Bank Hapoalim

Updated Jun 11, 2014
Updated Jun 11, 2014

2.7

Market Risk and Middle Office Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bank Hapoalim.

It was two rounds, one with HR and one with the department manager. HR was very welcoming and asked basic questions to make sure the job was a fit. The next round was more in depth asking more market risk related questions and about my background. Most questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was asking me do describe VAR and Brownian motion   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank Hapoalim in February 2013.

All behavioral questions and the goal is to see if you would be a good fit at the company. They tell you upfront that most people either know they don't belong after 3 months or fit right into the culture and stay for much longer.

Interview Questions
    The more junior the position the less negotiation room there is.

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank Hapoalim in February 2011.

Very detailed.

Set price.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank Hapoalim in January 2010.

Straight forward. Met with Head of Dept. Asked simple questions more conversational than an actual interview. Also met with HR talked about benefits. Offer letter was almost I immediate after interview

Asked for 5% more than what it was offered

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank Hapoalim in January 2012.

Was requested to hand in my C.V. After that been called to a personal meeting with the head of the department. Along with him was a senior lawyer from the relevant department. Was asked mostly about my desire to leave my old job. Been given information about the general benefits of the job, but not accurate information as to my designated salary. Before getting any more information been asked to pass an external skills test, personality test, group interaction test etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is it that made you want to leave your old job, in a respectful and renowned place?   Answer Question

The salary which was implied to me wasn't high enough.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank Hapoalim in April 2011.

The interview is a very long process, at first you arrive to an innitial interview through your manpower company, you need to look official, it matters, they give you a short interview about yourself and then give you a short test to check your reliability, it's important to say the truth in this test and not to try to impress. then if you pass they let you know when to come to an evaluation centre, that's going to be the hard part, you need to show up looking official, you are going to see there people who already work in the bank and just need to pass the centre for a promotion, I almost fainted that day because it was so long and nobody told me, make sure you brink water and a snack with you :) make your best, be yourselves.

Interview Questions
    • They had some IQ test that were pretty difficult but nothing more.   View Answer

Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank Hapoalim in April 2008.

Nice people. First interview was with two members of the team and was mostly them explaining what they do and them trying to ascertain what I had one on my previous role and whther it was relevant. Generally quite relaxed and informal chatting. Second interview was with the FD and again was fairly informal. Got the impression they were looking for personality fit slightly more than skills.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't the most exciting job in the world, is that ok with you?   Answer Question