Banfield Pet Hospital

2.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in January 2015.

I was called the day after submitting my application. The interview was quite strait forward. First he gave the job description and gave information about the expectations of the position. Then he asked questions regarding difficult situations in previous job experiences and how i handled them. He then gave me an opportunity to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions
  • Name a specific time you made a mistake and how it created a rippling affect in the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

Client Service Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in January 2015.

I applied online and received an email about a week later to set up a time for a phone interview. I was called later that day and talked for about 30 minutes. They asked me to come in this coming thursday for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked lots of "name a time when you were in a situation where bla bla happened and how you reacted/what you did to fix it" type questions.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Banfield?   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Applied online, got a call the next day to come in for a working interview at the end of the week. Met with practice manager and then observed a surgery. 3 days later I received an email for authorization for a background check but haven't heard anything further in a week.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Started out as a simple call to come in for an interview. Practice manager was very nice and made the process pleasant. Got a call back a few days later to come observe for 2 hours. Was told that I would hear a call back the following week. At first she told me that they went with someone more experienced but a few week later I got a call offering the job.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in October 2014.

Interview process is tideous. And one office i interviewed for was very catty. Was interviewed for another location and was hired almost immediately. Have the shadow tomorrow with the cheif of staff.

Interview Questions
    • What is the things you find most important about the safety of animals?   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2014.

1st interview was a phone interview. I then came in to do an observation and shadow their employees. Came back for a second interview. Did another observation. Was given an offer that I did not accept

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
      Tell me what your concerns are about working here?
      Tell me what you liked and didn’t like about your previous job?
      Tell me a time you had a problem with a co-worker?
      Tell me how do you get along with employees even when there is tension?
      When are you available?
      Why do you want to work for Banfield?

Answer Question

I did not accept their offer because they tried to give me 9.75 an hour because of never having worked in a vet clinic. Although I did not work at a vet clinic, the job was only for a CSC position, in other words "Receptionist". I have 5 years experience in office management. I am an Air Force veteran who worked in Human Resources. I have a B.A. in business Administration. I am currently a vet tech student. All of this experience was obsolete and invalid to them. Still, only offered 9.75. Even though that part of the process was a negative experience, the rest went well. They are good people. Everyone was super friendly. For someone just starting out in the workforce, this is definitely a good job for you.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

I applied online to all local banfield pet hospitals. 3 days later I was contacted for an interview. The interview was straight forward and the practice manager emailed me that same day to set up an observation. The observation took place 3 days later. It was 45 minutes and I observed my future coworker. It flew by. Then I spoke to the practice manager and she asked me if I wanted the job. When I said yes she ordered a background check and once it cleared I got an offer. The whole process from interview to hire took 1 week and was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Why Banfield?
      What would you do if you were confronted by a difficult customer?
      Tell me about proper phone etiquette.

Answer Question
    Be open about your salary expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

Applied online. Received phone call from someone 6 days later. She was friendly, asked me to tell her a little bit about myself. Very informal, no real questions asked over the phone. Scheduled interview for 7/25, told to wear business casual or scrubs for 3-hour shadowing to follow interview.

Interview was fine, very boring, predetermined questions (read from a list) - "What are two of your strengths? What are two of your opportunity areas (i.e. weaknesses)?" Got the sense that if I did not give a VERY specific answer, the interviewer would push for more; presumably, to fill in the blanks on the question list. For example, "What was an instance where you gave great customer service?" I worked in customer service many years ago; it's hard to remember specific situations. So, I gave an answer like "well, it's hard to remember one specific situation, but I know there were several occasions where I did A, B, and C", but that didn't seem to appease her.

When I was given the opportunity to ask questions, I asked why the position was open - was it new or had someone left, and if so why? She seemed very taken aback and refused to answer the question, which was red flag #1.

Shadowing the front desk was fine, if unhelpful. Tried to ask as many questions as possible but almost immediately knew I didn't want the position. Because the clinic is inside PetSmart, it is just like working in retail - something I have no desire to do again. Long hours on your feet, customers asking product questions (not your job since you work for Banfield, not PetSmart), etc. The employees I was shadowing seemed openly unhappy with their jobs, which was red flag #2. After shadowing, the interviewer said she would get back to me in 1 week (on a Friday). I received a call the following Monday declining to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was an instance where you gave great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in April 2014.

It took a week. First there was a phone interview. 1. why do you want to work for this company 2. What is your pay range? 3. What are your qualifications to work here? 4. What do you want from this job? At the interview the description of the job was given on a paper. Then the lady went over it briefly and then she asked if anything blocked your schedule from working a 40 hr week. Then a series of questions were asked: 1. tell me about yourself 2. Tell me about a time when you helped a frustrated customer 3. Tell me about something you didn't like in your previous job/jobs? 4. Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker or boss 5. Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? A lot of customer service and example related questions. 6. What pace do you like to do your job and why?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker or boss   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2014.

I applied online and received a call within the week. There was an impromptu phone interview including a query about pay expectations. At the end I was asked to come in two days later for a formal interview with the practice manager at the location to which I had applied. The interview went well and most questions were about customer service (Tell me a time you turned a frustrated customer into a happy customer, etc). At the conclusion I was told the interview process required a second interview at a different location and if that went well, shadowing at the clinic for a few hours.

I received a call to set up the second interview within 10 minutes of leaving the first interview. It was very different. Only 2-3 of the questions overlapped. This time the practice manager asked me much more specific to me questions. She was much more direct and businesslike than the first practice manager (who was very friendly and easy to talk to). Still, the interview went well and she was clear about how she felt about it at the end. Two days later I received a call asking me to come in and shadow for three hours. I did and at the end was told I would hear back in a few days. 4 days later I was made an offer.

I was initially unsure about working for Banfield but after my first interview I knew for sure that I would love to have the job. The practice manager was great and I love that the interview process was so detailed. I don't like when companies are not careful about the people they hire and have high turnover rates.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult question was "Tell me about a time you provided such good customer service that a customer asked specifically for you from then on." It was only difficult because I had just answered a similar question with an example of exactly that.

The most unexpected questions were, "Would you have quit your other job if you hadn't moved away?" and "Do you need insurance?"

Answer Question
    I was asked on the phone interview and at the second formal interview how much I wanted to make. I was offered a little less, but told there was a raise after 90 days so I accepted.