Bank Alfalah Interview Questions

3.5

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah (Lahore (Pakistan)) in April 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with Group head and Head of ADC.Interview was on the casual side and more of a conversation about my background and Why I want to work for this employer.Also alot of questions on banking, where do you think employer stands in the entire banking landscape and what changes should we make to become better

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in August 2010.

Interview

Initially the Bank Alfalah recruitment team visits the university and conduct an initial test based basically on GMAT format. It covers English Maths and IQ. For those students who successfully clear the test , they are required to appear in an on the spot interview with little or no preparation.The students who have successfully cleared the test and the interview, are required to visit Bank Alfalah's assessment center where they are further tested. They are asked to present on a topic given by the recruitment team then and there. Its a presentation that you have to prepare in mind and present. Presentation is followed by a group discussion in which a topic is provided to discuss upon and candidates are required to come up with a conclusion to that topic as well. If you are lucky enough to get through all the 4 phases , you are then required to appear in front of the top management executives who conduct your final interview before the offer , which is called the panel interview. If successful you will receive an offer letter shortly at your home address.

Interview Questions

• Why do you prefer Islamic banking over conventional banking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salaries are not-negotiable as it is a training program leading to a permanent job. This is the case in every organization for the management trainee program. The are paid higher than the prevailing salaries for the starters but the salaries are same for all the candidates who have got into the management trainee program.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in July 2010.

Interview

Firstly we had to take a test based on the SAT format. next step was a group discussion on a topic provided on spot & then an impromptu speech on a given topic of current affairs. this was followed by a lengthy one to one interview which focused mostly on behavioral areas & our interest in joining the bank. finally, the senior management including the head of HRD interviewed us. Following that we got our offer letters within about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• My interest in joining the bank.   1 Answer
    • If i planned to stick with the bank for a considerable time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We didnt go into any negotiation as it was a batch hiring & the plan had already been laid out for us. Additionally mostly fresh graduates were being hired so our knowledge regarding negiotiation was also limited at that time.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah (Lahore (Pakistan)) in December 2009.

Interview

Boring

Interview Questions

• They asked me if i knew how much profit the bank had made the previous year.   Answer Question

MANAGER AUDIT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah in July 2009.

Interview

Interview was a one to one interview for initial screeinging followed by a suitability interview / screening by HR and then a panel interview with the Group Head of Audit along with Senior Managers of Audit and , Head of HR. Interview consisted of questions about personality traits, professional knowledge, past achievemtns and future goals plus negotiation regarding salary and perks expected.

Interview Questions

• how many 9s are there from 1 to 100   1 Answer
    • wHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN aRTICLES OF ASSOCIATION AND MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION   1 Answer

Negotiation

inflexible

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in September 2008.

Interview

I Applied for Teller position through Online, then Bank Alfalah took an IQ test which was consisted of General Maths, English, IT & General Knowledge. After passing IQ test they put up me with group interview by which sernior officer & executive check personality, confidence & communication. After successful selection they provided me 30 days training at their learning centre. After which I was posted to a branch.

Interview Questions

• How many millions are there in 10 crore   1 Answer
    • How would you manage your current study & job together. Would you continue your professional studies?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in May 2008.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is now far more complicated, candidates are first screened by Regional offices then forwarded to the panel of Group offices for finalization. at initial interview the candidate is required to write an essay on any given topic and they sometime may ask to give a short presentation on any topic of candidate's choice. the panel may make one wait for long hours before his turn for interview and may humiliate the interview incase he object about such a misbehavior. the employer demands the best but never offer the benefits one deserve for such level of skills that he has. further after the hiring one may find himself being unutilized and misutilized in comparison to the promises made and expectation grew within himself by going through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• how many 9s are there in 1 to 100 counting   1 Answer

Negotiation

most of the demands are accepted without any objection with promise of fulfilling them in due course. but later on the the person incharge refuse to fulfill his commitment and even deny that he has made any such commitment .

IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah in April 2008.

Interview

One needs to be prepared if he is seriously looking to be hired. Knowing the company, the area he is interested to get in and the career perusing is helpful. Interviews are there to know you, so don't be afraid to show yourself and what ever talent you have. Best of luck.

Accounts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah (Lahore (Pakistan)) in March 2008.

Interview

First of all i was refer by one of my friend, i went along with my credantials for the interview, there my back ground as well as skills were testified and after one week of that interview, i got a IQ test call and i easily make through the test. Afterwards i got the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is your present salary   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Alfalah (Lahore (Pakistan)) in February 2008.

Interview

it was ok

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes i did negotiate and i was happy what i got.