Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after application got a call and did a phone interview on the spot. Asked experience in vet setting and what pay I wanted. I said $12. They said they usually start $11-12 but that with my experience I should be closer to $12. They Called back and set up a time for face to face. Went in on Tuesday and was interviewed by 2 practice managers. Then got called back on Wednesday for a working interview on Thursday. Working interview was 1.5 hours and I followed another assistant around and worked with a client. I was mostly there for observation but they did let me restrain when it got busy. Job offered the next day on Friday and they offered me $12. One week wait for background check and went in to do new hire paperwork after that.

Interview Questions

• Asked lots of examples. How you dealt with a difficult customer. A time you had to confront someone and the outcome. A mistake you made in the work place and the outcome. How you went above and beyond for a customer. Had to sell a wellness plan as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $12 and that's what they gave me.

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online through the Banfield website. The interview started with a phone interview with Talent Acquisition Coordinator, the following day I had an interview with the regional manager and regional medical director at one of the local Banfield hospitals. Next I had an observation day at the Practice that they wanted me to manage along with the new Medical Director they were promoting. After the observation day I had another phone conversation with yet another regional manager followed by a phone call a few days later by the original manager I interviewed with, where I was finally offered the position. It was a long process but I think they wanted to be sure that I would be a good fit for the practice and a good partner with the new medical director.

Interview Questions

• When did you fail as a leader initially and had to adjust your style to fix the issue?   1 Answer

Veterinarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with corporate office first as screening then one on one with medical director for area I applied. Depending on where you interview they will have you stay around to watch a normal day or schedule for a different day if that is not possible. I scheduled a separate hospital visit and spent the morning shadowing the chief of staff.

Interview Questions

• If you could go back and do something differently what would you do?   1 Answer

Practice Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was very dry and almost seemed as though I was wasting his time. He started off by telling me about the company. When I stated I had researched it too, he almost sounded offended. I meet and exceed all of the qualifications, but he hasn't even responded to my follow up email. At this time, I have not heard back from him and it's been about 2 weeks. He told me I'd hear from him within days!

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Really easy, one of the practice mangers interviewed me for about 10 minutes. Questions were typical, everyone SEEMED friendly that interview day, but I learned I was wrong my first day there. One of the easiest interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Something I did for a client in the past that was above and beyond.

What I look forward to about this job.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room

Pet Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Daly City, CA).

Interview

I applied online. The interview was held in an exam room with the assistant manager and manager taking turns speaking with me. That made it awkward because I knew there was a security camera on me and the monitor is in plain view of all the back of house staff. They asked about my experience and how comfortable I was in a veterinary clinic environment. It was easy for me because I had veterinary experience. I could see how it would be stressful for someone without experience. I spent the majority of the 45 minute interview waiting for them to come back into the room when they were tag teaming.

Interview Questions

• They had me review their wellness plan and asked me to explain it to them as if they were a new client   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator (CSC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Gilbert, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I finally had to call for an interview a week after I put an app in. Got an interview a week late. They barely asked about me only described the job. They asked me what I wanted for compensation and I asked for 12 a hour with 5 years expirience they offered me 10.50 AFTER I did a 4 hour unpaid observation. I waited a week and called after the second interview they said they'd call when they knew. I watied another week and was later emailed by the website saying the position was filled. They didn't even have the decency to call me after making me wait 2 weeks. Biggest waste of my time.

Veterinary Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2015.

Interview

I filled up my application online, and I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer were late for 8 min on the day of the phone interview. Some standard interview questions were asked.
    How do you hear about Banfield?
    what do you know about the job I am applying for?
    Why do you want to work at banfield?
    Tell me about your biggest accomplishment.
    Tell me about a situation where you realized veterinary medicine is the right choice for you.
    Tell me about how school, volunteer experience, extracurricular experience have helped prepared you to work at a pet hospital.

Interview Questions

• What would your colleague ask you to improve, and how would you resolve it.   Answer Question

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Was emailed some information about the pet hospital and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 20 min, 15 minute the manager asked basic questions about the job, my goals, and salary, 5 min for me to ask questions. I was then invited to one-on-one interview with practice manager. Felt really rushed, stuttered a little on the first question, but the rest of the interview went smooth. Was asked what do I know about banfield, what skills/experience qualify me for the job, 2 strengths, and how to deal with difficult customer. Was then emailed to come in for observation period.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for $11.50, they looked at my resume and gave me $12.75

Customer Retention Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

I submitted an application online, had a phone interview, then came in for a face to face interview. Was pretty fast and painless. The location is easy to find and near public transportation.

Negotiation

None