Bank of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Teller Operations Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – You will submit an application via website and if they like your application a recruiter will e-mail any necessary assessments if they decide to proceed. If you pass the assessments the recruiter will do a phone interview with you and if they like you will set up an interview with who your direct manager would be. In some instances instead of interviewing with the direct manager they will do what is called a round table and you and a few others applying for the same position will interview with a bunch of managers looking to fill the same position. If a manager takes a liking to you they will offer you a position. Round tables are usually done for outside candidates, while one on one interviews are done for internal candidates.

Interview Question – Was currently employed as a Sales Specialist with the bank and was underperforming in my sales categories because I was filling in as the Teller Operations Specialist in her absence. Was asked, "Based on how low your current performance metrics are, why should we hire you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They make an offer and make it seem like there is to be no negotiation. However, if you tell them you were looking for a little more they will usually wiggle a little bit but nothing too substantial.

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Initial screen, then interview with branch manager and area manager

Interview Question – What motivate you to do the job on daily basis?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – handles duteis of closed out accounts

Interview Question – great opportunity, wish i could of stay with the company but i relocated to another state   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller Interview

Teller
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview & online process initially, then branch interview if I remember correctly. During the branch interview, we discussed, in general, my previous experience in the banking field & my resume. It was obvious she felt I was a good fit, & did not ask many questions past that other than availability/scheduling as I was more than qualified for a teller position.

Interview Question – I did not have one.   Answer Question

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Market Risk Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews (both with Managing Director) followed up with 2 one-on-one interviews (both with Managing Director)

Interview Question – What is expected shortfall?
What are the strengths and weaknesses of historical simulation, Monte-Carlo simulation, and Variance-Covariance method in VaR calculation?
  View Answer

Sale and Service Specialist Interview

Sale and Service Specialist
Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was already a teller, so the manager already knew me before the interview process. However, during the "round table" interview, I was interviewed by him as well as several higher-ups. They will ask some technical questions to gauge skill, but mostly they want to know how comfortable you are with people and whether or not you have energy and a naturally friendly personality. If you can think of a joke that relates (and doesn't insult banks), that will help show them you're outgoing and have good humor.

Interview Questions

• "When have you made a mistake, and what did you do to fix it?"   Answer Question
  • "What would you do if you had a disagreement with a co-worker or supervisor?"   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Interview Details – The on boarding and hiring was relatively painless. The hr department was on top of things.

Reason for Declining – It was low then I countered and I accepted

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Interview by Phone via California office recruiter, interview by manager, interview by peer
employees.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in this company in five year or in the future?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was limited chased by the recruiter.

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

Teller
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for an open teller position near my house. A few days later I got a call from a recruiter about a teller position but at a different location. The recruiter asked me a few basic questions about my past job that was sales related, and scheduled me for an interview in a bank branch. I'll be the first to admit i'm bad at interviewing, but this was a very easy experience. The manager was very nice, and easy to talk to. It went well, and I was pretty sure I would get the job. A few hours after I left I got a call back from the recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked very many questions, I was probably overqualified for an entry level teller position, so my job experience pretty much spoke for itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't really given an opportunity to negotiate. At one point I was told 13 an hour, and then was offered 12. I accepted 12, but looking back wish I had said something.

Compliance Officer Interview

Compliance Officer
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of myself an two other individuals. After a review of my resume they asked questions surrounding my past experiences.

Interview Question – I did not encounter any unusual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. I knew the details before hand.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.