Bank of America Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2014

3.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Vice President Interview

the interview process was very professional and the people was friendly

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bank of America.

I got my foot in the door and seem to have come pretty close to getting the job. There was someone inside who was a good candidate, and I think they were just seeing "who else was out there."

What's great about that: a company promoting from within.

I don't feel like my time was wasted.

I feel like should I ever make inside there in a capacity I like? I may have an opportunity for good recognition and growth like that person did.

Interview Questions
    • Detail for me how your experience in your current position translates for us, as you would be switching industries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter who enjoyed our conversation. The recruiter proceeded to send me a link for a skills assessment test. Once I completed the test she notified me that I did pass and she will set up an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers and was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • For the main part, all the questions were basically average. It was mainly a conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2009.

In 1986, I interviewed with a Section Manager for a secretarial position. Several years later, I was promoted to a supervisor/assistant vice president.

Interview Questions
    • If the group manager contacted you regarding a report that you prepared for your boss and this individual was not around to answer, how would you handle this call?   View Answer
    They made an offer and I accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2009.

This was an internal transfer. My boss had basically decided from my resume that she wanted me for my skill set. The only thing was I had to get along with this weird guy that had been here for a long time. I get along with everyone. I think he thought I was cute. He didn't respond to a lot I had to say then I found out later he was deaf in one ear so it wasn't personal. I found out that I got the job right away. It was quick.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
    • What do you see as your biggest challenge with this job?   View Answer
    When you are internal you know are aren't going to get that much of a bump and I didn't but I've been here a little under 2 years and I'm making 10k more than I was in my previous role which isn't bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2009.

In person interview by Business, Technology and Other support area managers. I used to be a contractor in same team so knew most of these interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • describe your current role   View Answer
    • Risk Mgmt - and Technical Skills questions: SQL querying knowledge questions.   View Answer
    Money is tight right now, there is ton of talent in market ready to work if you dont take the job. Shut up and take the job if you really are looking for one. If you already have a job and are looking for something better, try and negotiate but in this market i doubt if they change their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

interviewed at Bank of America in February 2009.

3-4 rounds of tech interview and then background process after that contract.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

The interview process and questions varies from team and team. The team I joined comprised of very technical people and the quality of interview questions was very good. All the questions were scenario based and not about remembering some API. Though I was asked to write code.

Interview Questions
    • Implementation of highly concurrent, low latency price distribution system   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Long and unnecessary, took six interviews and three months to receive and offer. Final offer letter did not include the salary that was agreed upon verbally. Bank prides itself in hiring people and keeping salaries as low as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Will I be committed to maintaiing employment for a min of two years   View Answer
    Deceptive

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2011.

Generally advertised through authorised head hunters and after HR evaluation candiature will be considered follwed by number of interviews. Thats really depends upon hiring manager but generally minimum 4 interview rounds.