Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.7

Loan Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview

Interviewer was personable and engaging. I applied through a agency. The interview was set up. The interviewer has engaging. He explained the position and operation. He asked various questions regarding my background. He wasn't difficult, but he was thorough. More engaging then robotic interview questions.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY).

Interview

1st: Interviewed by dept. head and team leader. 60% technical (e.g., how would you explain FCF) and general economic trend question (e.g., why Japanese companies tend to be higher leverage than US counterparties?) No behavior questions. One day or two after that, they e-mailed me a take-home exam, which asked to write an one-two page report on the financial statement of a US company. One day after submitted, 2nd: one of senior members of the dept. members to see the fit. A day or tow after, asked to come in to see the top management and HR. Received an offer the following day.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

ETL Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in April 2014.

Interview

I applied to a random role but the HR was nice and forwarded my resume to the appropriate team and they called me back in two days. I scheduled a phone interview the next day with the Manager and he then scheduled a phone interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• all resume based questions. what did you do till now? what courses you took ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I had first phone interview with the Director of IT development.
    It was technical + resume based interview. He asked me about my academic projects and my work projects in detail. Few HR questions also, like why BTMU, why did you apply to this position.
    Later I had two phone interviews, one with Manager of Summer intern program and another one with HR. It was very basic and mostly conversational. HR extended me an offer on phone itself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview

After the on-campus interview with 2 associates from different teams, I was called in for a second round interview with directors from throughout the firm.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview

applied online through campus website. First round was a phone interview which took roughly 15-20 min. Very basic interview. Walk me through your resume, tell me a little about yourself, why bank of tokyo and how did they compare to their competition with other banks. also be able to talk about coursework

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview

This position came to my attention through my university career office, which is the venue by which they mostly hire interns (majority graduate/Masters and/or Ivy League students). My resume was forwarded to one of the department VP's who happened to need an intern with quantitative and programming skills. I was contacted via email, and an interview was set up as one would typically expect from a company--I was invited to the firm's office building and had a trio of interviews between various VPs and team members, to test my knowledge of finance (particularly derivatives, as they pertained to the job), programming and math. There was a second round, but this was basically with HR to test my fit with the company culture. Basically, being a Japanese bank, there is a strong focus on teamwork and loyalty. It's no surprise that their business is highly client focused and relationship based, with a very conservative business attitude (you won't find prop trading desks in this bank). The process took about a month, with an offer extended about a week after the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were related to the position, which basically dealt with programming details. For example, I was asked about my aptitude in algorithms and their implementations (dynamic programming, search and sorts, arrays, linked lists, etc.).   Answer Question

Negotiation

For an intern? This is defined by what level of education you have (undergrad sophomore, junior, senior, etc.). There really isn't much in the way of negotiations (at least at the intern level).

Project Finance - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

First contacted by a member of the team for a brief 15-30 minute phone interview. They will usually assess your interest in PF and fit the team. You will need to be interested and be able to answer why. Have you read anything about PF? What do you know about PF? If chosen to proceed, you will be invited for the first in-office interview. They will have you meet with 3-4 people; 45 minutes each interview. You may meet with a VP, and Associate, a Director at any given time, so be prepared to walk people through your résumé and highlight key skills and experiences that would relate to the PF role at BTMU. Fit and interest is very important. Indicate that you will be willing to work hard and learn. Also indicate that you are looking for a great, dynamic team that you would get along with. Second in-office round will have you meet with more people on the team. Format of interviews will be pretty much the same. You will likely meet with more senior people your second round - MDs and Directors. At some point during the in-office interviews, they will have you take a modeling test. They will give you 1.5-2 hours and ask you to put together a simple cash flow and debt sizing model based on a sheet of assumptions. The instructions are clear and you should do fine if you follow instructions and have some basic knowledge of PF debt sizing methodology (I.e., sizing debt based on a minimum debt service coverage ratio and a given debt tenor.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you are looking at a toll road in Mexico. Walk me through the risk analysis. What risk areas would you focus on?   1 Answer

Vice President - Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

5 very long and detailed interviews that went into job specifics including knowledge of audit methodologies, sampling, management techniques, etc. Be prepared to discuss every line of your résumé and give specific examples of your accomplishments, failures (a must), strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a day before a project is due you find out your staff will not meet a deadline?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation, but worth a try.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY).

Interview

Got the interview through a Headhunter. Apparently, you can't apply directly or HR can't handle that. Went in for 2 rounds. Typical interviews nothing unexpected. More about how you would fit into the group or technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but headhunter said there was no room.