Bank of America

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2009.

Interview Details – straight forward, they use a structured interview, be very specific, they are looking for situation, task, actions and results, the more you stick to that format in your answers the better you will do

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, take it or leave it

Banking Center Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Had my call with HR and set and interview with the regional team (3 market managers). Offered a job within two weeks and went through the manager training program.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Online assessment was the first step, followed by an in person meeting with the area executive.

Interview Question – Typical questions pertaining to management style.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Very long interview process, one phone interview and two follow up interviews. Discussed previous work experiences, interviewed with four different high ranking individuals in the company.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Bethlehem, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Applied for this position online at Bankofamerica.com/careers. Was contacted within a few days for a phone screen. Post phone screen I had an additional phone interview to do a coaching role play with the recruiter. The in person interview was a split panel interview where I was interviewed by SVP and VP level executives of the Market I applied for, the total interview time for the panel was close to three hours.

Interview Question – There were not any questions I was unprepared for or that came as unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate salary, benefits and officer title.

Uvalde, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – HR Recruiter sent email to complete assessment. Within 24 hours, recruiter called to be sure I received assessment and to complete ASAP. I completed it within 24hrs and she called me the next day and told me their was another one to complete which was interactive based upon real scenarios of the banking position. She said I would have to pass assessment as well to move on to the next step. I passed both and I received an telephone call from recruiter to schedule an phone interview the next day. She said she wanted to schedule second interviews within 48 hours. I interviewed with her and she asked me behavioral questions. She told me she wanted to schedule me for an interview with the bank director. She told me a 2pm slot was available on Wednesday. I took this slot. She said she would get back with me either way to give me feedback after the interview. The interview was going well I thought, but I think he was disturbed because I pointed out a techinque that was not being used in making the branch more profitable. I believe he was offended by it. I asked him when he was making a decision. He said after the holidays. The recruiter called me a hour later and left a message that she wanted my feedback on the interview. I called and she did not answer and I left a message which she never returned. She never called me to give me the feedback two days later as well.

Interview Question – What would you do to turn around the sales team to make the branch more profitable.   Answer Question

Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through the BofA careers site.

About a week later I received a system-generated email with a link to a personality test. I followed the link and took the test. I have taken these types of tests before and they say to always just be honest. They really can tell if you are not being truthful. I answered honestly and apparently passed, as I received an email the same day with a link to an online Management Assessment.

The online management assessment test was pretty straightforward. They give you scenarios where you have to deal with employees not getting along or not meeting quotas. You have 5 multiple choice options for each scenario. You pick what you believe is the best and what you believe is the worst option for each. The scenario continues on based on your response for about 5 questions (kind of like a 'choose your own adventure' book). There are about 5 of these scenarios, so probably around 25 total questions. Again, I think I did well because I received a call from a recruiter that same day. (This was my first human contact with them)

The recruiter invited me to come to an in-person hiring event. The event took place at the 2nd floor of one of their branch offices. It was scheduled to start at 10 am, but they did not begin letting us in until around 10:15. Most of us had arrived a few minutes early, so we were left waiting outside in the cold for about 30 minutes. There was no coffee or water offered.

There were too many people crammed into the little room, as they were hiring for all positions, from teller to sales to management here. They were signing in everybody and reviewing qualifications as we entered, so it took about 25 minutes just to get us all in the room. When we finally got started they spent 15-20 minutes going over basic information that is readily available on the BofA careers site that any prospective employee should already be aware of. They then spit us into separate rooms, based on which jobs we were applying for.

Our room for management applicants contained 7 applicants and 2 local area branch managers to conduct a group interview. 4 of the 7 applicants already worked for the company. They did not ask us any questions, but just asked us to get up in front the group and tell them about ourselves and our experience. There was no prep time given. I went first and gave a summary of my work history, followed by all of the other candidates. The 4 that were already with BofA continually name-dropped various managers in the region and people that the interviewers knew. After we all spoke they gave us a 15 minute break. When we returned they stated which 4 people would be staying. To none of our surprise, the 4 people already with the company were the 4 asked to stay and continue.

In speaking with the others as we left, we all felt that we never really had a chance, considering that the 4 internal hires were already recommended by various branch managers in the region. This was a complete waste of time. I don't have an issue with an initial group interview, but this was handled poorly. Including internal candidates with outside candidates in this scenario makes no sense.

All-in-all a poor experience.

Interview Question – No real questions. Just 5 minutes of time to stand in front of a group and speak about ourselves and our experience.   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2011.

Interview Details – I went online took assessement for position. I was called a couple weeks later to have a phone interview. I answered all questions thoroughly. By the end of the interview the interviewer told me that I would be a great fit for an Assistant Center Manager instead. She told me as soon as one comes available apply for it and call back. So a position finally came up and I did as I was told. I called and emailed the lady and recieved no response. Finally a recruiter responded and told me to wait the normal process and see if Im selected, which I was not.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation where you didnt agree with your boss?   View Answer

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was a standard interview that asked questions about the background and the different types of experience that I had. Used the situation, task, action and result formula to walk through the process. They asked questions about background, skills and abilities.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2011.

Interview Details – veery long had to take a test