Banfield Pet Hospital

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2014.

Online application, standard fare. Phone interview with an assistant to the practice manager. Why do you want to work for Banfield, why did you leave your last position, what pay rate are you looking for. We scheduled and in person interview with the practice manager within 3 days. Typical questions. Manager was friendly, knowledgeable and a great representative of Banfield. My experience with her and the CSC on duty just intensified my interest in working for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume. This isn't a difficult question but it is a GREAT opportunity to really showcase something about you that would help the company.   View Answer

The practice manager thought a different position might make me happier and I agreed to explore it. I look forward to working with that manager in the future though, she was fantastic.

Senior Programmer Analyst Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2014.

It started with a quick phone call interview. They just asked one question after another without giving you time to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to relocate to Oregon?
      How would you prevent certain types from entering a collection via attributes?
        Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in November 2013.

Initial contact via phone. Everyone was professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • More behavior questions than some interviews.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as have reached my personal limit of being unemployed. This position is relatively entry level and not sure how much negotiating would be heard. The pay rate is $14.75 an hour with a bonus plan, not sure of details on that yet.

Art Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Phone interview. Very nice and professional man interviewed me. He was very easy going and casual. This fact helped me a lot and we just chatted a abit about each of us before going into the interview. This help calm my stress quite a bit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one time where you made a major impact on the company's profits. How would you direct a team of junior designers.   Answer Question

Field Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interviews included a total of 1 recruiter, 2 with RVP, 1 Regional Director and 5 corporate executives including Senior level.

Interview Questions
    Offer was strong and more than I requested.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in April 2011.

A few hoops to jump through. Technical screening phone interview, followed by a group technical interview (phone). Then two in-person interviews, first being another group technical, second being multiple groups with personality/environmental fit. Was a bit intense in places with questions being fired one after another, but the groups were personable and open/honest about their views of the company and day to day operations. The questions were difficult but fair, and the individuals were good about leading you to the answer they were looking for rather than just firing, listening, then moving on.

Interview Questions
    • How would you separate out the client tier from the data tier (loose coupling).   View Answer
    • What's a generic, how is it different from an interface, and how would you implement one?   Answer Question

New Job In the Computer Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2008.

It was the worst experience I've ever had. Met with so many people so many times. After being promised the position, they decided to go "another route".