Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions

2.6

Pet Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rock Hill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2014.

I applied for this position after seeing it listed on Indeed.com. A few days later, I received an email from the hiring associate, inviting me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went great, and only basic questions were asked (i.e. personal information, greatest accomplishments, schedule, expected pay). At the end of the conversation, I was invited to come in for a working interview the following week. I stayed for about an hour. In doing so, I absolutely fell in love with what I knew about the company, and the position that I hoped to have. The people seemed really nice, and really laid back.
    About a week later, I got an email asking if I could come in for a final interview, where I would meet the head veterinarian. I accepted and prepared the best I could, and even studied the Banfield website, learning the history and values (which they didn't ask about, of course lol). I went to the interview, and it was a lot more difficult than I expected. LOTS of questions to really make you think! Even though it was challenging, I felt like it went really well and sounded really promising! I was told that the next step would be the hiring process, and that I would know rather quickly whether or not I was chosen.
    Almost 2 weeks later, after calling and emailing with no response, I get a company email saying that the position was no longer available. I was very disappointed, as I thought it was a very impersonal/cold way to handle the situation after I had attempted direct contact a number of times. I really would have loved the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to help a large number of people at one time, how you handled the situation and how you determined who to help first.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucker, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

I received a email from a recruiter. She wanted to set up a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and my information was passed to the field director. He then emailed me on Monday and scheduled a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and then he invited me for a one on one interview. I meet him at the hospital I would be placed at and interviewed with him and the chief director of medicine. The interview went well and that same day I got an invite from the field director for an on site observation day. After the observation I had two more phone interviews with the hr director and the regional VP. Then an offer was made. I completed the background check and signed my contract. Training is 9 weeks long.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really room for negotiations. They offered more than I expected. So I was fine with that.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2014.

I applied a month ago, the manager called me to days ago to setup an interview. I was really nervous at first because this is a job that I really want. She was extremely nice and lay back. the interview went really good and lasted for about 30 minutes. She asked me the basic questions that the company requires and then just when on telling me my benefits and what exactly i will be doing, she also asked me if I wouldn't mind to me cross trained as a receptionist.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question at all, only the general questions like why would you like to work at banfield, one difficult customer how did you solved it etc..   Answer Question
    she asked me how much would I liked to be paid an hour, it ussuallly ranges from 10.50 (being no experience) to 14.00. I ask for 12.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2013.

Initially contacted by corporate recruiter after sending a LinkedIn message to another recruiter about the position. Had a phone screening interview with behavioral based interview questions, then an on-site interview and observation period to meet the team. I then had a phone interview with the Medical Director and Regional VP with more behavior based questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you define culture? Tell me about a time when you were a culture champion to achieve results.   Answer Question
    I did not have to negotiate. They offered a fair salary and I took it.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2014.

1st interview was a phone interview. I then came in to do an observation and shadow their employees. Came back for a second interview. Did another observation. Was given an offer that I did not accept

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
      Tell me what your concerns are about working here?
      Tell me what you liked and didn’t like about your previous job?
      Tell me a time you had a problem with a co-worker?
      Tell me how do you get along with employees even when there is tension?
      When are you available?
      Why do you want to work for Banfield?
        Answer Question

I did not accept their offer because they tried to give me 9.75 an hour because of never having worked in a vet clinic. Although I did not work at a vet clinic, the job was only for a CSC position, in other words "Receptionist". I have 5 years experience in office management. I am an Air Force veteran who worked in Human Resources. I have a B.A. in business Administration. I am currently a vet tech student. All of this experience was obsolete and invalid to them. Still, only offered 9.75. Even though that part of the process was a negative experience, the rest went well. They are good people. Everyone was super friendly. For someone just starting out in the workforce, this is definitely a good job for you.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morrow, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

Applied online. Received phone call from someone 6 days later. She was friendly, asked me to tell her a little bit about myself. Very informal, no real questions asked over the phone. Scheduled interview for 7/25, told to wear business casual or scrubs for 3-hour shadowing to follow interview.

