Banfield Pet Hospital

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.6

Client Service Coordinator Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Started out as a simple call to come in for an interview. Practice manager was very nice and made the process pleasant. Got a call back a few days later to come observe for 2 hours. Was told that I would hear a call back the following week. At first she told me that they went with someone more experienced but a few week later I got a call offering the job.

No negotiations.

Practice Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Process took over 4 months. 2 phone interviews and 3 face to face including a shadow day in the clinic. Basic behavioral interview questions. You actually can access all their interview guides online, just look. They stick to those guides very closely.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Basic behavioral questions... tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult employee.. etc.   Answer Question
    They did not meet my salary but came as close as they were able. The bands are pretty large, PM salaries go from 40k -60k in the midwest.

Veterinarian Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

I had a phone call with someone from corporate that asked all the normal interview questions. The last two were behavioral questions where they asked for specific examples from my experiences. After that, it took over a month for me to have an interview with the regional medical director. She asked similar questions, and also asked about a case. The case was VERY vague, and afterwards she even said that they don't really set you up for success for the case question - they just want a feel for your thought process. My next step is to visit the clinic, after which they will take anywhere from 1-4 weeks to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • -Tell me about a time when you were working in a group, and you realized that the way you were interacting wasn't working, so you had the change your strategy in order to make the group work better.
      -Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult client. What would you have done differently?
      -Tell me about a time when you wish you would have had more information and how you handled the situation.

Practice Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

I'm currently in the interview process... There are multiple steps involved- but so far, everything has gone very smoothly and the staff has been very personable. 3 interviews left! I'm hoping for the best!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with an unreasonable client.
      What type of leader are you?
      What is your interview process like for new hires?

Practice Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Typical process as outlined by other applicants. Email inquiry, phone interview set up, personality test online then in person interview with Field Director and Chief Medical Director. Casual interview, 30 minutes of same "how would you handle blah blah blah" questions. Was told next step would be an on-site observation and they would contact candidates that following Monday one way or the other. Its now Tuesday of the second following week - no contact. I know I am expected to be reliable etc but not them? A simple "not interested" email would have been suitable!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you were unsuccessful in a group   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in October 2014.

Relatively quick for so many layers of interviews. Phone interview with H.R., who was very nice, and made it painless. Field Director called within 3 days and scheduled a face to face the following week which wound up being with both the Field Director and Medical Director. That evening I received a call from the Chief of Staff which went very well. 2 days later I received an email offering the position. All interviews consisted of mainly behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time, and provide specifics, about how you had to handle a difficult employee and how did your actions with that employee affect the department and company as a whole. What affect, if any, did it have on the way you manage people.   Answer Question
    I have been given a range at this point. I knew from speaking with H.R. at the beginning of the process what the salary range would be so no surprises. I have just mentioned that I feel the final offer should be at the top of the range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in October 2014.

Interview process is tideous. And one office i interviewed for was very catty. Was interviewed for another location and was hired almost immediately. Have the shadow tomorrow with the cheif of staff.

Interview Questions
    • What is the things you find most important about the safety of animals?   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Client Service Coordinator (CSC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in September 2014.

Went there for an interview, expecting to have a little bit of a hard time answering all the questions I had researched prior the day of the interview. It turns out it wasn't too bad, the lady was very nice (very talkative as well, spent roughly 10 minutes explaining the reason why Banfield Pet Hospital is growing in Florida...) and asked me basic questions as "tell me about yourself", "what do you know about Banfield" and "what are your restrictions regarding your possible work schedule", which I don't have it, but couldn't help showing a little bit of disappointment on the fact that they were only offering part time positions, and I was only informed of that at the moment of the interview. Had I known this earlier, I wouldn't have driven 40 minutes to get there. Not really worth the drive, in my opinion, just to work as a CSC part time. Anyways, the experience was good and can't say I am devastated with the fact that I haven't heard back from them since the meeting, 2 weeks ago.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was if I spoke Spanish, which I don't and I did not expect to hear that question, even though it is indeed a common one, I imagine.   Answer Question

Associate Veterinarian Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in September 2014.

Initial interview was with HR person and very scripted.
    Second interview was with the regional Medical Director and some other lady. They hinted at a third face to face interview that would take place if they were interested further.
    Generally a long process with interviews taking place on Friday or Monday and having to wait a few days in between to hear back. They did have the curtesy to let you know either way though.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your resume and experiences, describe fav classes/interests, why are you interested in banfield.   Answer Question
    • Describe most difficult case, describe a time when you went above and beyond for a client, and time when dealt with difficult staff member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2014.

1st interview was a phone interview. I then came in to do an observation and shadow their employees. Came back for a second interview. Did another observation. Was given an offer that I did not accept

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
      Tell me what your concerns are about working here?
      Tell me what you liked and didn’t like about your previous job?
      Tell me a time you had a problem with a co-worker?
      Tell me how do you get along with employees even when there is tension?
      When are you available?
      Why do you want to work for Banfield?
        Answer Question

I did not accept their offer because they tried to give me 9.75 an hour because of never having worked in a vet clinic. Although I did not work at a vet clinic, the job was only for a CSC position, in other words "Receptionist". I have 5 years experience in office management. I am an Air Force veteran who worked in Human Resources. I have a B.A. in business Administration. I am currently a vet tech student. All of this experience was obsolete and invalid to them. Still, only offered 9.75. Even though that part of the process was a negative experience, the rest went well. They are good people. Everyone was super friendly. For someone just starting out in the workforce, this is definitely a good job for you.