Bank of America Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. Manager asked very basic questions regarding experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

There are 3 interviews and the process spans over a course of 3 months. During each interview you have to meet with multiple members of the team you will be working with. The office space is very nice and the people are okay.

Interview Questions

Better offer from another company

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Two interviews were scheduled for the same day. Met with the potential supervisor, and another admin in the group. Both were courteous, as was the human resources professional that scheduled the meetings.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager contacted me regarding the job posting as a result of my networking contact.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, we just discussed the job tasks and how many managers and associates I would be supporting,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Irvine, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview and I was very comfortable because I studies on what they where looking for in an employee. I was confident I was the right person for their job opening. I had only one interview and I thought it went well. I had a very good felling of acceptance with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • What level of MS Office are you comfortable with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter whose client was BofA and had a phone interview with him. He scheduled the in-person interviews for the following week and I had to fill out a background check form prior to the interview. I had an interview with the Office Manager and three other admins. I first met with the Office Manager and several minutes later another admin came in and they were both there. Two more admins interviewed me at the same time afterwards. The next day I was offered a second round of interviews with the Managing Directors. I met with 2 MDs and also met with a couple other admins. The next day I got a job offer (Wednesday). I accepted the offer the next day (Thursday) even though they wanted someone to start the following Monday, they said it would be fine if I started on Wednesday since I was on vacation and didn't return to the office until Tuesday. On Monday morning, I get an e-mail retracting the offer. Although the interview experience went fine, and offer experience went sour, I am glad it happened. Thinking back about the office culture, it would have not been the right fit after all. How can there be any kind of trust in an environment that would allow for an offer to be retracted just because the start date was only 2 days later. This shows they are not flexible, understanding or considerate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America in June 2009.

Interview

This was a temp to perm interview set up through a staffing company. I didn't want an admin job, but felt like I should go through with the interview. There are a lot of corp terms thrown around. If you can get some inside info on the job, it will help. Company is always looking for top performers and loves the term 'client delight.'

Interview Questions

• Question posed about conflict resolution.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

pretty straight forward interview

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your current job   1 Answer
    • what is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

standard interview process....negotiation was pretty short

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. Went in about a week later for F2F interview, received job offer the next day. Began extremely extensive background check process that took about 3 weeks. Completed numerous online applications, background check information, in person I9 completion, mailed fingerprint cards, had those completed at police station, sent by FedEx and had to wait for results. First part of background check came back fine. Continued to receive many emails from BofA staffing welcoming me to my new job, reminding me of what I needed to complete next, etc. I also received several emails from my hiring manager welcoming me to the team, and forwarding me all my information on my new laptop, phone line, employee ID, etc. Two days before my start date, I received a call from the recruiter rescinding my offer!!!! They said the 2nd part of my background check came back unsatisfactory, however never did tell me what the specific problem was. The job market out here is really bad and having this offer rescinded was extremely disappointing as I have been out of permanent work with benefits for a year and a half. I feel they should let people know what is involved with their background checks beforehand and what might be a deal breaker, and then provide them with a specific reason as to why the offer was rescinded. This was a HORRIBLE, disappointing, exhaustive experience and frankly feel somewhat relieved that I am not working for a company that treats people this way!!!

Interview Questions

• Interview was extremely easy, laid back, like talking to a friend or an existing long term co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What negotiation? they strung me along until the last possible minute and then rescinded offer.