Bank of America Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.9

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

You will submit an application via website and if they like your application a recruiter will e-mail any necessary assessments if they decide to proceed. If you pass the assessments the recruiter will do a phone interview with you and if they like you will set up an interview with who your direct manager would be. In some instances instead of interviewing with the direct manager they will do what is called a round table and you and a few others applying for the same position will interview with a bunch of managers looking to fill the same position. If a manager takes a liking to you they will offer you a position. Round tables are usually done for outside candidates, while one on one interviews are done for internal candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Was currently employed as a Sales Specialist with the bank and was underperforming in my sales categories because I was filling in as the Teller Operations Specialist in her absence. Was asked, "Based on how low your current performance metrics are, why should we hire you?"   View Answer
    They make an offer and make it seem like there is to be no negotiation. However, if you tell them you were looking for a little more they will usually wiggle a little bit but nothing too substantial.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Initial screen, then interview with branch manager and area manager

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

handles duteis of closed out accounts

Interview Questions
    • great opportunity, wish i could of stay with the company but i relocated to another state   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Phone interview & online process initially, then branch interview if I remember correctly. During the branch interview, we discussed, in general, my previous experience in the banking field & my resume. It was obvious she felt I was a good fit, & did not ask many questions past that other than availability/scheduling as I was more than qualified for a teller position.

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

2 phone interviews (both with Managing Director) followed up with 2 one-on-one interviews (both with Managing Director)

Interview Questions
    • What is expected shortfall?
      What are the strengths and weaknesses of historical simulation, Monte-Carlo simulation, and Variance-Covariance method in VaR calculation?
        View Answer

Sale and Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

I was already a teller, so the manager already knew me before the interview process. However, during the "round table" interview, I was interviewed by him as well as several higher-ups. They will ask some technical questions to gauge skill, but mostly they want to know how comfortable you are with people and whether or not you have energy and a naturally friendly personality. If you can think of a joke that relates (and doesn't insult banks), that will help show them you're outgoing and have good humor.

Interview Questions
    • "When have you made a mistake, and what did you do to fix it?"   Answer Question
    • "What would you do if you had a disagreement with a co-worker or supervisor?"   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

The on boarding and hiring was relatively painless. The hr department was on top of things.

It was low then I countered and I accepted

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview by Phone via California office recruiter, interview by manager, interview by peer
    employees.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in this company in five year or in the future?   View Answer
    Negotiation was limited chased by the recruiter.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied online for an open teller position near my house. A few days later I got a call from a recruiter about a teller position but at a different location. The recruiter asked me a few basic questions about my past job that was sales related, and scheduled me for an interview in a bank branch. I'll be the first to admit i'm bad at interviewing, but this was a very easy experience. The manager was very nice, and easy to talk to. It went well, and I was pretty sure I would get the job. A few hours after I left I got a call back from the recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't asked very many questions, I was probably overqualified for an entry level teller position, so my job experience pretty much spoke for itself.   Answer Question
    I wasn't really given an opportunity to negotiate. At one point I was told 13 an hour, and then was offered 12. I accepted 12, but looking back wish I had said something.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

The interview consisted of myself an two other individuals. After a review of my resume they asked questions surrounding my past experiences.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase. I knew the details before hand.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!