Bank of America Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Long painful process for a underpaid job. Only good thing are the hours. 830 to 430 during the weekDays. But totally underpaid and so many demanding tasks. I asked the manager if they were understaffed and why the teller position opened up. She said because people were moving up. First month there they fired someone and moved someone else to another banking center leaving the center I was in understaffed and completely overwhemed for the rest of us.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

First I took the Bank Work training provided by the YWCA. The training lasted for 2 months. In the last two weeks of the training, I applied to a few banks out there and later on, a lady from HR department of the Bank of America contacted me to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the marketing manager and the Vice President of Hiring department. 2 days later, the vice-president called me back to offer me the job!!!

Interview Questions

• How to handle a really difficult customer that keeps asking you question over and over   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with Branch Manager and AM. Went well, questions on lifestyle, carreer opportunities and everyday roles for bank. Overall I would say that the hiring process went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Hollywood, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a longer process than I expected and involved a lot of questions. It was mostly dealing with my retail/face-to-face experience with customers. Bank Tellers now are more of a "soft sale" position so they like sales experience. The manager put me through many role-playing situations that most tellers would experience...it was pretty nerve-racking but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why Bank of America? Why not any other bank?...this one caught me off-guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. The pay was fixed according to my understanding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Huntington Beach, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

1) I applied online.
    2) A day later I received an email asking to do an assessment.
    3)I got a call the next day. If you pass, you'll receive a phone call asking if you are still interested in the position. She just asked me basic questions so she can fill forms out. The recruiter coordinator was genuinely helpful and answered all of my questions. She emails you the information about the interview time and place.
    4) Bring two resumes and availability schedules. The group interview consisted of 2 managers and 1 recruiter and about 8 people from different branches. She handed out a piece of paper that she wanted us to follow along with during the interview. Throughout the entire interview, she explained to us the criteria of being a bank teller. First, you introduce yourself, tell them your qualifications and why you should be selected to work at Bank of America. FIRST IMPRESSION MATTERS. She asked for availability for the next 12 months and if you want part time/ full time and if you want to be pipelined for other branches. Pipelined means that if you don't receive the job at that branch then she would keep in contact with you if you are interested at other branches. IF you get referred the job.
    5)Role play. She put us in a group of 4 and told us to role play the parts of a bank teller, customer, and host at the door and one person sits out. You're choice of what you want to sell and what you want to offer more to the customer.
    6) She addressed us to the one on one interview with the manager.
    7) During the interview he asked me questions about situations in my past work and asked me to role play with him.
    How did you think your group interview went?
    When was a time you and a worker worked together to achieve something? (Something like that)
    Describe a time where your coworker wasn't working as hard as you or wasn't doing something right? What did you do?
    Sell me a credit card and tell me why i shouldn't go to wells fargo instead?
    He asked me a max of four questions.
    8) I got a call the next day saying I as referred the job but unfortunately, the branch i applied for no longer had any openings. She put me on pipeline because I said I was interested. She told me to fill out the background check and to be thorough. She told me to call her again when she was free so we could go over the background check again before I send it in.
    9)The background check must come back SATISFACTORY in order for you to get the job.
    ----(I havent sent in my background check yet.)------
    10) She told me if it comes back satisfactory and there are openings around my area she would set me up with another meeting/ interview with THAT branch manager.
    11) If you make it this far, you'd have to do a paid training for about a month long. Then start working I believe.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, but I was really nervous during the group interview and that part was the hardest for me.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I started at filling out the online application form, and passed the assessment a few days after submitting online application. Then, I received a call to confirm a phone interview one day later. During the phone interview, the recruiter was very nice and asked a lot of questions related to sale experience. After that I waited about 10 days to hear back from the recruiter to further interview.

Interview Questions

• It asked a lot of questions related to sale experience.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2013.

Interview

phone interview than group an finally branch managers

Negotiation

Banking Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

1. Filled in application
    2. Passed the screening quiz
    3. Got contacted by BoA HR rep, set up a phone interview.
    4. Phone interview questions are related to what skill you have, and how you react with different scenarios
    5. If you passed, they would schedule you in with the Branch Manager for the in-person interview. And questions were easy and straight-forward

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Gardena, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Select hiring branches that you want to apply to then apply online, send resume, take the online assessment, pass group interview, and lastly interview with the branch manager. Sometimes they require you to pass three or four interviews before you get hired. After you pass the interviews they take your fingerprints and check your background.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Fresno, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

After passing the online test I got a call from a local recruiter setting me up for a group interview. I read all the reviews online and was well prepared for this interview. Speak up first, sell yourself, smile, listen to other people blah blah blah... I did everything right and had such a good feeling but a person from a local branch was there with the recruiter and he was looking for someone for his branch. They called 3 people to stay after out of the 12 and I wasn't one of them! I kept replaying everything in my head and was mind boggled, I know I was qualified if not over qualified. Fresno is a small town and I later found out the people that stayed after not only knew each other but also a girl that was high up at the branch they were hiring for. Basically it was a waste of time and I was very disappointed how things played out but I've moved no to better things so everything happens for a reason.
    Questions: Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
    Role Play as if you are the teller and they are the customer
    Tell me about yourself/ Introduce yourself