Bank of America Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online, then contacted by a recruiter, invited to an onsite interview with the department managers, two weeks later, they offered me the job.overall the interview questions were not hard, they were very nice and profession throughout the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process is composed of 3 intense rounds. The first round was a phone interview that was conducted by a recruiter that I had previously met at my institution. It was geared towards getting a feel for your specific interest in the industry. The second round consisted of a behavioral interview in front of a panel of 4 senior level analyst.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview

First the recruiter asked me something about my project, followed by some basic data structure questions, time complexity about several basic sorting algorithms, a fizz buzz question, determine if a linked list is circular.. find if a element in array has different value from its index.. the question in general is relatively simple...

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The process took 3 months in total. I applied after seeing info. at campus recruitment events and HR contacted me 1.5 mo. later to begin the interviewing process. First round was a phone interview with a member of the department pertaining to my analyst position. Next, HR contacted me to attend final round interviews on-site. These interviews consisted of two one-on-one interviews with seasoned employees. Everyone I spoke to was very easy to talk to and nice. Behavioral-based interviews. Know the company's current initiatives and state of affairs, as well as important events that are affecting the economy as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you were working on a project and your integrity or honesty was compromised   Answer Question

Negotiation

None needed in terms of compensation or benefits because they put forth such a great offer. They were flexible in allowing me to go to a location of my choice.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through college career website and got two Skype interviews back to back. First asked about yourself and basically chat about the position. The interviewer talked about his experience working there and also provided some information on what you might be interested in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Apply on their website, but has a friend refer me as well. 4 round interview, both quantitative and behavior questions have been asked. Be prepared for the general questions and specific financial industry question. hiring process could be long so be patient.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online through their website site and got a screening phone interview with human resources a couple of weeks later. Two weeks passed before getting a call back for an one on one interview with two managers in the department. Went through second round interview a few days later with the head of the group.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Through on campus interview. Very nice people. A ton of people reached out to try and get me to come interview and come work there. First on campus interview was fit oriented, not too difficult. No hard quant questions. Super day was quite easy. 4 different interviewers. Some employees seemed rather bitter, one told me not to work there.

Interview Questions

• Rough duration estimation and potential PnL on IR movement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Began with a phone interview which covered personality traits. The 1:1 interview was more focused on work experience and interest/knowledge of the industry

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge and overcame it..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Not too bad, started with the normal stuff. Then it shifted over to a bit more technical areas, including a bit of DCF and methods of valuation. Be sure that you are coming into a major bulge bracket bank, so there is a level of knowledge you must possess. They were friendly