BancorpSouth

Updated Jul 13, 2014
Updated Jul 13, 2014

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

The job interview was really easy. Only had one interview and was hired on the spot. The people who interviewed me were really nice and made me feel comfortable. I came to the interview more dressed up than anyone that actually worked there.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was how would handle a stressful call   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BancorpSouth in November 2011.

Just a typical interview process, nothing of note out of ordinary.

No negotiation

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BancorpSouth in October 2011.

Very little contact with bank president but he made the final decision. Called on the phone and asked to come in. Met with the vice president and someone else.

Interview Questions
    • what is your experience was cash management   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BancorpSouth in September 2010.

I applied for the position online. A month later I received a call from HR, next she sent my resume to the two hiring managers to set up a second interview. I interviewed with Branch Manager and was hired a few days later

There was not a negotiation phase.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collierville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collierville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BancorpSouth in July 2010.

a three-four interview process. started at a branch level. if worthy progressed to regional management then depending on openings, an individual one on one with the branch/department head for that opening.

Interview Questions
    • growth; where do u see yourself in 3-5yrs as far as personal and financial goals?   Answer Question
    range to start depending on experience. bonus/commission ops and yearly merit.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BancorpSouth in April 2009.

Submit a resume with HR contact, wait for a phone call. Initial interview is with the HR contact. She mostly just judges you on your appearance, and manners. Very easy to pass. Second interview is with the HR contact and branch manager. Manager will let you know the rundown of operations and ask how you deal with situations. Last interview is with the HR contact and local bank president. Kind of awkward and stiff. They ask the usual "why should we hire you" "what do you know about this company" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • In the last interview they listed a series of words and asked you to say the first thing that comes to your head. Easy if you're quick on your feet... if not, best of luck!   Answer Question
    I was originally offered $18,000 but said I couldn't afford to leave my current job for less than $30,000. (Which was a lie) We eventually settled on $26,000. NEGOTIATE! Fellow tellers with far more experience (I was right out of high school and taking classes at AU) were making $8 an hour. Do not be afraid to ask for more, because once you're hired, negotiations are out the window.

Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BancorpSouth in March 2012.

I was currently working as a CSR and got a referral from the outgoing coordinator.