Banfield Pet Hospital Client Service Coordinator Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Killeen, TX
Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2014.

1st interview was a phone interview. I then came in to do an observation and shadow their employees. Came back for a second interview. Did another observation. Was given an offer that I did not accept

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?
    Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
    Tell me what your concerns are about working here?
    Tell me what you liked and didn’t like about your previous job?
    Tell me a time you had a problem with a co-worker?
    Tell me how do you get along with employees even when there is tension?
    When are you available?
    Why do you want to work for Banfield?
      Answer Question

I did not accept their offer because they tried to give me 9.75 an hour because of never having worked in a vet clinic. Although I did not work at a vet clinic, the job was only for a CSC position, in other words "Receptionist". I have 5 years experience in office management. I am an Air Force veteran who worked in Human Resources. I have a B.A. in business Administration. I am currently a vet tech student. All of this experience was obsolete and invalid to them. Still, only offered 9.75. Even though that part of the process was a negative experience, the rest went well. They are good people. Everyone was super friendly. For someone just starting out in the workforce, this is definitely a good job for you.

Other Interview Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Anonymous Employee  in  Morrow, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

Applied online. Received phone call from someone 6 days later. She was friendly, asked me to tell her a little bit about myself. Very informal, no real questions asked over the phone. Scheduled interview for 7/25, told to wear business casual or scrubs for 3-hour shadowing to follow interview.

Interview was fine, very boring, predetermined questions (read from a list) - "What are two of your strengths? What are two of your opportunity areas (i.e. weaknesses)?" Got the sense that if I did not give a VERY specific answer, the interviewer would push for more; presumably, to fill in the blanks on the question list. For example, "What was an instance where you gave great customer service?" I worked in customer service many years ago; it's hard to remember specific situations. So, I gave an answer like "well, it's hard to remember one specific situation, but I know there were several occasions where I did A, B, and C", but that didn't seem to appease her.

When I was given the opportunity to ask questions, I asked why the position was open - was it new or had someone left, and if so why? She seemed very taken aback and refused to answer the question, which was red flag #1.

Shadowing the front desk was fine, if unhelpful. Tried to ask as many questions as possible but almost immediately knew I didn't want the position. Because the clinic is inside PetSmart, it is just like working in retail - something I have no desire to do again. Long hours on your feet, customers asking product questions (not your job since you work for Banfield, not PetSmart), etc. The employees I was shadowing seemed openly unhappy with their jobs, which was red flag #2. After shadowing, the interviewer said she would get back to me in 1 week (on a Friday). I received a call the following Monday declining to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was an instance where you gave great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

I applied online to all local banfield pet hospitals. 3 days later I was contacted for an interview. The interview was straight forward and the practice manager emailed me that same day to set up an observation. The observation took place 3 days later. It was 45 minutes and I observed my future coworker. It flew by. Then I spoke to the practice manager and she asked me if I wanted the job. When I said yes she ordered a background check and once it cleared I got an offer. The whole process from interview to hire took 1 week and was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Why Banfield?
      What would you do if you were confronted by a difficult customer?
      Tell me about proper phone etiquette.
        Answer Question
    Be open about your salary expectations.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in October 2012.

Was quite easy, no experience really needed. Long application online is mandatory, then Practice Manager called me for phone interview within 2 days. They look for positive, hardworking people.
    Then they invited me for 2 hour observation. My recommendation is that even if they tell you don't work, still look very interesting in how specific things done at the hospital, don't be shy to offer help.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was any difficult questions.
      - How do deal with difficult customer.
      - What to do if client just don't get what you are saying.
      - Also there were some questions about team work and my telephone skills.

Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in April 2014.

It took a week. First there was a phone interview. 1. why do you want to work for this company 2. What is your pay range? 3. What are your qualifications to work here? 4. What do you want from this job? At the interview the description of the job was given on a paper. Then the lady went over it briefly and then she asked if anything blocked your schedule from working a 40 hr week. Then a series of questions were asked: 1. tell me about yourself 2. Tell me about a time when you helped a frustrated customer 3. Tell me about something you didn't like in your previous job/jobs? 4. Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker or boss 5. Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? A lot of customer service and example related questions. 6. What pace do you like to do your job and why?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker or boss   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plainfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2014.

I applied online and received a call within the week. There was an impromptu phone interview including a query about pay expectations. At the end I was asked to come in two days later for a formal interview with the practice manager at the location to which I had applied. The interview went well and most questions were about customer service (Tell me a time you turned a frustrated customer into a happy customer, etc). At the conclusion I was told the interview process required a second interview at a different location and if that went well, shadowing at the clinic for a few hours.

I received a call to set up the second interview within 10 minutes of leaving the first interview. It was very different. Only 2-3 of the questions overlapped. This time the practice manager asked me much more specific to me questions. She was much more direct and businesslike than the first practice manager (who was very friendly and easy to talk to). Still, the interview went well and she was clear about how she felt about it at the end. Two days later I received a call asking me to come in and shadow for three hours. I did and at the end was told I would hear back in a few days. 4 days later I was made an offer.

I was initially unsure about working for Banfield but after my first interview I knew for sure that I would love to have the job. The practice manager was great and I love that the interview process was so detailed. I don't like when companies are not careful about the people they hire and have high turnover rates.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult question was "Tell me about a time you provided such good customer service that a customer asked specifically for you from then on." It was only difficult because I had just answered a similar question with an example of exactly that.

The most unexpected questions were, "Would you have quit your other job if you hadn't moved away?" and "Do you need insurance?"
        Answer Question
    I was asked on the phone interview and at the second formal interview how much I wanted to make. I was offered a little less, but told there was a raise after 90 days so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomeryville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomeryville, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in January 2014.

Contacted 2 weeks after applying online (although I have been applying for years). Impromptu phone interview when they called, came in for an interview 2 days later. That called that evening setting up a Observation Day, called me within the hour to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to make a customer happy?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time where there was a problem with an employee? How did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    Pay was briefly spoken about on the phone interview, but then at the actual interview, she mentioned a pay range that was lower than expected. Due to my experience, they ended up offering me the highest of the range, which was the lowest I would settle for. Still happy!

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2014.

Online application, standard fare. Phone interview with an assistant to the practice manager. Why do you want to work for Banfield, why did you leave your last position, what pay rate are you looking for. We scheduled and in person interview with the practice manager within 3 days. Typical questions. Manager was friendly, knowledgeable and a great representative of Banfield. My experience with her and the CSC on duty just intensified my interest in working for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume. This isn't a difficult question but it is a GREAT opportunity to really showcase something about you that would help the company.   View Answer

The practice manager thought a different position might make me happier and I agreed to explore it. I look forward to working with that manager in the future though, she was fantastic.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in May 2013.

Person I interviewed with was very unprofessional. He came to the interview 20 minutes late and admitted he typically does not interview people. The questions were worded very awkwardly. At the end of the interview he said he would give me a call the next day to set up a second interview and never did.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

I applied and received a call for a phone call interview about a week later. After that I scheduled an interview. The interview was pretty simple with general questions.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you wish you knew more information to help you complete a job?   Answer Question

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!