Banfield Pet Hospital

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.6

Veterinary Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Was emailed some information about the pet hospital and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 20 min, 15 minute the manager asked basic questions about the job, my goals, and salary, 5 min for me to ask questions. I was then invited to one-on-one interview with practice manager. Felt really rushed, stuttered a little on the first question, but the rest of the interview went smooth. Was asked what do I know about banfield, what skills/experience qualify me for the job, 2 strengths, and how to deal with difficult customer. Was then emailed to come in for observation period.

I asked for $11.50, they looked at my resume and gave me $12.75

Customer Retention Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

I submitted an application online, had a phone interview, then came in for a face to face interview. Was pretty fast and painless. The location is easy to find and near public transportation.

None

Vet Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

I applied online got a call the next day, went in for an interview they were all very nice...got a second interview on day later...and now am waiting for a call

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were under stress at a workplace and how you reacted   View Answer
    Be stern on the hourly wage

Practice Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Triple interview process. First interview with recruiter over the phone; Second 2 hour interview/observing in the facility; Third interview questions with the regional director. The whole process was about 35 days from resume submission to final interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in January 2015.

I was called the day after submitting my application. The interview was quite strait forward. First he gave the job description and gave information about the expectations of the position. Then he asked questions regarding difficult situations in previous job experiences and how i handled them. He then gave me an opportunity to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time you made a mistake and how it created a rippling affect in the company.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Applied online, got a call the next day to come in for a working interview at the end of the week. Met with practice manager and then observed a surgery. 3 days later I received an email for authorization for a background check but haven't heard anything further in a week.

Veterinary Technician, RVT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

I applied at several locations and had three interviews and one working interview.

The first interview was by a manager. The questions were behavioral, for the most part. I was asked how I handled difficult clients and how my relationships were with coworkers. I got a call two days later. The manager told me I interviewed very well, but they had to close the position. They didn't hire anyone.

The second interview was with another manager. Like the previous interview, I was asked questions on how I handled difficult clients. I came back for a working interview. Two weeks afer that, I still had not heard back. When I called to inquire about the position, I was told they were still interviewing and had not made a decision. They went with an assistant instead of an RVT.

The third interview was odd. I was supposed to meet with the manager, but she had an emergency. Instead, the shift lead and a DVM from another location met with me. They did most of the talking, and asked me about how I handled previous difficult work situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news or tell a client something they did not want to hear. Tell me how you handle conflict at work.   Answer Question
    When I received the offer, I had another interview scheduled two days later. I told the manager about the other interview and asked if I could let her know after that interview. She then offered me more than I asked, and told me to let her know my decision after that last interview (with a different company.) I ended up taking the Banfield offer.

Client Service Coordinator (CSC) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

I filled out the application online and I got a call within 4 days asking about my availability and when I could come in for an interview, went to the interview and the recruiter said they would give me a call by the weekend. I didn't hear back from them so I called and the interviewer told me that she had other interviews to do so she will get back to me within a week so a week past didn't hear back then I got an email saying the position is no longer availble.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time I had to deal with a difficult customer?
      How do I stay organized?
      How did I go above and beyond to help a customer?
      What did a find difficult with my last job?

Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Started out as a simple call to come in for an interview. Practice manager was very nice and made the process pleasant. Got a call back a few days later to come observe for 2 hours. Was told that I would hear a call back the following week. At first she told me that they went with someone more experienced but a few week later I got a call offering the job.

No negotiations.

Practice Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Process took over 4 months. 2 phone interviews and 3 face to face including a shadow day in the clinic. Basic behavioral interview questions. You actually can access all their interview guides online, just look. They stick to those guides very closely.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Basic behavioral questions... tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult employee.. etc.   Answer Question
    They did not meet my salary but came as close as they were able. The bands are pretty large, PM salaries go from 40k -60k in the midwest.