Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA
Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in December 2009.

1st -Screening phone interview
2nd- Online skills assessment test
3rd - 1 hour phone interview with HR recruiter
4th - Online Coaching skills assessment test
5th - Interview with district manager & assistant

Bof A seems to be all about them without much importance placed on work/home balance. I feel age & length of time in banking(possible old school mentality) was used as a negative against my qualifications. I am glad I was not offered a position - not the right atmosphere for me.

Interview Questions
  • If I called you former boss - what would he/she say you needed to improve.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2009.

The process was very straight forward. There was an initial phone screening, followed by an online test. There was then an interview with 2 recruiters and some customer simulations. That interview was followed by an interview with the executive, and then an offer about a week later. It was a very professional environment and experience, definitely a suit and tie process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to work through an issue involving different cultures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied for this position online at Bankofamerica.com/careers. Was contacted within a few days for a phone screen. Post phone screen I had an additional phone interview to do a coaching role play with the recruiter. The in person interview was a split panel interview where I was interviewed by SVP and VP level executives of the Market I applied for, the total interview time for the panel was close to three hours.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any questions I was unprepared for or that came as unexpected.   Answer Question
    Negotiate salary, benefits and officer title.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2009.

Interview with recruiter - Interview with Market and Area manager

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to demonstrate your coaching ability   View Answer
    I said what I wanted and they agreed

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

After applying online I was immediately contacted via e-mail to take an assessment. The assessment was a basic personality test. Shortly after the assessment I was contacted via telephone by a recruiter and asked to take a second assessment and was told that I would be moved onto a phone interview following completion and a passing score. The Assessment consists of managerial situations and asks you to answer certain scenarios with how you would handle the situation at hand. Within one day I received a phone call for a phone interview. Phone interview took about 40 minutes. It was a basic walk through of my resume and a learning session on Bank of America's values. Did not hear anything back. DON'T GIVE UP E-MAIL THE RECRUITER!!! 1 week after not receiving a call I e-mailed the recruiter to reaffirm my interest in the position. I was called within 3 hours and was asked to interview with the Consumer Market Manager. In person interview lasted approx. 90 minutes. Was assured that I would received a phone call after the interview. Recruiter contacted me immediately after to verify my background check information (ASI) and to have me interview one more time. Had the final interview the following day. Took 1 week to receive a call with an offer from the company. Offer is contingent on a criminal background check. NOTE: The recruiter will go over your ASI with you - DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES. If you hide employment/education history they will find out and it will lengthen the entire process. In a company as competitive as BOFA I would be VERY proactive in following up with every person you interview with.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle being given a branch that is underperforming?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Applied online in their careers section. 2 days later, I received an email to take an online personality test. After completing that, I received another email to take an hour long banking situation assessment test. 2 days later, I received a phone call from an HR Associate to get my basic background information. 3 days later, I received a phone call from the local recruiter who asked more detailed information on my resume and discussed the position requirements. 5 days later, I had a phone interview with the Consumer Market Manager. She gave situational questions and how I would react in those situations. Interview lasted 40 minutes. Waited one week before I called the recruiter to ask for an update.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would work with a personal banker who wasn't making goal.   View Answer

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

From reading other people's experience mine was very unique. I am a veteran from the military as well so that may be the reason why. Here is my experience. I applied online and was contacted by a military veteran recruiter via email. I was sent links to conduct 2 different scenario based simulations. From there I was conducted again via email by the same recruiter. I had a telephone interview first. I then was scheduled a phone interview with the area manager and after that the final interview was with the area executive. Each interview was one on one and via telephone. I was finally contacted and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • My biggest advice is to ensure that discuss how you are able to coach and lead teams successfully. Ensure you are customer focused and able to relate real life experiences. Sales experience is huge, even if you do not have retail sales, there are other areas that people gain selling experience that can relate - like pitching new ideas.   Answer Question
    There was really no negotiation, they offered exactly what I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Passed an initial assessment. No phone interview. Got a personal interview about a week later with the recruiter and market manager. The recruiter is a tool. Interviewed with 2 other candidates, then we each had a 1 on 1 with the market manager. No offer.

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Did online assessment , a week later received a call from a recruiter . Did a phone interview with the recruiter and then was scheduled to interview with the regional manager. interviewed with two Regional managers and received an offer the next day

Interview Questions
    was able to negotiate salary with recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

This was an internal promotion. The bank can be slow to respond and make decisions. You typically start with an online assessment then a telephone interview. And finally one or more 1 on 1 interviews.