Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President - Audit Interview

Vice President - Audit
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in February 2013.

Interview Details – 5 very long and detailed interviews that went into job specifics including knowledge of audit methodologies, sampling, management techniques, etc. Be prepared to discuss every line of your résumé and give specific examples of your accomplishments, failures (a must), strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – What would you do if a day before a project is due you find out your staff will not meet a deadline?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation, but worth a try.

Specialist Interview

Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in February 2011.

Interview Details – 5 Interviews - some with inexperienced bankers who had little experience interviewing. The more important interviews were brief and one was grilling and tough - they clearly led one to believe that although the work was tough, it was a supportive place - it is not at all.

Interview Question – "Why haven't you travelled?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated for more - but I was there throguh an employment agency and they insisted top salary was 50K for a "Specialist" position - not at all worht the experience - in retrospect I should have turned it down - Watership Down.

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had first phone interview with the Director of IT development.
It was technical + resume based interview. He asked me about my academic projects and my work projects in detail. Few HR questions also, like why BTMU, why did you apply to this position.
Later I had two phone interviews, one with Manager of Summer intern program and another one with HR. It was very basic and mostly conversational. HR extended me an offer on phone itself.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate & Investment Banking Internship Interview

Corporate & Investment Banking Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview Details – After the on-campus interview with 2 associates from different teams, I was called in for a second round interview with directors from throughout the firm.

Interview Question – What do you want to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

IT Operations Interview

IT Operations

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in June 2012.

Interview Details – Called by internal person for phone interview first. 2nd/3rd interview was with senior management and final interview with HR

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Just asking what you know and you better know what you advertise on your resume and what you are applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was good got a nice bump after negotiating with HR

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview Details – applied online through campus website. First round was a phone interview which took roughly 15-20 min. Very basic interview. Walk me through your resume, tell me a little about yourself, why bank of tokyo and how did they compare to their competition with other banks. also be able to talk about coursework

Interview Question – nothing to difficult   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview Details – This position came to my attention through my university career office, which is the venue by which they mostly hire interns (majority graduate/Masters and/or Ivy League students). My resume was forwarded to one of the department VP's who happened to need an intern with quantitative and programming skills. I was contacted via email, and an interview was set up as one would typically expect from a company--I was invited to the firm's office building and had a trio of interviews between various VPs and team members, to test my knowledge of finance (particularly derivatives, as they pertained to the job), programming and math. There was a second round, but this was basically with HR to test my fit with the company culture. Basically, being a Japanese bank, there is a strong focus on teamwork and loyalty. It's no surprise that their business is highly client focused and relationship based, with a very conservative business attitude (you won't find prop trading desks in this bank). The process took about a month, with an offer extended about a week after the second round interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were related to the position, which basically dealt with programming details. For example, I was asked about my aptitude in algorithms and their implementations (dynamic programming, search and sorts, arrays, linked lists, etc.).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For an intern? This is defined by what level of education you have (undergrad sophomore, junior, senior, etc.). There really isn't much in the way of negotiations (at least at the intern level).

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hr called me and tole me your not fit for the role and hence my CV was rejected

Interview Question – what are your technical skills?   Answer Question

Project Finance - Associate Interview

Project Finance - Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in February 2013.

Interview Details – First contacted by a member of the team for a brief 15-30 minute phone interview. They will usually assess your interest in PF and fit the team. You will need to be interested and be able to answer why. Have you read anything about PF? What do you know about PF? If chosen to proceed, you will be invited for the first in-office interview. They will have you meet with 3-4 people; 45 minutes each interview. You may meet with a VP, and Associate, a Director at any given time, so be prepared to walk people through your résumé and highlight key skills and experiences that would relate to the PF role at BTMU. Fit and interest is very important. Indicate that you will be willing to work hard and learn. Also indicate that you are looking for a great, dynamic team that you would get along with. Second in-office round will have you meet with more people on the team. Format of interviews will be pretty much the same. You will likely meet with more senior people your second round - MDs and Directors. At some point during the in-office interviews, they will have you take a modeling test. They will give you 1.5-2 hours and ask you to put together a simple cash flow and debt sizing model based on a sheet of assumptions. The instructions are clear and you should do fine if you follow instructions and have some basic knowledge of PF debt sizing methodology (I.e., sizing debt based on a minimum debt service coverage ratio and a given debt tenor.

Interview Question – Suppose you are looking at a toll road in Mexico. Walk me through the risk analysis. What risk areas would you focus on?   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview Details – Got the interview through a Headhunter. Apparently, you can't apply directly or HR can't handle that. Went in for 2 rounds. Typical interviews nothing unexpected. More about how you would fit into the group or technical questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, but headhunter said there was no room.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ

Worked for Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ employees and interview candidates.