with another 3 directors. you wait around a month and you finally get invited to do another interview with the Vice President, after get approved then you get an interview with the HR Director to discuss Salary

Interview Question – The unexpected question came around family. This is the first time a director made a rapport within the family subject. Even it's unexpected he was able to picture ethical and behavior data from the subject.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I end up declining since the salary did not matched my expectation to need go to the office and it was only a 10% increase and flat benefits. So no real advantage and losing home office and work life balance. the company Itau was under a huge transformation and would require too much out of normal office hours to structure the team and the acquisitions.

Intern Interview

Intern
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banco Itaú in December 2009.

Interview Details – The first step of the interviewing process was a group/panel interview consisted of some dynamics activities where we were evaluated by how we interacted with each other and our abilities to solve cases and problems.
After being approved in this fase, people from the HR called me to schedule an interview with the managers. I made two interviews. Basically they asked me about all the others experiences i had, what i liked to study in college, what kind of classes i worried more about, why i would think i was the better person for that job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the better person for this job? Justified this pointing all your qualities   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation where you showed your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Worked for Banco Itaú? Contribute to the Community!