Bank of America

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Assistant Banking Center Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process varies wildly depending on the managers you interview with. This review is based on the perspective of an internal applicant. The first step is pass 2 computer based assessments, the first is a personality test, the other is an assessment of your ability to manage a team. The second step is an interview with the banking center manager, and finally is an interview with the consumer market manager. At any point in this process you may be cut, with or without an explanation of why. If you are hired you will be contacted by the recruiter assigned to the position who will make a position and salary offer. There is room to negotiate, so I definitely recommend it.

Additionally, this position requires a squeaky clean background check, as is the case with most other positions with Bank of America.

Interview Question – Describe specific leadership experiences that apply to the financial sector. How will this experience help you in the new role? How do you motivate others?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Original offer was competitive but I was able to negotiate a higher starting salary.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

Interview Details – My hiring process was different from others from what I've seen. The only time I interviewed was for a teller position. I applied online and was contacted by someone in Ohio. They were really nice and then sent me to my future banking center. The assistant manager was late to the interview and only had 2 questions to ask. Once hired i've been promoted three times and transferred, with pay increases, to two other banking centers none had additional processes.

Interview Question – Sell me a product...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is none they tell you how much you'll make.

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Assistant Banking Center Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Bank of America definitely takes their hiring process very serious and be prepared for an extensive process. I will say it is worth it in the end!

It begins with the initial application. Then there is the initial assessment which is the general personality type test. If you pass, then there is the live environment coaching simulations. There is 24 hours between each assessment. If you pass this then there is an initial screening with a recruiter who asks pay etc and then sets up an interview with a recruiter who only handles leadership/manager interviews, about a week between the interviews. After this interview you are generally interviewed by the Market Manager (Area manager), but since my market manager was on vacation I was interviewed by the BCM. The BCM (branch manager) interviewed me and I believed I did well and was referred to the the Market Manager, once again a week between the interviews. The Market Manager interviewed me and then a week later an interview with the Performance Manager of the branches. Three days later I was called with an offer. I was given the pay I requested after much negotation, which wasn't an easy process. The process overall was 1.5-2 months long.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you for this job given your lack of background in this field?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very difficult. They don't want to negotiate. In the end I got what I asked for, but after a very tough negotiation. THEY HAVE TO WANT YOU TO GIVE YOU THE PAY YOU TRULY WANT-at least in my opinion.

**Please note that the background check for this industry is very extensive**

Riverside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very informal, will ask behavioral questions such as what would you do if you had to deal with a difficult coworker

Interview Question – The questions are pretty random, there really is no difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiations

Banking Center Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was ask to review my resume. From there they ask me a lot scenerio question and to follow up with real life examples. the recruiter sent me a couple of heads up question that help me prepare some answers.

Interview Question – why bank of america   Answer Question

Banking Center Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Updated Bank of America Career profile, within two days I was contacted by the recruiter informing me that I didn't apply for any open positions. So, she asked me what I was looking for and advised of an availability. I went through a series of phone interviews/screenings, assessments, in person interviews with Consumer Market Managers, BCM's and an Area Executive.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very easy....

Banking Center Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and a BCM phone interview. Haven't heard the results, learned that I didn't get it from the career website. The questions were regarding your experience in coaching and sales.

Banking Center Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Initial contact is through recruiter who passes info on to hiring manager. Phone interview, then in-person with hiring manager and 1 other banking center manager. Interview was relaxed and both managers were very friendly. Interviewed in a banking center office.

Interview Question – What have you done in your career to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation room.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Very pleasant. Two assessments taken regarding personality and possible situations. Interviewed with banking center manager and two "regional" managers. The process took all of 2 weeks. Negotiation of salary was an option, but I was offered more than I was expecting. Great company to work for with a very solid work/life balance. If you are willing to put the time in, the company will notice.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you made a poor decision at work and how was it handled/ what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was more than I expected.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email stating that I made it to the next step of the hiring process. The next step was an assessment part which took about an hour asking me personality questions. After about a week I received another email from a recruiter explaining I made it to the next round and needed to take a coaching simulation . After passing the coaching simulation which are video senerios where you coach your employees in different situations. I did a phone interview with the recruiter who asks you about your background and asks you situational questions. After completing that I had a 1:1 with my branch manager.

Negotiation Details – Stick your guns! explain i details your accomplishments and not what u"can" do but what you will do. Do research and research not only your position but the area and clientele.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!