Bank Alfalah

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in February 2008.

Interview Details – it was ok

Interview Question – no such question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – yes i did negotiate and i was happy what i got.

Very Difficult Interview

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in May 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is now far more complicated, candidates are first screened by Regional offices then forwarded to the panel of Group offices for finalization. at initial interview the candidate is required to write an essay on any given topic and they sometime may ask to give a short presentation on any topic of candidate's choice. the panel may make one wait for long hours before his turn for interview and may humiliate the interview incase he object about such a misbehavior. the employer demands the best but never offer the benefits one deserve for such level of skills that he has. further after the hiring one may find himself being unutilized and misutilized in comparison to the promises made and expectation grew within himself by going through the whole process.

Interview Question – how many 9s are there in 1 to 100 counting   View Answer

Negotiation Details – most of the demands are accepted without any objection with promise of fulfilling them in due course. but later on the the person incharge refuse to fulfill his commitment and even deny that he has made any such commitment .

Teller Interview

Teller
Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in September 2008.

Interview Details – I Applied for Teller position through Online, then Bank Alfalah took an IQ test which was consisted of General Maths, English, IT & General Knowledge. After passing IQ test they put up me with group interview by which sernior officer & executive check personality, confidence & communication. After successful selection they provided me 30 days training at their learning centre. After which I was posted to a branch.

Interview Questions

• How many millions are there in 10 crore   View Answer
  • How would you manage your current study & job together. Would you continue your professional studies?   View Answer

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Assistant Product Manager
Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in April 2012.

Interview Details – Panel interview with Group head and Head of ADC.Interview was on the casual side and more of a conversation about my background and Why I want to work for this employer.Also alot of questions on banking, where do you think employer stands in the entire banking landscape and what changes should we make to become better

Interview Question – What's wrong with our bank ?   Answer Question

Manager Audit Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was a one to one interview for initial screeinging followed by a suitability interview / screening by HR and then a panel interview with the Group Head of Audit along with Senior Managers of Audit and , Head of HR.
Interview consisted of questions about personality traits, professional knowledge, past achievemtns and future goals plus negotiation regarding salary and perks expected.

Interview Questions

• how many 9s are there from 1 to 100   View Answer
  • wHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN aRTICLES OF ASSOCIATION AND MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION   View Answer

Negotiation Details – inflexible

Accounts Officer Interview

Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in March 2008.

Interview Details – First of all i was refer by one of my friend, i went along with my credantials for the interview, there my back ground as well as skills were testified and after one week of that interview, i got a IQ test call and i easily make through the test. Afterwards i got the offer letter.

Interview Question – What is your present salary   View Answer

Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in January 2008.

Interview Details – First there was an IQ test, the duration was for 2 hours. It was quite easy and was based on the latest news ( political and economic mainly). The call for the interview was made in approximately 2 weeks. It was a panel interview and they asked me questions about their company. The panel was quite impressed when I gave them the actual figures from their annual reports (available online) about the company's performance.

The office environment during the training period was friendly, comfortable and everyone was cooperative. After a 4 month training program there were late sittings and come officers weren't understanding or cooperative at all.

Interview Question – Why do u want to join this organization?   Answer Question

Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in July 2010.

Interview Details – Firstly we had to take a test based on the SAT format. next step was a group discussion on a topic provided on spot & then an impromptu speech on a given topic of current affairs. this was followed by a lengthy one to one interview which focused mostly on behavioral areas & our interest in joining the bank. finally, the senior management including the head of HRD interviewed us. Following that we got our offer letters within about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• My interest in joining the bank.   View Answer
  • If i planned to stick with the bank for a considerable time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We didnt go into any negotiation as it was a batch hiring & the plan had already been laid out for us. Additionally mostly fresh graduates were being hired so our knowledge regarding negiotiation was also limited at that time.

IT Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in April 2008.

Interview Details – One needs to be prepared if he is seriously looking to be hired. Knowing the company, the area he is interested to get in and the career perusing is helpful. Interviews are there to know you, so don't be afraid to show yourself and what ever talent you have. Best of luck.

Interview Question – What new technologies are there to help the company?   Answer Question

Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bank Alfalah in August 2010.

Interview Details – Initially the Bank Alfalah recruitment team visits the university and conduct an initial test based basically on GMAT format. It covers English Maths and IQ. For those students who successfully clear the test , they are required to appear in an on the spot interview with little or no preparation.The students who have successfully cleared the test and the interview, are required to visit Bank Alfalah's assessment center where they are further tested. They are asked to present on a topic given by the recruitment team then and there. Its a presentation that you have to prepare in mind and present. Presentation is followed by a group discussion in which a topic is provided to discuss upon and candidates are required to come up with a conclusion to that topic as well. If you are lucky enough to get through all the 4 phases , you are then required to appear in front of the top management executives who conduct your final interview before the offer , which is called the panel interview. If successful you will receive an offer letter shortly at your home address.

Interview Question – Why do you prefer Islamic banking over conventional banking?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salaries are not-negotiable as it is a training program leading to a permanent job. This is the case in every organization for the management trainee program. The are paid higher than the prevailing salaries for the starters but the salaries are same for all the candidates who have got into the management trainee program.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bank Alfalah? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank Alfalah interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank Alfalah employees and interview candidates.