Bang & Olufsen

Relevance Date Difficulty

AV Installer Interview

AV Installer
Greenwich, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bang & Olufsen in August 2012.

Interview Details – I responded to an online ad with my resume, and was contacted quickly for an interview. The owner had me come in for an interview, which seemed to go very well. He called me back for another interview with the head installer, which also seemed to go well. I was told I would be contacted in a few days with a decision, but didn't hear back. Over the next few weeks, I sent a couple emails and left a couple voicemails, but I never heard back from them.

Interview Question – There were no questions that stood out as particularly difficult. I was just asked about my background and skills that would help me in the position.   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bang & Olufsen in January 2008.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews and One face to face: One with an HR consultant with typical interview questions that ask you to think on your feet. Tell me about a time when you etc...these are from TSI - Targeted Selective Interview questions etc.. The other phone interviews were more conversational and more of a resume walk through. The face to face was much the same but with a more "let me get to know you to see if you can hold a conversation"

Interview Question – Typical, what is your greatest weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was really none, I asked for more, but was told "we pay very well and this number shows it. I was also younger and likely did not approach the conversation with the right amount of swag.

Intern, Marketing, Automotive Section Interview

Intern, Marketing, Automotive Section
Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bang & Olufsen in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is quite usual, with a selection of CV, phone interview and face to face.
I sent an unsollicited application to the headquarters and have been re-directed to the automotive division in Germany by them really efficiently. 3 weeks went by in between my application and the first contact.

Interview Question – Where in life will you be when you are 30 (do not talk about the job)?   View Answer

Franchisee Interview

Franchisee
Norwich, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bang & Olufsen in January 2009.

Interview Details – Lengthy and extremely invasive. They require full financial disclosure and delve deeply into your abilities to represent Bang & Olufsen. Your commercial abilities to run a small retail business will be heavily scrutinised and you need to have a very in depth business plan.

Overall the process can take up to 6 months as you have to pass through their training programmes and also find a suitable location. You need to have around £250K working capital otherwise they will not entertain the prospect of you becoming a business franchisee.

Interview Question – You are asked to give a presentation that lasts for 20mins on what the brand means to you and only given 45mins to prepare. It is all done last minute and is highly pressured.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Munich (Germany)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bang & Olufsen in March 2012.

Interview Details – We discussed my background, then I was asked questions about programming, digital filters, then general engineering questions:
- what do virtual methods allow to do in terms of object-oriented design?
- how the power must be distributed among sub-woofer and tweeter speakers in audio system?
- what is the difference between FIR and IIR filters?
- what is Dolby Digital?
- what are advantages and disadvantages of electric cars?
After that there were couple of Google/Microsoft "brain teaser" questions.
I was not asked typical HR questions.

Interview Question – How many times clock hands cross during 24 hours?   View Answer

Worked for Bang & Olufsen? Contribute to the Community!