Bank of America

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – the interview process was very professional and the people was friendly

Interview Question – they ask all the standard question   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who enjoyed our conversation. The recruiter proceeded to send me a link for a skills assessment test. Once I completed the test she notified me that I did pass and she will set up an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers and was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Question – For the main part, all the questions were basically average. It was mainly a conversation.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President

I applied through other source and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I got my foot in the door and seem to have come pretty close to getting the job. There was someone inside who was a good candidate, and I think they were just seeing "who else was out there."

What's great about that: a company promoting from within.

I don't feel like my time was wasted.

I feel like should I ever make inside there in a capacity I like? I may have an opportunity for good recognition and growth like that person did.

Interview Question – Detail for me how your experience in your current position translates for us, as you would be switching industries.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2009.

Interview Details – In 1986, I interviewed with a Section Manager for a secretarial position. Several years later, I was promoted to a supervisor/assistant vice president.

Interview Question – If the group manager contacted you regarding a report that you prepared for your boss and this individual was not around to answer, how would you handle this call?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I accept.

Charlotte, NC

I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2009.

Interview Details – 3-4 rounds of tech interview and then background process after that contract.

Interview Question – how you can handle stress   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2009.

Interview Details – In person interview by Business, Technology and Other support area managers. I used to be a contractor in same team so knew most of these interviewers.

Interview Questions

• describe your current role   View Answer
  • Risk Mgmt - and Technical Skills questions: SQL querying knowledge questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Money is tight right now, there is ton of talent in market ready to work if you dont take the job. Shut up and take the job if you really are looking for one. If you already have a job and are looking for something better, try and negotiate but in this market i doubt if they change their offer.

Very Easy Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2009.

Interview Details – This was an internal transfer. My boss had basically decided from my resume that she wanted me for my skill set. The only thing was I had to get along with this weird guy that had been here for a long time. I get along with everyone. I think he thought I was cute. He didn't respond to a lot I had to say then I found out later he was deaf in one ear so it wasn't personal. I found out that I got the job right away. It was quick.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
  • What do you see as your biggest challenge with this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When you are internal you know are aren't going to get that much of a bump and I didn't but I've been here a little under 2 years and I'm making 10k more than I was in my previous role which isn't bad.

Assistant Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2011.

Interview Details – Generally advertised through authorised head hunters and after HR evaluation candiature will be considered follwed by number of interviews. Thats really depends upon hiring manager but generally minimum 4 interview rounds.

Interview Question – How will you fit in this role ?   View Answer

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – The interview process and questions varies from team and team. The team I joined comprised of very technical people and the quality of interview questions was very good. All the questions were scenario based and not about remembering some API. Though I was asked to write code.

Interview Question – Implementation of highly concurrent, low latency price distribution system   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process begin if you best seen to be matched with vast experience and exposure to the Large environment Technology Environment if you looking opportunity in the Technology area then it goes to the Hiring manager to match your experience with the Job roles and responsibility and let HR inform the candidate ...Then Large chances to have Round with the Local Manager or Lead which will analyze the candidate capabilities on the Communication skills and the Technology area/skills ..
Then it goes with second round with the Functional manager or senior Management who basically look at candidate behaviour and how would he be able to contribute more on individual contributor or team ..

Then rest of the topic goes on the compensation between the senior manager and HR...then rest follow as other companies

Interview Question – Technical round ..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!