Bank of America Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

3.1

Assistant Vice President Interview

Interview

The interviewing process was straight forward and the questions and time allowed to respond was perfect. The interviewing manager was prepared with questions that were business specific, transitioned to allow the flow of interview to go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is the one asset of working for your last manager?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Assistant Vice President Interview

Interview

the interview process was very professional and the people was friendly

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I got my foot in the door and seem to have come pretty close to getting the job. There was someone inside who was a good candidate, and I think they were just seeing "who else was out there." What's great about that: a company promoting from within. I don't feel like my time was wasted. I feel like should I ever make inside there in a capacity I like? I may have an opportunity for good recognition and growth like that person did.

Interview Questions

• Detail for me how your experience in your current position translates for us, as you would be switching industries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who enjoyed our conversation. The recruiter proceeded to send me a link for a skills assessment test. Once I completed the test she notified me that I did pass and she will set up an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers and was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• For the main part, all the questions were basically average. It was mainly a conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

1st interviewer - 24 Technical questions in an in-person interview 2nd interviewer - 24 Technical question in-person 3rd interviewer - 7 Business questions (How to price a Bond, Swaps and balloon payments).

Interview Questions

• How many parameters can be passed into a container's constructor? Interviewer was looking for the last parameter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and had 3 interviews. One with HR, one with the district manager and another meeting with managers. I was asked to verify previous income to qualify for the salary I wanted. Overall the interview process was good and I did not have any problems. It took about 3 weeks for me to receive an offer and I received what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a hard situation you overcame?   1 Answer

Negotiation

3 weeks and offer accepted

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Richmond, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was primarily on phone. The first interview with HR, followed-up by interview with manager, skip-level manager and one key stakeholder for this role. Interview questions were focused mainly around past experience and experiences relevant to the role.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

In 1986, I interviewed with a Section Manager for a secretarial position. Several years later, I was promoted to a supervisor/assistant vice president.

Interview Questions

• If the group manager contacted you regarding a report that you prepared for your boss and this individual was not around to answer, how would you handle this call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer and I accept.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2009.

Interview

This was an internal transfer. My boss had basically decided from my resume that she wanted me for my skill set. The only thing was I had to get along with this weird guy that had been here for a long time. I get along with everyone. I think he thought I was cute. He didn't respond to a lot I had to say then I found out later he was deaf in one ear so it wasn't personal. I found out that I got the job right away. It was quick.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer
    • What do you see as your biggest challenge with this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When you are internal you know are aren't going to get that much of a bump and I didn't but I've been here a little under 2 years and I'm making 10k more than I was in my previous role which isn't bad.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in March 2009.

Interview

In person interview by Business, Technology and Other support area managers. I used to be a contractor in same team so knew most of these interviewers.

Interview Questions

• describe your current role   1 Answer
    • Risk Mgmt - and Technical Skills questions: SQL querying knowledge questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Money is tight right now, there is ton of talent in market ready to work if you dont take the job. Shut up and take the job if you really are looking for one. If you already have a job and are looking for something better, try and negotiate but in this market i doubt if they change their offer.