Bank of America

2.8

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

The recruiter contacted me and then asked me questions about my background and experience. Then asked me to take one assessment. AFter the first ph call interview asked me to take a second assessment. The assessment were not hard you just have to think hard to avoid making any erros.

Interview Questions
  • Can I work with the salary they offered me?   View Answer
  • Have you thought of a specific goal in your career?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Bank Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Took a long time. Interviewed with 4 people and was offered a position a month later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lake Tahoe, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lake Tahoe, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in December 2009.

1st -Screening phone interview
    2nd- Online skills assessment test
    3rd - 1 hour phone interview with HR recruiter
    4th - Online Coaching skills assessment test
    5th - Interview with district manager & assistant

Bof A seems to be all about them without much importance placed on work/home balance. I feel age & length of time in banking(possible old school mentality) was used as a negative against my qualifications. I am glad I was not offered a position - not the right atmosphere for me.

Interview Questions
    • If I called you former boss - what would he/she say you needed to improve.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2009.

straight forward, they use a structured interview, be very specific, they are looking for situation, task, actions and results, the more you stick to that format in your answers the better you will do

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2009.

I was contacted by a recruiter and went through two quick phone interviews. One week later I was asked to take a personality test. After that I was asked to take a skills assessment test. Then I was asked to provide information for a background check. THEN (one week later) I was set up with a 1 on 1 interview. The interview/test/background check process took quite a long time. I was looking for other jobs at the same time and the interviewer asked me about that. I waited on B of A for 4 1/2 weeks...of course I am going to pursue other options!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2009.

They called and I came for job interview. They asked many questions and I answered honestly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2009.

Interview with recruiter - Interview with Market and Area manager

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to demonstrate your coaching ability   View Answer
    I said what I wanted and they agreed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2009.

The initial contact came with a posting for the position. I applied and had to wait 3 weeks for any type of response. Then I received a call from an HR recruiter and went through a phone screening. He stated he would get back to me in a week.

Then he called me back a week later and stated that he was sending me a email that needed to be completed for the background check and I had to fax a signed release form to B of A Corp. Security department. He sent an addition link to a Personality Test. It had approx 220 question which had to be answered in 30-45 min.

I had completed the same procedures last year in Sept 2008 when I had applied for a similiar position. The position at that time was closed out due to the economic climate at the time. I asked if I had to complete it again and was told yes. So I completed it all over again.

Once this was complete I was called in to meet with the HR recruiiter and complete a roleplay scenario which took approx 30 min. This role play was centered around an coaching a nonperforming employee. During this roleplay a Market Leader called into the HR and listened in on the roleplay. I assume to provide feedback to HR. I was told they had other candidates that needed to be reviewed and that they would contact me.

They called 2 days later and was scheduled to meet with the market executive for an inperson interview. I went to the interview and it was a panel interview. They asked about my resume and experiences. Specific questions were "Tell us about yourself?" "What type of leader are you?" "What get you up in the morning?" What is your typical day like?". Then I was asked to roleplay again. Again it was about a nonperforming employee scenario who was not making their sales goals for the month. (It seems to me that they must have a lot of nonperforming employees or the goals are set so high that not many employees achieve them). They then asked if I was a fluent Spanish speaker and when I responded that I am not fluent in Spanish but that I knew enough to keep employees and customers in line.(the position did not require Spanish) The interview pretty much ended. The asked me if i had any questions and I responded "no" as they had already been answered. They thanked me for my time.

I did not hear anything for a week so I contact the HR rep. He got back to me 5 day after that to tell me that the position had been filled with an internal candidate. (It seemed to me that it was a waste of time for all if they already had an internal candidate.)

Interview Questions
    • What was my typical day like working for my past employer?   View Answer
    • Was I fluent in Spanish?   View Answer

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Phone interview with recruiter, online tests, followed by an in person interview with CME. They are big on role playing during the interview and if you are a spontaneous person you will have a good interview. A lot of situational scenarios role play. People skills ect.

Interview Questions
    • It was not a behavior interview. The interviewer asks you to role play with them and provides different and rather vague situation scenarios. i.e. to motivate a difficult yet a high performing banker who had no sales for the past few days who however has made all their goals in the past.   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Online process, recruiter calls for a phone interview and then interview with immediate manager and others on leadership team