Bandwidth Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bandwidth in July 2015.

Interview

First received a phone interview and then an onsite a week later. The interview went well and was told the next day that they would like to continue with me. New hours were presented to me on the next phone call which I agreed upon, but then after another week they told me that they are no longer interested, and gave me an excuse. After doing some research I found out that the company was moving current employees to different shifts, and on the website the job has new hours which are now for an overnight shift. My advice to the company is to please have everything organized before interviewing candidates, and not to change the details on them last minute.

Interview Questions

• Several questions how diagnosing and fixing problems relating to an Android phone   Answer Question

Sales Operation Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted via email to setup an interview time. Recruiter called me thirty minutes late, I have several years of sales experience but she spent more time asking about why I chose to go to the school where I got my BA (which was 10 years ago) than relevant experience. Spent about 15 minutes in a monologue telling me how great the company was. She set off a lot of red flags and was clearly inexperienced.

Marketing Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Very simple process, you will be interviewed by 3 people individually. Interviewers made me feel comfortable about expressing my past knowledge and my reasons to work at Bandwidth. If you really want to contribute to Bandwidth, or you're very passionate about the career opportunity you're applying for, you will most likely be offered the position. Be enthusiastic and truthful about your previous work experience or your knowledge in the career field; you will be selling yourself without knowing that you're selling yourself.

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

phone interview with hiring manager, 5 hour face to face interview and then another 5 hour face to face interview with little to no feedback provided throughout the process without incessant pestering of the hiring manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bandwidth.

Interview

I first had a phone interview where I had to brief them about my past experience, my course projects (I am graduate masters student) after which I was asked a couple of HR questions. They confirmed my onsite interview the same day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all questions were straight forward where they covered mostly all the basics of programming language (Java in my case), algorithms, Networking concepts, talked about my prior telecommunication industry experience, asked questions on telecommunication domain.   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for one position and was called for this CAM position. I went in for the interview and it lasted 3 hours!!! I literally met with over 6 people in up to 30 minute interviews in a small hot room. While they did let me have breaks and water I would have much preferred one panel interview or at least two 3 minute interviews with 3 people in each session. I have a heavy customer service background and honestly left feeling good about my interview, skill-set and overall time there. The next morning, I followed up with the HR person I interviewed with via email with a thank you. I was told I would hear back one way or another only to not hear ANYTHING AT ALL. I called and left a message a week later and followed up a few days after that via email. I felt very annoyed that after 3 hours of interviewing no one could call me to tell me that I at least didn't get the job. This company seems like a great company to work for and I was disappointed with that experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straightforward. In my opinion they aren't focusing on skill as much as they are personality. Multiple people kept saying they were looking for someone that had a "hunger for success" attitude.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth.

Interview

Interviewed with HR on the phone and then interviewed on site. Interview questions were the typical questions. Everyone was real friendly during the process. During the interview, mostly discussed my background and skills.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bandwidth.

Interview

Be prepared to sit through hours of interviews. Bandwidth is pretty selective about the culture of their folks - for good reason. Dress like you mean it, be professional, be honest and have integrity... and definitely show your personality!

Negotiation

Yes, it wasn't too hard. If you're worth it, they'll pay or at least negotiate something that's doable.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bandwidth in February 2014.

Interview

One of the worst interview processes I have ever completed with a company. Initially started with a HR manager interview over the phone, and then two interviews with the marketing officials at the main office. Along with a Google hangout interview. That itself took a month to wait for and hear if you made it to the next step. A couple weeks later they have you do an interview with the CMO over the phone. They then had me wait another coupe weeks till I get a phone call to fill out an employment application and to list 3 references for them to check with. ANOTHER couple weeks and I email them to ask what the process situation is and they said they are still discussing and organizing things out. You list up an entry level, internship program months ago and you have to organize things now? Give me a break. Talk about a disorganized and uncoordinated company. I later get a phone call from the hiring manager that they were getting some office space and final confirmation for the intern to work at. Then ANOTHER two weeks later leave a voicemail that they had internal problems and had to rid of the position. Do not waste your time with this company and don't apply with them unless you want to wait 4-5 months for their disorganized system and personnel who hire people. LOOK ELSEWHERE!

Interview Questions

• Nothing too technical. How would you go about doing market research, what apps do you you use the most, top 3 qualities, and top 2 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

There were 6 interview which last whole day. Not very technical all they wanted to hear how good is their company. asked some very common questions. ( binary tree, java and some design question )

Negotiation

I needed the job so they took the benefit and give less than what I was asking.