Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.8

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then online assessment. Next was an in person interview with two region VPs. After that I was interviewed on the phone by the Regional President. Everyone I dealt with was very professional, upbeat, and upfront. Each interview I asked the question, "do you think I am the type of person you are looking for for the position?" and everyone responded "Yes!" and laid out the next steps. I always knew what was coming next and what the time frame was. Again, the whole process was professional.

Interview Questions
The recruiter told me what the salary base range was (not a big spread) and they offered me just shy of the top, so I didn't need to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

I had a phone interview on 7/6 with HR VP that went very well. We talked for an Hour, about the position, my experience relative to the position, salary, and other personal information. Since, I have received numerous email communication from the HR VP, even on Sunday. Overall, I fell the interview was quite encouraging and I look forward to speaking with the hiring manager tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • It went great. I am a seasoned manager at another financial institution and I felt very comfortable with questions asked of me.   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2008.

Behavioral based question interview for the 1:1 interview. Scenario based interviews and background information on the phone. Had to complete a personality test and a skills test online to make it to the 1:1 interview. Had to complete a coaching role play scenario with recruiter to see how you would coach a difficult associate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to manage a difficult situation and the advice you gave was wrong. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your team was disconnected and unengaged and you had a deadline to meet. How did you get the team engaged in a motivational type way?   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

There was a great interview process

Banking Center Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2010.

they ask me my previous internship experience in the other bank, and also some behavioral questions.

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2009.

The process was very straight forward. There was an initial phone screening, followed by an online test. There was then an interview with 2 recruiters and some customer simulations. That interview was followed by an interview with the executive, and then an offer about a week later. It was a very professional environment and experience, definitely a suit and tie process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to work through an issue involving different cultures.   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

The initial interaction with the recruiter was by phone, she was very clear regarding the process which was great, as there were then no surprises or anxiety on my part. She kept to her timelines regarding the next steps which included an assessment and background check. the background check was done prior to interviewing with one of the hiring managers, which was great as that was out of the way in advance. I met with two different people, both of whom were exceptional in their manner, courteous and easy to speak to which made the process less stressful and increased my desire to work for the company. Additionally, the recruiter showed genuine interest in my view of the interview overall and asked for immediate feedback which I was happy to give. I was offered the position within a week of the 2nd interview.
    As a potential manager candidate it is a good idea to know the main values of the company, know the demographic area and be primarily interested in developing and coaching employees to success. The company values its employees and it was clear in speaking with all of those involved in the hiring process that they enjoy working for BofA and are proud to call it their place of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Haven't I been told in the past that I am over qualified for positions, how do I feel about it.   View Answer
    $70,000 with a VP title. The recruiter was willing to ask for a higher salary than what is normally offered for that position because I was able to give references and had documented proof of previous success in the role.

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2011.

interactive computer based situational assessment with 6 answers. You chose the best and worse answer for each scenario; situation: you overheard a personal banker giving the wrong information to a client and you stepped in explaining to the client that we did indeed have the particular product that the client was looking or the PB was upset for making them look foolish. situation: based on time off policy and an employee forgot to ask for the time off in advance, another PB already had requested the same day off two weeks earlier and you would be without a PB for the day. The employee that forgot to ask for the time off in advance is requesting the time off based on a religious holiday for his faith.

Interview Questions
    • situational: employee giving out wrong information to the customer   Answer Question
    • situational: employee did not follow the time off policy and is requesting time off at the last minute based on religious holiday   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2009.

Your not sure what they want from you or how to go about answering some of the questions they ask.

Banking Center Manager Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2011.

Did assessment test and did great. Phone interviewed went well and she said I did great. A month later got email that there were other more qualified. I have 20 years experience as a finance manager