Banfield Pet Hospital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Veterinary Assistant

Interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital

Interview Details – Panel interview, very down to earth and easy to open up. Asked about previous experience, but basic interview process with great higher ups. I was able to be myself and get to know the company that I know work for.

Interview Question – How do you handle a client that is upset.   Answer Question

Veterinarian Interview

Veterinarian
Pelham, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a phone interview from a recruiter with situation/behavioral questions. The next step was a face-to-face interview with the medical director, which took place at the hospital. Next was an interview with one of the associate veterinarians.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you went against what the rest of your student group was doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not entertained, which was disappointing.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Client Service Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in October 2012.

Interview Details – Was quite easy, no experience really needed. Long application online is mandatory, then Practice Manager called me for phone interview within 2 days. They look for positive, hardworking people.
Then they invited me for 2 hour observation. My recommendation is that even if they tell you don't work, still look very interesting in how specific things done at the hospital, don't be shy to offer help.

Interview Question – I don't think there was any difficult questions.
- How do deal with difficult customer.
- What to do if client just don't get what you are saying.
- Also there were some questions about team work and my telephone skills.
  Answer Question

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Veterinary Assistant
Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2013.

Interview Details – My application went through a program called Taleo and was viewed by my hiring manager from there. I applied for a different position than I was hired for and was impressed that my hiring manager actually viewed my application and resume and found that I was a wonderful fit for something else within the company AND THEN offered it to me since she was hiring for it. Interview was scheduled within a week of application and was fairly straightforward, mostly focusing on the physical and sometimes strenuous nature of the nursing job. Hiring decision was reached within days of interview.

Interview Question – Would you be able to restrain large animals and comfortable with the fact that some animals will need restraint for several minutes at times, forcing your body to be held in possibly uncomfortable positions that will need to be maintained despite pain or cramping?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a base rate and simply took it because I was 1) looking for a comparable pay rate to the position I was leaving and that is exactly what I was offered, 2) I had no experience in the field so did not feel comfortable asking for more, and 3) I was informed up front that there really was no other option at that moment as the pay was coming out of a hospital budget for a new location that hadn't even opened yet and therefore had no revenue to argue for higher base pay for new employees.

Vet Assistant Interview

Vet Assistant
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview about a month after I applied. I went in for the interview only to find out the practice manager was in a meeting and I was asked if I could stick around for another hour or so to which I declined because I had to be at work pretty soon. I rescheduled the interview about a week later and met the PM. He was very friendly but seemed pretty nervous. All of the questions he asked me were the "tell me about a time when..." questions and he read all of them from a piece of paper. I thought it was pretty odd. He also handed me some papers and read the job duties of a vet assistant to me. Some of the questions where a little difficult but overall I think I got through it okay.

Interview Question – I asked him a question about banfield to which he said "see now you're asking me questions that I don't know the answer to." I thought that was weird because he should know those things. I actually knew the answer.   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

Practice Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview Details – Very professional, pleasant and exciting, both ladies were down to earth, interviewed at the hospital, questions were direct, I was given ample opportunity to express myself and describe my qualifications

Interview Question – What type of culture are you expecting? Never been asked that before made me stop and think, not the usual "where do you see yourself in five years...."   View Answer

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Client Service Coordinator
Southfield, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in April 2014.

Interview Details – It took a week. First there was a phone interview. 1. why do you want to work for this company 2. What is your pay range? 3. What are your qualifications to work here? 4. What do you want from this job? At the interview the description of the job was given on a paper. Then the lady went over it briefly and then she asked if anything blocked your schedule from working a 40 hr week. Then a series of questions were asked: 1. tell me about yourself 2. Tell me about a time when you helped a frustrated customer 3. Tell me about something you didn't like in your previous job/jobs? 4. Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker or boss 5. Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? A lot of customer service and example related questions. 6. What pace do you like to do your job and why?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker or boss   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Certified Veterinary Assistant Interview

Certified Veterinary Assistant
Tampa Palms, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in January 2010.

Interview Details – Typical questions. Sometimes have group interviews with scenarios to work out with other interviewees. When I interviewed 8 years ago it was 1:1 with the manager. When I was a manager I had 1:1 interviews as well. A few years ago they changed it to the group interviews

Interview Question – how I handled a conflict with a manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating as corporate sets the pay

Veterinarian Interview

Veterinarian
Tampa, FL

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with a member from the corporate company. This was mostly them telling me about the company. This was followed by an in-person interview for which I had to fly to a different city. No compensation on hotel room or flight. After that interview, I again had to fly down for a day of shadowing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to give bad news. Tell me about a time that things didn't go like you wanted.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not really have a chance to negotiate. Seemed like they have a structured pay scale.

Very Easy Interview

CSC Interview

CSC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview Details – No questions basically came in and I got the job

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!