Banfield Pet Hospital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Programmer Analyst Net Developer Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst Net Developer
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2014.

Interview Details – It started with a quick phone call interview. They just asked one question after another without giving you time to answer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to relocate to Oregon?
How would you prevent certain types from entering a collection via attributes?
  Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Client Services Coordinator
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in February 2014.

Interview Details – Online application, standard fare. Phone interview with an assistant to the practice manager. Why do you want to work for Banfield, why did you leave your last position, what pay rate are you looking for. We scheduled and in person interview with the practice manager within 3 days. Typical questions. Manager was friendly, knowledgeable and a great representative of Banfield. My experience with her and the CSC on duty just intensified my interest in working for the company.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume. This isn't a difficult question but it is a GREAT opportunity to really showcase something about you that would help the company.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The practice manager thought a different position might make me happier and I agreed to explore it. I look forward to working with that manager in the future though, she was fantastic.

Retention Specialist Interview

Retention Specialist
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact via phone. Everyone was professional and pleasant.

Interview Question – More behavior questions than some interviews.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as have reached my personal limit of being unemployed. This position is relatively entry level and not sure how much negotiating would be heard. The pay rate is $14.75 an hour with a bonus plan, not sure of details on that yet.

Art Manager Interview

Art Manager
Portland, OR

Interview Details – Phone interview. Very nice and professional man interviewed me. He was very easy going and casual. This fact helped me a lot and we just chatted a abit about each of us before going into the interview. This help calm my stress quite a bit.

Interview Question – Tell me one time where you made a major impact on the company's profits. How would you direct a team of junior designers.   Answer Question

Field Director Interview

Field Director
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Interview Details – Interviews included a total of 1 recruiter, 2 with RVP, 1 Regional Director and 5 corporate executives including Senior level.

Interview Question – What can you deliver which others cannot?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was strong and more than I requested.

Very Difficult Interview

New Job In the Computer Lab Interview

New Job In the Computer Lab
Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in August 2008.

Interview Details – It was the worst experience I've ever had. Met with so many people so many times. After being promised the position, they decided to go "another route".

Interview Question – I met with so many people, I can't remember.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital in April 2011.

Interview Details – A few hoops to jump through. Technical screening phone interview, followed by a group technical interview (phone). Then two in-person interviews, first being another group technical, second being multiple groups with personality/environmental fit. Was a bit intense in places with questions being fired one after another, but the groups were personable and open/honest about their views of the company and day to day operations. The questions were difficult but fair, and the individuals were good about leading you to the answer they were looking for rather than just firing, listening, then moving on.

Interview Questions

• How would you separate out the client tier from the data tier (loose coupling).   View Answer
  • What's a generic, how is it different from an interface, and how would you implement one?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banfield Pet Hospital interview questions and advice in Portland, OR. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Banfield Pet Hospital employees and interview candidates.