Bank of America

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – The process took 3 months in total. I applied after seeing info. at campus recruitment events and HR contacted me 1.5 mo. later to begin the interviewing process. First round was a phone interview with a member of the department pertaining to my analyst position. Next, HR contacted me to attend final round interviews on-site. These interviews consisted of two one-on-one interviews with seasoned employees. Everyone I spoke to was very easy to talk to and nice. Behavioral-based interviews. Know the company's current initiatives and state of affairs, as well as important events that are affecting the economy as a whole.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you were working on a project and your integrity or honesty was compromised   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None needed in terms of compensation or benefits because they put forth such a great offer. They were flexible in allowing me to go to a location of my choice.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2012.

Interview Details – Through on campus interview. Very nice people. A ton of people reached out to try and get me to come interview and come work there. First on campus interview was fit oriented, not too difficult. No hard quant questions. Super day was quite easy. 4 different interviewers. Some employees seemed rather bitter, one told me not to work there.

Interview Question – Rough duration estimation and potential PnL on IR movement.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website site and got a screening phone interview with human resources a couple of weeks later. Two weeks passed before getting a call back for an one on one interview with two managers in the department. Went through second round interview a few days later with the head of the group.

Interview Question – none, straight forward behavioral interview   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – I first interviewed over the phone with the recruiter for the division. After that, I met with the team that the recruiter suggested I join. I met with the two heads of the team for 1:1 interviews. Each lasted about 20 minutes. They pretty much just reviewed my resume and asked me what business and technical skills I had.

Interview Question – There weren't any terribly difficult questions. It was more a question of skill set and personality fit.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. I liked the offer, so I accepted

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview which covered personality traits. The 1:1 interview was more focused on work experience and interest/knowledge of the industry

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge and overcame it..   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Interview Details – Not too bad, started with the normal stuff. Then it shifted over to a bit more technical areas, including a bit of DCF and methods of valuation. Be sure that you are coming into a major bulge bracket bank, so there is a level of knowledge you must possess. They were friendly

Interview Question – Go over a DCF model   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very hard interview, you really need to know your stuff. I will worked harder and try again.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Pennington, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

Interview Details – I spoke with a recruiting agent, and he was able to secure me a telephone interview with an insurance company. I had to submit an application on the internet, and then after reviewing my application and resume, they contacted me through email for a phone interview. A date and time was set, and the interview took place. It was a pretty straight forward interview.

Interview Question – How were your findings implemented?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2008.

Interview Details – Consisted of two interviews. the first being a group interview and the second was a one on one with management.

Interview Question – what is your worst trait?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – offer and acceptance

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Interview Details – Basically had to interview with about 12 people over two days and a total of seven hours. The company never got back to me with a decision either way (accept or decline) . It's frustrating when you spend so much time on the company and they are not courteou enough to respond.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!