Bank of America

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – First I took the Bank Work training provided by the YWCA. The training lasted for 2 months. In the last two weeks of the training, I applied to a few banks out there and later on, a lady from HR department of the Bank of America contacted me to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the marketing manager and the Vice President of Hiring department. 2 days later, the vice-president called me back to offer me the job!!!

Interview Question – How to handle a really difficult customer that keeps asking you question over and over   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview with Branch Manager and AM. Went well, questions on lifestyle, carreer opportunities and everyday roles for bank. Overall I would say that the hiring process went well.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself....   Answer Question

Gardena, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview Details – Select hiring branches that you want to apply to then apply online, send resume, take the online assessment, pass group interview, and lastly interview with the branch manager. Sometimes they require you to pass three or four interviews before you get hired. After you pass the interviews they take your fingerprints and check your background.

Interview Question – Why Bank of America?   Answer Question

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1) I applied online.
2) A day later I received an email asking to do an assessment.
3)I got a call the next day. If you pass, you'll receive a phone call asking if you are still interested in the position. She just asked me basic questions so she can fill forms out. The recruiter coordinator was genuinely helpful and answered all of my questions. She emails you the information about the interview time and place.
4) Bring two resumes and availability schedules. The group interview consisted of 2 managers and 1 recruiter and about 8 people from different branches. She handed out a piece of paper that she wanted us to follow along with during the interview. Throughout the entire interview, she explained to us the criteria of being a bank teller. First, you introduce yourself, tell them your qualifications and why you should be selected to work at Bank of America. FIRST IMPRESSION MATTERS. She asked for availability for the next 12 months and if you want part time/ full time and if you want to be pipelined for other branches. Pipelined means that if you don't receive the job at that branch then she would keep in contact with you if you are interested at other branches. IF you get referred the job.
5)Role play. She put us in a group of 4 and told us to role play the parts of a bank teller, customer, and host at the door and one person sits out. You're choice of what you want to sell and what you want to offer more to the customer.
6) She addressed us to the one on one interview with the manager.
7) During the interview he asked me questions about situations in my past work and asked me to role play with him.
How did you think your group interview went?
When was a time you and a worker worked together to achieve something? (Something like that)
Describe a time where your coworker wasn't working as hard as you or wasn't doing something right? What did you do?
Sell me a credit card and tell me why i shouldn't go to wells fargo instead?
He asked me a max of four questions.
8) I got a call the next day saying I as referred the job but unfortunately, the branch i applied for no longer had any openings. She put me on pipeline because I said I was interested. She told me to fill out the background check and to be thorough. She told me to call her again when she was free so we could go over the background check again before I send it in.
9)The background check must come back SATISFACTORY in order for you to get the job.
----(I havent sent in my background check yet.)------
10) She told me if it comes back satisfactory and there are openings around my area she would set me up with another meeting/ interview with THAT branch manager.
11) If you make it this far, you'd have to do a paid training for about a month long. Then start working I believe.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, but I was really nervous during the group interview and that part was the hardest for me.   Answer Question

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview than group an finally branch managers

Interview Question – sell yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I started at filling out the online application form, and passed the assessment a few days after submitting online application. Then, I received a call to confirm a phone interview one day later. During the phone interview, the recruiter was very nice and asked a lot of questions related to sale experience. After that I waited about 10 days to hear back from the recruiter to further interview.

Interview Question – It asked a lot of questions related to sale experience.   Answer Question

Banking Teller Interview

Banking Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – 1. Filled in application
2. Passed the screening quiz
3. Got contacted by BoA HR rep, set up a phone interview.
4. Phone interview questions are related to what skill you have, and how you react with different scenarios
5. If you passed, they would schedule you in with the Branch Manager for the in-person interview. And questions were easy and straight-forward

Interview Question – How would you react with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

Interview Details – First, you have to pass the application process they give you. There are timed assessments having to do with typical bank procedure. Then, once you do well enough on that, someone will call you and schedule an interview. They start by doing a group interview with other candidates. They ask mostly personality and experience questions. It is used to basically get a feel of how you would operate in that environment. I thought I had done very well, as my interactions with the other candidates as well as my answers to the questions asked of me in the group setting garnered a lot of positive feedback. After the interview, they call you back and you think you are hired. So your profile is placed in the hands of someone who's responsibility it is to provide branches with candidates to fill open positions. However, you quickly learn that there usually aren't as many openings as there are candidates. In fact, they had filled the position I applied for BEFORE I even had my interview. So what eventually happens is this agonizing period of limbo where you are "hired" yet they are looking for branches that meet your preferences. Once a branch shows interest, you go to the individual branch to do an interview, and there are probably at least 6 or 7 people vying for that position there as well. I turned down another offer because I thought I had landed this job and I was given the runaround for almost 2 months. They STILL havent gotten back to me, and sometimes you cant even get in touch with the individual in charge of delegating candidates and placing them in open branch positions. I cut my losses and searched for employment elsewhere.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Bank of America vs other branches and how does it relate to what you want to do as a career?   Answer Question

Fresno, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Interview Details – After passing the online test I got a call from a local recruiter setting me up for a group interview. I read all the reviews online and was well prepared for this interview. Speak up first, sell yourself, smile, listen to other people blah blah blah... I did everything right and had such a good feeling but a person from a local branch was there with the recruiter and he was looking for someone for his branch. They called 3 people to stay after out of the 12 and I wasn't one of them! I kept replaying everything in my head and was mind boggled, I know I was qualified if not over qualified. Fresno is a small town and I later found out the people that stayed after not only knew each other but also a girl that was high up at the branch they were hiring for. Basically it was a waste of time and I was very disappointed how things played out but I've moved no to better things so everything happens for a reason.
Questions: Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
Role Play as if you are the teller and they are the customer
Tell me about yourself/ Introduce yourself

Interview Question – Introduce/ tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

Interview Details – Easy phone interview followed by a group interview with other candidates.

Interview Question – Resume clarification and what-if scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will low ball you but overall they underpay in general. Do not accept first offer.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!