Bank of America Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

First the recruiter asked me something about my project, followed by some basic data structure questions, time complexity about several basic sorting algorithms, a fizz buzz question, determine if a linked list is circular.. find if a element in array has different value from its index.. the question in general is relatively simple...

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

The process took 3 months in total. I applied after seeing info. at campus recruitment events and HR contacted me 1.5 mo. later to begin the interviewing process. First round was a phone interview with a member of the department pertaining to my analyst position. Next, HR contacted me to attend final round interviews on-site. These interviews consisted of two one-on-one interviews with seasoned employees. Everyone I spoke to was very easy to talk to and nice. Behavioral-based interviews. Know the company's current initiatives and state of affairs, as well as important events that are affecting the economy as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you were working on a project and your integrity or honesty was compromised   Answer Question
    None needed in terms of compensation or benefits because they put forth such a great offer. They were flexible in allowing me to go to a location of my choice.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied through college career website and got two Skype interviews back to back. First asked about yourself and basically chat about the position. The interviewer talked about his experience working there and also provided some information on what you might be interested in.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online through their website site and got a screening phone interview with human resources a couple of weeks later. Two weeks passed before getting a call back for an one on one interview with two managers in the department. Went through second round interview a few days later with the head of the group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2012.

Through on campus interview. Very nice people. A ton of people reached out to try and get me to come interview and come work there. First on campus interview was fit oriented, not too difficult. No hard quant questions. Super day was quite easy. 4 different interviewers. Some employees seemed rather bitter, one told me not to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Rough duration estimation and potential PnL on IR movement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Began with a phone interview which covered personality traits. The 1:1 interview was more focused on work experience and interest/knowledge of the industry

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge and overcame it..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Not too bad, started with the normal stuff. Then it shifted over to a bit more technical areas, including a bit of DCF and methods of valuation. Be sure that you are coming into a major bulge bracket bank, so there is a level of knowledge you must possess. They were friendly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

I first interviewed over the phone with the recruiter for the division. After that, I met with the team that the recruiter suggested I join. I met with the two heads of the team for 1:1 interviews. Each lasted about 20 minutes. They pretty much just reviewed my resume and asked me what business and technical skills I had.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any terribly difficult questions. It was more a question of skill set and personality fit.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. I liked the offer, so I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pennington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

I spoke with a recruiting agent, and he was able to secure me a telephone interview with an insurance company. I had to submit an application on the internet, and then after reviewing my application and resume, they contacted me through email for a phone interview. A date and time was set, and the interview took place. It was a pretty straight forward interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Very hard interview, you really need to know your stuff. I will worked harder and try again.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!