Banfield Pet Hospital

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Service Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in October 2012.

Interview Details – Was quite easy, no experience really needed. Long application online is mandatory, then Practice Manager called me for phone interview within 2 days. They look for positive, hardworking people.
Then they invited me for 2 hour observation. My recommendation is that even if they tell you don't work, still look very interesting in how specific things done at the hospital, don't be shy to offer help.

Interview Question – I don't think there was any difficult questions.
- How do deal with difficult customer.
- What to do if client just don't get what you are saying.
- Also there were some questions about team work and my telephone skills.
  Answer Question

Southfield, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in April 2014.

Interview Details – It took a week. First there was a phone interview. 1. why do you want to work for this company 2. What is your pay range? 3. What are your qualifications to work here? 4. What do you want from this job? At the interview the description of the job was given on a paper. Then the lady went over it briefly and then she asked if anything blocked your schedule from working a 40 hr week. Then a series of questions were asked: 1. tell me about yourself 2. Tell me about a time when you helped a frustrated customer 3. Tell me about something you didn't like in your previous job/jobs? 4. Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker or boss 5. Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? A lot of customer service and example related questions. 6. What pace do you like to do your job and why?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker or boss   Answer Question

Plainfield, IN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call within the week. There was an impromptu phone interview including a query about pay expectations. At the end I was asked to come in two days later for a formal interview with the practice manager at the location to which I had applied. The interview went well and most questions were about customer service (Tell me a time you turned a frustrated customer into a happy customer, etc). At the conclusion I was told the interview process required a second interview at a different location and if that went well, shadowing at the clinic for a few hours.

I received a call to set up the second interview within 10 minutes of leaving the first interview. It was very different. Only 2-3 of the questions overlapped. This time the practice manager asked me much more specific to me questions. She was much more direct and businesslike than the first practice manager (who was very friendly and easy to talk to). Still, the interview went well and she was clear about how she felt about it at the end. Two days later I received a call asking me to come in and shadow for three hours. I did and at the end was told I would hear back in a few days. 4 days later I was made an offer.

I was initially unsure about working for Banfield but after my first interview I knew for sure that I would love to have the job. The practice manager was great and I love that the interview process was so detailed. I don't like when companies are not careful about the people they hire and have high turnover rates.

Interview Question – The only difficult question was "Tell me about a time you provided such good customer service that a customer asked specifically for you from then on." It was only difficult because I had just answered a similar question with an example of exactly that.

The most unexpected questions were, "Would you have quit your other job if you hadn't moved away?" and "Do you need insurance?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked on the phone interview and at the second formal interview how much I wanted to make. I was offered a little less, but told there was a raise after 90 days so I accepted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Montgomeryville, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted 2 weeks after applying online (although I have been applying for years). Impromptu phone interview when they called, came in for an interview 2 days later. That called that evening setting up a Observation Day, called me within the hour to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to make a customer happy?   Answer Question
  • Was there ever a time where there was a problem with an employee? How did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was briefly spoken about on the phone interview, but then at the actual interview, she mentioned a pay range that was lower than expected. Due to my experience, they ended up offering me the highest of the range, which was the lowest I would settle for. Still happy!

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2014.

Interview Details – Online application, standard fare. Phone interview with an assistant to the practice manager. Why do you want to work for Banfield, why did you leave your last position, what pay rate are you looking for. We scheduled and in person interview with the practice manager within 3 days. Typical questions. Manager was friendly, knowledgeable and a great representative of Banfield. My experience with her and the CSC on duty just intensified my interest in working for the company.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume. This isn't a difficult question but it is a GREAT opportunity to really showcase something about you that would help the company.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The practice manager thought a different position might make me happier and I agreed to explore it. I look forward to working with that manager in the future though, she was fantastic.

Client Services Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in May 2013.

Interview Details – Person I interviewed with was very unprofessional. He came to the interview 20 minutes late and admitted he typically does not interview people. The questions were worded very awkwardly. At the end of the interview he said he would give me a call the next day to set up a second interview and never did.

Interview Question – easy questions overall   Answer Question

Interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital

Interview Details – I applied and received a call for a phone call interview about a week later. After that I scheduled an interview. The interview was pretty simple with general questions.

Interview Question – When was a time that you wish you knew more information to help you complete a job?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2013.

Interview Details – Banfield has a ton of listings for Vet Assistant jobs in my area. I have a Vet Assistant certificate, and almost four years of customer service experience. I applied for three different hospitals online Parker, Aurora, and Stapleton. Taleo is a little bit glitchy and hard to manage, so the online application process is not very easy. Anyway, about a week after I completed my online applications I recieved an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was really messy. Basically they asked a lot of situational questions, and you were supposed to talk about a specific time that you demonstrated a specific quality. It lasted about 15 minutes. When it was finished I was informed that my answers would be sent to the hiring managers for each location and that if they were interested they would reach out to me. A week after that I got a call from a hiring manager named Tory that was calling in regards to the Stapleton position. We scheduled a face-to-face interview and I got a confirmation email of the appointment, except instead of being a full time Vet Assistant interview it said it was for a part time client service coordinator. Very messy. She called me back the next day and said the Vet Assistant position had been filled and if I would be interested in the CSC position. I told her I would be. The day of my interview I arrived on time, and dressed business casual. The hospital manager greeted me and we went into an exam room. She asked a lot of questions, about my current job and more situational questions. She was very nice and seemed like she was liking all my answers. After we were finished, she gave me a tour of the hospital and told me that I could shadow the current CSC and see what the job was about. The CSC was amazingly nice and helpful, she showed me their POS system and told me about what a typical day at Banfield is like. Next I talked to the nurses and technicians, and they were also quite nice. The doctors were pretty busy, so both of them didn't really pay much attention to me which I could understand. I stayed about 30 minutes shadowing, and then I talked to the manager before leaving and she seemed a little more distant this time. A week and a half after my interview I recieved an email saying they went a different direction. Honestly for some reason I feel like the fact that I am hispanic played a negative role in the hiring decision. The whole company doesn't seem like a very diverse place... But I guess the whole veterinary industry is that way, which is why I gave up on my dream to have an animal related career.

Interview Question – What is culture? When have you demonstrated you are a cultural champion.   Answer Question

Murrieta, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview Details – 5 years ago I interviewed with the director of pet nursing and the office manager. Easy typical questions such as: why you want to get into this field, if you ever had an altercation with a client and how you handled the situation, type of work experience, and etc. You have to pass a background check and drug test. I had to take a personality test as well. If you do not pass you will not get hired.

Interview Question – If you are good with interviews, you are fine. If you are not personable don't expect to ever get a job.   Answer Question

Signal Hill, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in March 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, personal interview with practice manager and chief of staff, drug test and background check.

Interview Question – Everybody is ___________?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Banfield Pet Hospital

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banfield Pet Hospital Client Service Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Banfield Pet Hospital employees and interview candidates.