Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America (Greenville, SC).

Interview

This was an internal promotion. The bank can be slow to respond and make decisions. You typically start with an online assessment then a telephone interview. And finally one or more 1 on 1 interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Everything was good until the in-person interview, which was very unorganized. I submitted my application, and got responded to 2 weeks later to take an assessment. I took it right away (fill in the bubbles), and 1 week later I got a response to take a 2nd assessment. I took that one right away too, and it was a noticeably more difficult situation/scenario assessment, kind of like a WWYD setting. I got a response about a week later to schedule a call with the recruiter. Got the call, was asked a few questions like "why do you want to work for us", nothing unusual. Then I was scheduled to meet with the Market Manager a week later. The instructions said to take my resume with me and dress in a suit & tie. I went to the interview the following week, and met with both the Market Manager and a fellow Banking Center Manager. Contrary to the recruiter's instructions, they didn't want my resume due to having printed out papers about me. The BCM thought I was applying for a Personal Banker position, which was why the BCM was there to begin with. Even when that was clarified, the BCM still assisted the Market Manager in the interview process. She should have left the room. The interview took a good hour, with lots of personal questions and nothing to do with my relevant banking experience. They literally wrote an essay of comments of every answer I made. They wanted to know about my personal life, which is definitely not what I expected. Questions asked were why I chose banking, and what do my parents do. It was very strange. Two weeks later I got an email saying they denied me the position. 1st, why say to take a resume when they didn't need one? 2nd, why did they not know ahead of time which position I was applying to? 3rd, who gets interviewed by their potential equal/coworker? So much for all of that in-interview writing.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is under-performing?   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Did online assessment , a week later received a call from a recruiter . Did a phone interview with the recruiter and then was scheduled to interview with the regional manager. interviewed with two Regional managers and received an offer the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was able to negotiate salary with recruiter

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

From reading other people's experience mine was very unique. I am a veteran from the military as well so that may be the reason why. Here is my experience. I applied online and was contacted by a military veteran recruiter via email. I was sent links to conduct 2 different scenario based simulations. From there I was conducted again via email by the same recruiter. I had a telephone interview first. I then was scheduled a phone interview with the area manager and after that the final interview was with the area executive. Each interview was one on one and via telephone. I was finally contacted and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• My biggest advice is to ensure that discuss how you are able to coach and lead teams successfully. Ensure you are customer focused and able to relate real life experiences. Sales experience is huge, even if you do not have retail sales, there are other areas that people gain selling experience that can relate - like pitching new ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation, they offered exactly what I was looking for.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Interview

Very detailed, open ended questions, interactive, goals, customer service and engagement. How goals were achieved, how effective are you in overcoming objections. Behavioral questions were asked. All these questions are asked during interview with Consumer Market Management, but previous to that the recruiter would interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Passed an initial assessment. No phone interview. Got a personal interview about a week later with the recruiter and market manager. The recruiter is a tool. Interviewed with 2 other candidates, then we each had a 1 on 1 with the market manager. No offer.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Most often hired from within, so market leadership has a strong idea of candidates abilities and experiences.

Interview Questions

• Skills practice or role playing scenarios should be expected at every phase of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a lot of room for negotiation, but there will be a small window so ask ($2,000-5,000)

Banking Center Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter, if you are what the recruiter is looking for he sends you a link for an assessment which has about 200 questions. After completing online assessment you then move on to interview with the Market Manager which will involve the Regional Manager popping in to ask a couple of questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was a little tricky because they didn't want to pay me what I felt I should receive. After a couple of weeks they moved closer to what I wanted however they were still short by $2000.00.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online in their careers section. 2 days later, I received an email to take an online personality test. After completing that, I received another email to take an hour long banking situation assessment test. 2 days later, I received a phone call from an HR Associate to get my basic background information. 3 days later, I received a phone call from the local recruiter who asked more detailed information on my resume and discussed the position requirements. 5 days later, I had a phone interview with the Consumer Market Manager. She gave situational questions and how I would react in those situations. Interview lasted 40 minutes. Waited one week before I called the recruiter to ask for an update.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would work with a personal banker who wasn't making goal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on line and did the online assessment, then contacted me by HR within 3 days, I've passed the phone screening and assigned for face to face interview with branch manager, I did the interview it was very typical ... They told me will be back to me within 2 weeks ... It been month and I didn't hear from them !?!

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected ... Talk about your self , sales skills and customer relation questions   Answer Question