Bank of America

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2009.

Interview Details – They called and I came for job interview. They asked many questions and I answered honestly.

Interview Question – How are you?   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by recruiter who did phone interview. Next interview was with 2 District Managers and then with Market Executive.

Interview Question – Tell me about a diffucult employee situation you had to manage   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Benefits don't start for 90 Days. This will be a hinderance of acquiring good talent and this is resolved

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter contacted me and then asked me questions about my background and experience. Then asked me to take one assessment. AFter the first ph call interview asked me to take a second assessment. The assessment were not hard you just have to think hard to avoid making any erros.

Interview Questions

• Can I work with the salary they offered me?   View Answer
  • Have you thought of a specific goal in your career?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

South Lake Tahoe, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2009.

Interview Details – 1st -Screening phone interview
2nd- Online skills assessment test
3rd - 1 hour phone interview with HR recruiter
4th - Online Coaching skills assessment test
5th - Interview with district manager & assistant

Bof A seems to be all about them without much importance placed on work/home balance. I feel age & length of time in banking(possible old school mentality) was used as a negative against my qualifications. I am glad I was not offered a position - not the right atmosphere for me.

Interview Question – If I called you former boss - what would he/she say you needed to improve.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and went through two quick phone interviews. One week later I was asked to take a personality test. After that I was asked to take a skills assessment test. Then I was asked to provide information for a background check. THEN (one week later) I was set up with a 1 on 1 interview. The interview/test/background check process took quite a long time. I was looking for other jobs at the same time and the interviewer asked me about that. I waited on B of A for 4 1/2 weeks...of course I am going to pursue other options!

Interview Question – Typical interview questions...   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2009.

Interview Details – The initial contact came with a posting for the position. I applied and had to wait 3 weeks for any type of response. Then I received a call from an HR recruiter and went through a phone screening. He stated he would get back to me in a week.

Then he called me back a week later and stated that he was sending me a email that needed to be completed for the background check and I had to fax a signed release form to B of A Corp. Security department. He sent an addition link to a Personality Test. It had approx 220 question which had to be answered in 30-45 min.

I had completed the same procedures last year in Sept 2008 when I had applied for a similiar position. The position at that time was closed out due to the economic climate at the time. I asked if I had to complete it again and was told yes. So I completed it all over again.

Once this was complete I was called in to meet with the HR recruiiter and complete a roleplay scenario which took approx 30 min. This role play was centered around an coaching a nonperforming employee. During this roleplay a Market Leader called into the HR and listened in on the roleplay. I assume to provide feedback to HR. I was told they had other candidates that needed to be reviewed and that they would contact me.

They called 2 days later and was scheduled to meet with the market executive for an inperson interview. I went to the interview and it was a panel interview. They asked about my resume and experiences. Specific questions were "Tell us about yourself?" "What type of leader are you?" "What get you up in the morning?" What is your typical day like?". Then I was asked to roleplay again. Again it was about a nonperforming employee scenario who was not making their sales goals for the month. (It seems to me that they must have a lot of nonperforming employees or the goals are set so high that not many employees achieve them). They then asked if I was a fluent Spanish speaker and when I responded that I am not fluent in Spanish but that I knew enough to keep employees and customers in line.(the position did not require Spanish) The interview pretty much ended. The asked me if i had any questions and I responded "no" as they had already been answered. They thanked me for my time.

I did not hear anything for a week so I contact the HR rep. He got back to me 5 day after that to tell me that the position had been filled with an internal candidate. (It seemed to me that it was a waste of time for all if they already had an internal candidate.)

Interview Questions

Banking Center Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2012.

Interview Details – Bank of America has a long interview process that was extremely tedious and not very pleasant as a candidate. The process consisted of two online assessments (personality test and situational coaching skills), a telephone interview with the area recruiter, a panel interview with two Banking Center Managers, and a final interview with the District Manager. Everyone I encountered seemed pleasant and professional, with the exception of the District Manager who made a cutting comment about an industry competitor (I never view this as professional behavior) and described her team as "cult-like" in their devotion to Bank of America, which was a bit off-putting. Their culture is clearly sales focused, but seems less strategic and entrepreneurial than other organizations. Interview questions were mostly focused on how to coach underperforming employees and document performance issues. I did sense that customer satisfaction holds high importance and that the Banking Center Managers have high accountability for sales and service performance.

The process was long (6+ weeks) and they complete background screening (credit, criminal, employment, and educations checks) prior to the in-person interviews, not as part of a pre-employment offer, which I found to be a little invasive and odd. Prior to receiving notification that I was not selected for the role, I had already concluded that this would not be a good fit for me. After investing so much time on assessment and interviews (5 hours total) it would have been nice to receive a personal call or feedback from the recruiter (which he had promised), but I find that most recruiters fail to follow-up and I generally have lowered expectations based on my experiences.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, online tests, followed by an in person interview with CME. They are big on role playing during the interview and if you are a spontaneous person you will have a good interview. A lot of situational scenarios role play. People skills ect.

Interview Question – It was not a behavior interview. The interviewer asks you to role play with them and provides different and rather vague situation scenarios. i.e. to motivate a difficult yet a high performing banker who had no sales for the past few days who however has made all their goals in the past.   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Online process, recruiter calls for a phone interview and then interview with immediate manager and others on leadership team

Negotiation Details –

Banking Center Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Interview started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then online assessment. Next was an in person interview with two region VPs. After that I was interviewed on the phone by the Regional President. Everyone I dealt with was very professional, upbeat, and upfront. Each interview I asked the question, "do you think I am the type of person you are looking for for the position?" and everyone responded "Yes!" and laid out the next steps. I always knew what was coming next and what the time frame was. Again, the whole process was professional.

Interview Question – No question was either difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter told me what the salary base range was (not a big spread) and they offered me just shy of the top, so I didn't need to negotiate.