Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.6

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a week. You can apply to multiple locations and they email you if a position fills. Practice manager will call you and set up an interview time. I was interviewed in one of the pet exam rooms and the manager just asked a bunch of standard customer service questions. Most were situational or just general questions about your abilities and personality or goals. If the practice manager likes you, you will have to set up an unpaid observation and possibly interview with district managers.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job?   Answer Question
    • How are you with handling large amounts of phone calls?   Answer Question
    • How are you at handling loud environments, blood/small amounts of gore, and smells?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any room for negotiation, but starting pay and benefits are generous.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very basic interview. First the manager called me and asked me some general questions. After that she asked me to come in to see the practice and meet everyone.
    When I came in we just chatted and she told me about the company and asked me about myself in a very informal way. Showed me everything and asked me to stick around to observe for half an hour. It was very relaxed and friendly. I wish all interviews were this easy!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Banfield?   1 Answer

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a couple days later to come in for an interview. The practice manager was really nice and made the interview relaxing. Asked basic questions, showed me around the clinic. Got a call the next day to come in for a working interview. Got a call the next week offering me the job.

Veterinarian Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Straight forward, going over resume, education, career goals, what to expect from the position. What do you know about the company. One on one interview style, discussed skill level, resources available to you as an employee and great focus on the brand

Client Service Coordinator (CSC) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Applied online, Phone Interview (Not offered the location I applied for), In person interview at Mars Co. office in a large conference room with two hospital managers. Follow up call a few hours after the interview and offered the job. Started training the following week at a separate location of my offered hospital and trained for one week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough experience you've faced and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call approximately a week after applying online through taleo. On the spot phone interview was conducted with basic questions regarding my knowledge of Banfield and previous experience in the field, and was told I could expect a call in a week about setting up a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Banfield?   1 Answer

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruited by a friend that works for the company. After speaking with a recruiter I had several interviews and completed a day of hospital observations. I had the chance to speak with several practice managers and other paraprofessional staff members about their daily life in the job. Very thorough and great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were leading a team and you thought you provided clear instruction. In the end the task at hand was completed incorrectly. How did you handle it what did you do to remedy the issue and make it better?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations began with what seemed like a reasonable amount. I asked for more money to seal the deal and they came back with a small amount more than what I asked for. They will negotiate despite what you might read.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

I applied online to pretty much every Banfield in the area and about 1 to 2 weeks later I received a phone call to ask about the pay range and schedule an interview.

It was an overall pleasant process. I arrived 30 minutes early and a few moments later the Practice Manager greeted me.

The questions were straightforward and listed on paper, and was asked to answer with detail responses of possible.
    The basic behavioral questions.

Afterwards I asked a few questions on my own and thanked them again for interviewing me.

It hasn't been long after the interview but I really hope I get an offer! If not I am happy I at least got in the door. It's the field of work I really want to be in and I've been applying for years.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

DVM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (South Florida, FL).

Interview

what they advertised was not true as far as hours worked number of pets, weekend work, etc. they painted a very rosy picture of what work/life balance would be but since working for them, I feel that it was bait and switch. Many of the other doctors in this market are unhappy and feel the same.

Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Dallas, TX).

Interview

We sat in the treatment area and I interviewed with 2 people while other people worked around us. That same day he told me he wanted to offer me a position but I never got a call back. I called back and asked but they said they would just get back to me and never did.