Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Katy, TX).

Interview

Hiring Manager will ask questions in regards to your past professional experience. Also will ask "what if" situations at the job It'll more than likely be 1 on 1 Sit with hiring manager and just listen to each question and answer as best you can

Interview Questions

• What are your best qualities? What are your bad qualities? What do you know about the history of Banfield Pet Hospital? What experience do you have with animals?   1 Answer

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone call a few days later - she asked some informal questions (ie tell me about yourself etc). She set up a time for a face to face interview. The interview was basically pretty low key. It took place in one of the exam rooms. They asked the basic tell me about yourself questions and why Banfield. They also asked several situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst job you ever had and why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle a large amount of people needing something at once?   1 Answer

Pet Care Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Multiple interviews, semi professional. I was bounced from one hospital to another as many of the hospitals in my area were understaffed. It took about two months to finally be hired by one hospital after going back and fourth from one practice to another. I dressed business casual which was fine because the people that interviewed me were wearing scrubs. They were all very nice and asked the same general questions. I figured there was going to be some questions about what I knew about banfield as a company so I studied it the night before but they never asked any questions. All around it was an easy process, just obnoxiously long.

Interview Questions

• What's the main reason you chose Banfield and this hospital specifically.   1 Answer

Client Service Coordinator (CSC) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Met with PM and Chief of Staff, basic interview questions, no surprises. Observation interview for a few hours on a different day. Was trained by a girl who was only hired a couple weeks before me. Poor training. They basically just throw you in the pool and hope you know how to swim. I happen to be a good swimmer. Others, not so much.

Interview Questions

• Order of importance/how would you multitask various things going on....was given examples.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Pretty easy. The staff was very nice and they seem to love their job! The hospital was a tad on the messy side but I think that was due to the super busy appointments that they had on file for that day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

About two weeks after submitting my application (with tailored cover letter and resume) to Banfield I received a call from the practice manager. Since I was not yet living in the city to which I applied for work, I was instructed to call once I arrived to schedule an interview. About a month later, I called and set up an interview for the next day. My "interview attire" consisted of black dress pants, a light blouse, a white blazer, and some nude-colored flats. I also applied some natural-looking makeup and had my hair in a tidy bun. I am including this information as a reference because I believe a professional appearance (and a firm handshake!) made a great first impression. I arrived to the hospital half an hour early and sat in my car until about 7 minutes before the scheduled interview time. Once I checked in with the CSCs and told them that I was interviewing for a Client Service Coordinator position, they appeared thrilled at the idea of another set of hands! I asked them about the duties of a CSC and they walked me through a normal day at the hospital. Regardless of the position you are applying for, it wouldn't hurt to make conversation with the current employees (assuming that they are not currently engaged or otherwise busy.) I believe that showing your interest and enthusiasm to hopeful-coworkers will also make a great first impression. I was interviewed by a practice manager in an exam room with what I believe to be typical customer service/retail questions (i.e. "What would you do in this situation?" "How would you handle this?") After 20-25 minutes of questions and conversation I was asked to "observe" at the front desk with the CSCs on shift. Interacting with them beforehand made the process much more comfortable! It was a slow morning (as they only had one veterinarian on duty) but I got to experience firsthand a bit of what the position would entail, including but not limited to interacting with customers, filling out paperwork, making phone calls, and filling prescriptions. After about half an hour of job-shadowing the practice manager called me back to the exam room and informed me that I would be receiving a phone call from another practice manager to conduct an over-the-phone interview. An hour or so later I received the call, and I have to admit that I did not perform as well during the phone interview. For me it was more nerve-wracking than a face-to-face interview because I did not have a visual of who I was speaking with and I felt rushed to answer every question. My mind went blank when I was asked in a very roundabout fashion about my greatest weaknesses. It was worded more along the lines of "What do you hope to gain from working at Banfield that you don't have now?" It threw me for a loop and I studdered out a shaky answer, fearful when I hung up that I had lost any chance at being offered the position. Thankfully, I was wrong! Later in the evening I received a phone call from the practice manager with whom I'd first interviewed offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when your listening skills helped you to diffuse a bad situation.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to someone.   1 Answer
    • Taking into consideration the duties that this position entails, what are some of your strong suits that make you a good candidate?   1 Answer
    • What did you like/dislike about your previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what pay-range I was expecting. I used glassdoor as a reference and said that I have seen an average of $10/hr. I was then told that they offered a starting range $11-$12, so don't sell yourself short!

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Daytona Beach, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview that took just over an hour. Interviewer was very knowledgeable of the company and provided excellent information. The next step was an in person interview with the field director and a practice manager. Both were very nice and made me feel relaxed. The next step will be a working interview. Seems to be a good company so far.

Interview Questions

• What is one trait that you have that pertains to the position that you feel you could improve on.   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in July 2015.

Interview

I received an email asking for times to conduct a phone interview. After we agreed upon a time I received a call from a screener. All questions were scripted and posted on glass door. No real questions based on resume or experience. Said I would hear back in a week, either way. Finally got an email 3 weeks later.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a week. You can apply to multiple locations and they email you if a position fills. Practice manager will call you and set up an interview time. I was interviewed in one of the pet exam rooms and the manager just asked a bunch of standard customer service questions. Most were situational or just general questions about your abilities and personality or goals. If the practice manager likes you, you will have to set up an unpaid observation and possibly interview with district managers.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job?   Answer Question
    • How are you with handling large amounts of phone calls?   Answer Question
    • How are you at handling loud environments, blood/small amounts of gore, and smells?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any room for negotiation, but starting pay and benefits are generous.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a couple days later to come in for an interview. The practice manager was really nice and made the interview relaxing. Asked basic questions, showed me around the clinic. Got a call the next day to come in for a working interview. Got a call the next week offering me the job.