Interview was fine, very boring, predetermined questions (read from a list) - "What are two of your strengths? What are two of your opportunity areas (i.e. weaknesses)?" Got the sense that if I did not give a VERY specific answer, the interviewer would push for more; presumably, to fill in the blanks on the question list. For example, "What was an instance where you gave great customer service?" I worked in customer service many years ago; it's hard to remember specific situations. So, I gave an answer like "well, it's hard to remember one specific situation, but I know there were several occasions where I did A, B, and C", but that didn't seem to appease her.

When I was given the opportunity to ask questions, I asked why the position was open - was it new or had someone left, and if so why? She seemed very taken aback and refused to answer the question, which was red flag #1.

Shadowing the front desk was fine, if unhelpful. Tried to ask as many questions as possible but almost immediately knew I didn't want the position. Because the clinic is inside PetSmart, it is just like working in retail - something I have no desire to do again. Long hours on your feet, customers asking product questions (not your job since you work for Banfield, not PetSmart), etc. The employees I was shadowing seemed openly unhappy with their jobs, which was red flag #2. After shadowing, the interviewer said she would get back to me in 1 week (on a Friday). I received a call the following Monday declining to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was an instance where you gave great customer service?   Answer Question

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in September 2011.

Searching online for a veterinary related job, I came across a career fair that was being held. When I got there, we were told to fill out an application. After filling out the application, we then went through a 3 interview process. Only after receiving the position did I realize that my first interview was conducted by the woman who would be my practice manager, and the next two interviews were conducted by two field directors. Had I known that while interviewing, it would have made the process much more nerve racking. It was a simple process, and an easy interview, which I am thankful for. After being hired I had a in clinic walk through interview and started that next week.

Interview Questions
    • They were all semi difficult questions considering I have never worked in Veterinary hospital before and majority of the questions were based on in clinic care. "What pre medications have you used before?" None, because again, I have never worked in a clinic.   Answer Question
    I didn't do much negotiating considering I have never worked in the veterinary field, but I would advise that you request at least 12/hr to start.

Veterinarian Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in March 2014.

I was there for my internship, I went to another clinic for an interview and was hired. But I came back to Banfield Pet Hospital because I think it is better for me as a new graduate.

Client Service Coordinator (CSC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garner, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

I applied online and the Practice Manager called me back within 3 days to set up an interview. I went in for the interview and we sat in one of the exam rooms and went over what my position's duties were. She asked me a few questions about my previous experience, which all I had was 4 years of customer service, and then she gave me a tour of the hospital. After the interview she asked if I could do an observation, come in and watch the flow of the hospital for a few hours, and then let me decide after that if the position was really something I wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have working with angry customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucker, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2014.

An HR person emailed me two weeks after I applied online to ask about a good time to do a phone interview, I set up the phone interview and I participated in the phone interview a few days later. It went ok and the HR person said she would pass on my information to the district manager and he would be in touch with me at the very latest within a week. Well I waited a week and heard nothing, so I emailed the HR person to just say thanks again and ask how the search for filling the position was coming along, She didnt bother to reply. Two weeks later I got an email saying I wasn't chosen.
               During the interview they ask what kind of salary you are looking for: She said that 40-42,000 a year was starting range for this position in the south east.
               She asked if animals bothered me, and also let me know that there would be some times when animal fluids would most likely get on me and wanted to know if this was a problem, she also asked if euthanizing animals was a problem for me.
               Other than that it was mostly just "tell me a time when this happened questions"
    The interview only lasts about 30-45 mins. The HR girl seemed really interested and enjoyable to talk to until about half way through the conversation. Then all of a sudden all of the questions became more demanding in tone, as if she had grown tired of the conversation and just wanted the answers now and be done with it. Never the less at the end of the conversation she made it sound like I was a shoe in and gave me a specific day to expect to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • please tell me about a time when you had to handle a budget. explain loss and gains.   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer that was being unreasonable.   Answer Question

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!