Bank of America Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

You have to go through three interviews: group interview, manager interview and if you make it than an interview with the market manager. It was lengthy and time consuming. Before you even get called for an interview you have to do online testing for your personality, skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest point? Weakest? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you change about yourself?   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Everett, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 3 days later invited to an open house aka group interview through an email by the recruiter for the bank. Over 50 people already waiting when i arrived (scheduled time) with more arriving as i signed in. Branch managers come and pick a group of people. They ask you basic questions, role play (please pratice), dress very nice, and be confident.

Interview Questions

• Why boa? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would you handle a difficult coworker? Tell me your biggest accomplishments? What goals have you set ? Tell me about yourself? Sell me this pen? (When u sell the pen ask the mgr questions lk what is Your lifestyle like and then tell them why that pen could benefit them. They used a random pen to see how you sell. ) You will answer infront of others. Like minimum 2 people some groups had more folks.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Smooth, HR was clear and very engaging. It took 30 minutes and hiring manager has a great personality and clearly engaged me. I would recommend people to look at opportunities provided by Bank of America = More power to you.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage customer service   1 Answer

Other opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

they ask you to come in as a group interview first and you go and theirs 4 other people their with 4 managers. First they ask you why would you be a good fit for the job, how have you gone above and beyond for a previous client etc. Then at the end they will ask you to do a role play, and this is where you have to show you can sell!!!! You will be the teller and one of the managers will be a client. Everyone in the interview room is watching you sound very convincing. Then after each manager pulls out one candidate and you do the one on one. After that they call you to continue on for another one on one and if they call you you basically got it.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question was the role play   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The woman interviewing me was very nice. She asked me very basic questions. I never felt she was rushing through the interview. She told me she would let me know in a week and she did.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know why I wanted to work there. What my goals were, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Lexington, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

The phone interview with Bank of America was an interesting interview but somewhat difficult because I have no formal Banking Experience but I do have small business, accounting, tax and consulting experience being self employed within a family owned business. In addition, for the past 3 years, I have been teaching within the subject area of history and decided that this was not for me. As a result, I have been striving to enter into the Banking industry due to my self employment history in business. I realized during this phone interview that becoming a teller would be the perfect challenge that I would need to spear head my career to the next level. The next step if chosen will be the face-to-face interview which I will be informed of next week. Wish me good effort.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bank of America? What is your finance background?   1 Answer

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

You will submit an application via website and if they like your application a recruiter will e-mail any necessary assessments if they decide to proceed. If you pass the assessments the recruiter will do a phone interview with you and if they like you will set up an interview with who your direct manager would be. In some instances instead of interviewing with the direct manager they will do what is called a round table and you and a few others applying for the same position will interview with a bunch of managers looking to fill the same position. If a manager takes a liking to you they will offer you a position. Round tables are usually done for outside candidates, while one on one interviews are done for internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• Was currently employed as a Sales Specialist with the bank and was underperforming in my sales categories because I was filling in as the Teller Operations Specialist in her absence. Was asked, "Based on how low your current performance metrics are, why should we hire you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They make an offer and make it seem like there is to be no negotiation. However, if you tell them you were looking for a little more they will usually wiggle a little bit but nothing too substantial.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial screen, then interview with branch manager and area manager

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

handles duteis of closed out accounts

Interview Questions

• great opportunity, wish i could of stay with the company but i relocated to another state   Answer Question

Sale and Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I was already a teller, so the manager already knew me before the interview process. However, during the "round table" interview, I was interviewed by him as well as several higher-ups. They will ask some technical questions to gauge skill, but mostly they want to know how comfortable you are with people and whether or not you have energy and a naturally friendly personality. If you can think of a joke that relates (and doesn't insult banks), that will help show them you're outgoing and have good humor.

Interview Questions

• "When have you made a mistake, and what did you do to fix it?"   Answer Question
    • "What would you do if you had a disagreement with a co-worker or supervisor?"   Answer Question