Bank of America Banking Center Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhatten, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Manhatten, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I got an email me taking an assessment then another one following that. A few days later a recruiter called me- we set up a phone interview for the next day. Then i had an interview with the market manager a few days later. Following that, was an interview with the banking center manager and then finally i had an interview with the business operations manager. A recruiter contacted me the same day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you develop and coach your employees? How would you rank these three important facors: Customer Service, Operations, Sales? A   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

From start to finish, it was a long process, but worth wild. First it starts with the typical assessment that takes about 30-45mins to do. After passing that, you will received an email from a recruiter letting you know to take the 2nd phase assessment which is the leadership simulation. After passing that, you will received another email from the recruiter to schedule an hour phone interview with them. After passing that, they will schedule a hour interview with the Market Manager (District Manager). Then your information will be forward to the Business Operations Manager and you will have a 30min phone interview with him. After passing that, another recruiter will reach out to you and do a phone interview with you. After the interview they report back to the Market Manager and make a decision.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer and I came into your branch, saw you were short staffed with only a couple tellers, but yet another financial institution down the street was fully staffed and had many tellers, how would you explain this to me?   Answer Question
    • If I were a customer and I read something about Bank of America in the newspaper or online, how would you explain things to me if I felt uneasy about what I read?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are pretty stuck in their ways of each position should be paid out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Saturday and received an email instructing me to take the management assessment Monday morning. Received an email instructing me to take the coaching role play on Tuesday and was setup with a phone interview later that week with the recruiter. Overall, I interviewed with 3 different banking centers, being hired in on the third one (the first two were inside promotions). Whole process took 2.5 months start to finish but it was worth it. My recruiter was great and kept pushing me to interview with other locations. Great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult employee in your current job?   1 Answer
    • Coaching role play with a teller who has been performing low in certain areas and improving in others.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate anything as I was offered what I wanted. Though I came from a different industry and I didn't want to push my luck even though I knew I was getting the position.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Springfield, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was interesting. It begins with the application, then a 90 minute online interactive assessment, followed by two phone interviews with two different recruiters before an in-person interview is set up. You then interview with a banking center manager, and on another date, the district marketing manager if you make it though the banking center manager. I spoke with 6-7 people overall between phone screenings and one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• One thing they had me do that was a little different, was have me do a role play with a mildly combatant teller who had been making mistakes with customer accounts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy, Manager was very approachable. Great communication, received an email notification stating job offer was denied, but my resume would be kept for future job opportunities with the bank. Interview process was short.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with difficult scenario and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Banking Center Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online 1 month later emailed to take personality assessment. Passed then asked to take online management situational assessment. Contacted the next day to set up phone interview w/recruiter. She asked salary requirements and past employment questions. After that set up with panel interview with branch manager and 2 regional managers.

Banking Center Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

You first fill out application online.take an assessment test, then meet with the market manager, then if you are like you move on to interviewing with the banking center manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was.great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Application submitted and within few days contact made, interview set up and follow up within a few days. There was a phone interview with the recruiter, one computer test that if passed would trigger invite to a longer leader test, if this was passed you interview with the branch manager and also will have an in person or phone interview with Market Executive(s)

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview

The process varies wildly depending on the managers you interview with. This review is based on the perspective of an internal applicant. The first step is pass 2 computer based assessments, the first is a personality test, the other is an assessment of your ability to manage a team. The second step is an interview with the banking center manager, and finally is an interview with the consumer market manager. At any point in this process you may be cut, with or without an explanation of why. If you are hired you will be contacted by the recruiter assigned to the position who will make a position and salary offer. There is room to negotiate, so I definitely recommend it. Additionally, this position requires a squeaky clean background check, as is the case with most other positions with Bank of America.

Interview Questions

• Describe specific leadership experiences that apply to the financial sector. How will this experience help you in the new role? How do you motivate others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer was competitive but I was able to negotiate a higher starting salary.

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Bank of America definitely takes their hiring process very serious and be prepared for an extensive process. I will say it is worth it in the end! It begins with the initial application. Then there is the initial assessment which is the general personality type test. If you pass, then there is the live environment coaching simulations. There is 24 hours between each assessment. If you pass this then there is an initial screening with a recruiter who asks pay etc and then sets up an interview with a recruiter who only handles leadership/manager interviews, about a week between the interviews. After this interview you are generally interviewed by the Market Manager (Area manager), but since my market manager was on vacation I was interviewed by the BCM. The BCM (branch manager) interviewed me and I believed I did well and was referred to the the Market Manager, once again a week between the interviews. The Market Manager interviewed me and then a week later an interview with the Performance Manager of the branches. Three days later I was called with an offer. I was given the pay I requested after much negotation, which wasn't an easy process. The process overall was 1.5-2 months long.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you for this job given your lack of background in this field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very difficult. They don't want to negotiate. In the end I got what I asked for, but after a very tough negotiation. THEY HAVE TO WANT YOU TO GIVE YOU THE PAY YOU TRULY WANT-at least in my opinion. **Please note that the background check for this industry is very extensive**