Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions & Reviews

96 interviews

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2014.

I applied a month ago, the manager called me to days ago to setup an interview. I was really nervous at first because this is a job that I really want. She was extremely nice and lay back. the interview went really good and lasted for about 30 minutes. She asked me the basic questions that the company requires and then just when on telling me my benefits and what exactly i will be doing, she also asked me if I wouldn't mind to me cross trained as a receptionist.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question at all, only the general questions like why would you like to work at banfield, one difficult customer how did you solved it etc..   Answer Question
    she asked me how much would I liked to be paid an hour, it ussuallly ranges from 10.50 (being no experience) to 14.00. I ask for 12.

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2013.

Initially contacted by corporate recruiter after sending a LinkedIn message to another recruiter about the position. Had a phone screening interview with behavioral based interview questions, then an on-site interview and observation period to meet the team. I then had a phone interview with the Medical Director and Regional VP with more behavior based questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you define culture? Tell me about a time when you were a culture champion to achieve results.   Answer Question
    I did not have to negotiate. They offered a fair salary and I took it.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2014.

1st interview was a phone interview. I then came in to do an observation and shadow their employees. Came back for a second interview. Did another observation. Was given an offer that I did not accept

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
      Tell me what your concerns are about working here?
      Tell me what you liked and didn’t like about your previous job?
      Tell me a time you had a problem with a co-worker?
      Tell me how do you get along with employees even when there is tension?
      When are you available?
      Why do you want to work for Banfield?
        Answer Question

I did not accept their offer because they tried to give me 9.75 an hour because of never having worked in a vet clinic. Although I did not work at a vet clinic, the job was only for a CSC position, in other words "Receptionist". I have 5 years experience in office management. I am an Air Force veteran who worked in Human Resources. I have a B.A. in business Administration. I am currently a vet tech student. All of this experience was obsolete and invalid to them. Still, only offered 9.75. Even though that part of the process was a negative experience, the rest went well. They are good people. Everyone was super friendly. For someone just starting out in the workforce, this is definitely a good job for you.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Morrow, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

Applied online. Received phone call from someone 6 days later. She was friendly, asked me to tell her a little bit about myself. Very informal, no real questions asked over the phone. Scheduled interview for 7/25, told to wear business casual or scrubs for 3-hour shadowing to follow interview.

Interview was fine, very boring, predetermined questions (read from a list) - "What are two of your strengths? What are two of your opportunity areas (i.e. weaknesses)?" Got the sense that if I did not give a VERY specific answer, the interviewer would push for more; presumably, to fill in the blanks on the question list. For example, "What was an instance where you gave great customer service?" I worked in customer service many years ago; it's hard to remember specific situations. So, I gave an answer like "well, it's hard to remember one specific situation, but I know there were several occasions where I did A, B, and C", but that didn't seem to appease her.

When I was given the opportunity to ask questions, I asked why the position was open - was it new or had someone left, and if so why? She seemed very taken aback and refused to answer the question, which was red flag #1.

Shadowing the front desk was fine, if unhelpful. Tried to ask as many questions as possible but almost immediately knew I didn't want the position. Because the clinic is inside PetSmart, it is just like working in retail - something I have no desire to do again. Long hours on your feet, customers asking product questions (not your job since you work for Banfield, not PetSmart), etc. The employees I was shadowing seemed openly unhappy with their jobs, which was red flag #2. After shadowing, the interviewer said she would get back to me in 1 week (on a Friday). I received a call the following Monday declining to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was an instance where you gave great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in September 2011.

Searching online for a veterinary related job, I came across a career fair that was being held. When I got there, we were told to fill out an application. After filling out the application, we then went through a 3 interview process. Only after receiving the position did I realize that my first interview was conducted by the woman who would be my practice manager, and the next two interviews were conducted by two field directors. Had I known that while interviewing, it would have made the process much more nerve racking. It was a simple process, and an easy interview, which I am thankful for. After being hired I had a in clinic walk through interview and started that next week.

Interview Questions
    • They were all semi difficult questions considering I have never worked in Veterinary hospital before and majority of the questions were based on in clinic care. "What pre medications have you used before?" None, because again, I have never worked in a clinic.   Answer Question
    I didn't do much negotiating considering I have never worked in the veterinary field, but I would advise that you request at least 12/hr to start.

Veterinarian Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in March 2014.

I was there for my internship, I went to another clinic for an interview and was hired. But I came back to Banfield Pet Hospital because I think it is better for me as a new graduate.

Client Service Coordinator (CSC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garner, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

I applied online and the Practice Manager called me back within 3 days to set up an interview. I went in for the interview and we sat in one of the exam rooms and went over what my position's duties were. She asked me a few questions about my previous experience, which all I had was 4 years of customer service, and then she gave me a tour of the hospital. After the interview she asked if I could do an observation, come in and watch the flow of the hospital for a few hours, and then let me decide after that if the position was really something I wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have working with angry customers?   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucker, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

An HR person emailed me two weeks after I applied online to ask about a good time to do a phone interview, I set up the phone interview and I participated in the phone interview a few days later. It went ok and the HR person said she would pass on my information to the district manager and he would be in touch with me at the very latest within a week. Well I waited a week and heard nothing, so I emailed the HR person to just say thanks again and ask how the search for filling the position was coming along, She didnt bother to reply. Two weeks later I got an email saying I wasn't chosen.
               During the interview they ask what kind of salary you are looking for: She said that 40-42,000 a year was starting range for this position in the south east.
               She asked if animals bothered me, and also let me know that there would be some times when animal fluids would most likely get on me and wanted to know if this was a problem, she also asked if euthanizing animals was a problem for me.
               Other than that it was mostly just "tell me a time when this happened questions"
    The interview only lasts about 30-45 mins. The HR girl seemed really interested and enjoyable to talk to until about half way through the conversation. Then all of a sudden all of the questions became more demanding in tone, as if she had grown tired of the conversation and just wanted the answers now and be done with it. Never the less at the end of the conversation she made it sound like I was a shoe in and gave me a specific day to expect to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • please tell me about a time when you had to handle a budget. explain loss and gains.   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer that was being unreasonable.   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

I applied online to all local banfield pet hospitals. 3 days later I was contacted for an interview. The interview was straight forward and the practice manager emailed me that same day to set up an observation. The observation took place 3 days later. It was 45 minutes and I observed my future coworker. It flew by. Then I spoke to the practice manager and she asked me if I wanted the job. When I said yes she ordered a background check and once it cleared I got an offer. The whole process from interview to hire took 1 week and was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Why Banfield?
      What would you do if you were confronted by a difficult customer?
      Tell me about proper phone etiquette.
        Answer Question
    Be open about your salary expectations.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Panel interview, very down to earth and easy to open up. Asked about previous experience, but basic interview process with great higher ups. I was able to be myself and get to know the company that I know work for.

Interview Questions

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!