Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.6

Practice Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in March 2015.

Interviewer was very dry and almost seemed as though I was wasting his time. He started off by telling me about the company. When I stated I had researched it too, he almost sounded offended. I meet and exceed all of the qualifications, but he hasn't even responded to my follow up email. At this time, I have not heard back from him and it's been about 2 weeks. He told me I'd hear from him within days!

Client Services Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Really easy, one of the practice mangers interviewed me for about 10 minutes. Questions were typical, everyone SEEMED friendly that interview day, but I learned I was wrong my first day there. One of the easiest interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Something I did for a client in the past that was above and beyond.

What I look forward to about this job.

Answer Question
    Very little room

Pet Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

I applied online. The interview was held in an exam room with the assistant manager and manager taking turns speaking with me. That made it awkward because I knew there was a security camera on me and the monitor is in plain view of all the back of house staff. They asked about my experience and how comfortable I was in a veterinary clinic environment. It was easy for me because I had veterinary experience. I could see how it would be stressful for someone without experience. I spent the majority of the 45 minute interview waiting for them to come back into the room when they were tag teaming.

Interview Questions
    • They had me review their wellness plan and asked me to explain it to them as if they were a new client   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator (CSC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2015.

I finally had to call for an interview a week after I put an app in. Got an interview a week late. They barely asked about me only described the job. They asked me what I wanted for compensation and I asked for 12 a hour with 5 years expirience they offered me 10.50 AFTER I did a 4 hour unpaid observation. I waited a week and called after the second interview they said they'd call when they knew. I watied another week and was later emailed by the website saying the position was filled. They didn't even have the decency to call me after making me wait 2 weeks. Biggest waste of my time.

Veterinary Student Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2015.

I filled up my application online, and I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer were late for 8 min on the day of the phone interview. Some standard interview questions were asked.
    How do you hear about Banfield?
    what do you know about the job I am applying for?
    Why do you want to work at banfield?
    Tell me about your biggest accomplishment.
    Tell me about a situation where you realized veterinary medicine is the right choice for you.
    Tell me about how school, volunteer experience, extracurricular experience have helped prepared you to work at a pet hospital.

Interview Questions
    • What would your colleague ask you to improve, and how would you resolve it.   Answer Question

Veterinary Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Was emailed some information about the pet hospital and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 20 min, 15 minute the manager asked basic questions about the job, my goals, and salary, 5 min for me to ask questions. I was then invited to one-on-one interview with practice manager. Felt really rushed, stuttered a little on the first question, but the rest of the interview went smooth. Was asked what do I know about banfield, what skills/experience qualify me for the job, 2 strengths, and how to deal with difficult customer. Was then emailed to come in for observation period.

I asked for $11.50, they looked at my resume and gave me $12.75

Customer Retention Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

I submitted an application online, had a phone interview, then came in for a face to face interview. Was pretty fast and painless. The location is easy to find and near public transportation.

None

Vet Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

I applied online got a call the next day, went in for an interview they were all very nice...got a second interview on day later...and now am waiting for a call

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were under stress at a workplace and how you reacted   View Answer
    Be stern on the hourly wage

Practice Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Triple interview process. First interview with recruiter over the phone; Second 2 hour interview/observing in the facility; Third interview questions with the regional director. The whole process was about 35 days from resume submission to final interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in January 2015.

Painfully slow and drawn out........

I applied in mid-December online and received an interview scheduling email a few weeks later and a phone interview was scheduled for a week later. The first phone interview was underwhelming. The interviewer was very dry, and you could tell the questions and whole interview was basically scripted. It was the most uncomfortable phone interview I had ever had. No personality no normal human social interaction, may as well have been talking to a computer.....

I figured I had bombed the phone interview and then received an email to schedule a phone interview with the Field Director. Again, another week long wait just to talk to someone. The phone interview with the Field Director went great! He was very personable and fun to talk to! He scheduled me to come in for an in-person interview 2 weeks later (ugh!) at the Banfield location that I would have been managing.

The in-person interview went very well and I felt like I had established a great relationship with the 2 Practice Managers and Field Director that I had spoken to. They said that I would be scheduled to drive somewhere very far away and meet with the COM in 2 weeks. Wow! Another 2 weeks?!

I was told a decision about candidates moving forward in the process would take 2 more days and I would know then. 5 days later I received a FORM EMAIL telling me that I had not been selected. Way to string an unemployed and VERY well qualified person along, I thought I had the job for sure and (my bad) had actually turned down an offer to keep my availability open for this position as I had a VERY promising experience with the final 2 interviews....... Lesson learned.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled poor employee performance? What did you do to specifically solve that issue?   Answer Question