Bank of America

2.8

178 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2014.

The process took about two weeks. They initially scheduled a phone interview which was a mix of behavioral and standard technical questions. Heard back a week later for a super day, which was pretty standard, but slightly more technical than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Rank the market independence of the four primary valuation techniques, and give mathematical evidence behind each method.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I filled out an online application on 07/12/14. After the application was completed I received an email containing a link to take the pre-employment virtual bankers test. This is a 1 hour or so long test that includes person to person scenarios and basic banking account cross selling features. Once I completed the assessment I made the assumption I had passed because I received a call from a recruiter the next day. She asked me why I chose Bofa. She then scheduled a group interview for two weeks out. The group interview consisted of an open forum with 12 other prospective employees. The group interview consisted of one question to everyone telling a little bit about our background. After that it was an open forum in which questions were thrown out to everyone and it was our job to be pro active and answer them ourselves. After the three hour interview I went home and received a call from the recruiter stating I had an over the phone interview with the regional sales president for that market. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was the most intense and long phone interview I have ever done. All in all it went excellent as I received a call back 10 minutes after the interview offering me the position. I then had to submit my information for my fingerprints and background check. I was offered the job on 08/4/14 and got the all clear to work on 08/14/14. They even offered me a $1 more than what I requested. All in all the interview process was lengthy and they requested a lot of information but all the recruiters and interviewers were amazing. Very organized and professional. I was informed every step of the way. I cant wait to start working! If you have any questions about the process I am here to help!

Interview Questions
    • During my last phone interview I was given a scenario in which I had to state how I would sell a customer one our products and services if they stated they already banked somewhere else, they felt like their bank treated them more than just a number and clearly stated they did not want to hear about our products and services.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online - Assessment test - Phone interview with recruiter - Panel Interview - One on one with Sales performance manager

The process is really quick after the phone interview with the recruiter. Before the interview, read up on Bank of America's products and bring multiple copies of your resume. DO know your resume also because you'll be walking your interviewers through your resume and know when to highlight your strengths and skill sets. Remember you have to stand out amongst the other candidates so be prepared for anything. I had to role play in english, my secondary language and role play again with the manager. Be confident because you'll have to be confident in selling the product and more importantly, YOURSELF.

Litigation Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview was humerus, every question asked came right off website on the top ten interview questions. Why should I hire you? What was your proudest moment? Greatest accomplishment? Difficult situation with coworker and how did you handle? Have you ever been fired?

Interview Questions
    • There was noting it was so lame, interviewer literally read each question scripted from online.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I knew what the job paid as had friends there they pain $24 hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

The first step involved a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited to come in for their group interview. The group interview was pretty structured and straightforward at first, but as it got closer to the end where each general branch manager got to speak one on one with the candidates, it was very clear who was going to get a job offer and who wasn't. There were some of us who were waiting 45 minutes to have our turn at a one on one and not one manager spoke to us. I feel like if they are going to have a one-on-one with their candidates, they should just have the people who are going to have the one-on-ones stay and let everyone else leave. It was incredibly disrespectful to my time and the other candidate's time who had to sit there and wait for 45 minutes only to find out that they won't be interacting with the managers one-on-one at all.

Interview Questions
    • Questions such as "What was your greatest accomplishment" and "Give an example of a time you gave extraordinary customer service" were limited to the first five people.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied for the job--and completed the thorough online assessment--about a month before I was actually contacted by anyone. I'd assumed I'd been dropped from consideration, but was shortly contacted for a phone interview and then, having done well, immediately referred to do an in-person interview. The first interview was expected to take 25 minutes, but took an hour--a good sign! I got a callback later that afternoon to do a second interview at a different location within the network. That interview was much more brief, and the manager let me know to expect an answer in about a week's time. However, I got the dreaded vague-rejection-email from the recruiter the very next morning. I'm not completely surprised by this: I got smacked with the word "overqualified" during the interview and expect that they chose someone who was less of a flight risk.

Interview Questions
    • They got a prop out and had me simulate a sale of a new credit card with one of the assistant managers.   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I was called and emailed for an interview. There were probably around 15 people. All were students or recent grads with no banking experience. The interview was about three hours long and a following interview that day across town. Was told that we would hear a yes or no by the end of the week. It really happened the next week. I was disappointed because I really thought I had the job. I'm not sure what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking the same questions and us to play out scenarios over and over. By the time of the last one I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't difficult, just annoying at that point.   Answer Question

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bank of America.

Went from Temp to FTE in 6 months. There was no interview at any stage. Once hired on an internal interview for a promotion the interviewed no less than 5 times by the interviewer taking phone calls. VERY un professional and discourteous

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview. INTERNAL Interviews were standard and lots of times just a formality because someone else was going to be selected   Answer Question

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

They call you 3 times for interview and is pretty straight forward about the duties. My experience was during the interview was am i able to commit my weekends there and be willing to learn everything as fast as possible.

Interview Questions
    They said they would love me to be on board and offered me above mimimum wage.

Senior Consultant - Systems Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I had one in person interview for this job. It was a entry level software QA position and it lasted about 25 min. After the interview the process took about a month for HR and to finalize everything. The interview started out as the manager getting to know me by asking behavior and past experience questions. Most of these tech people are shy so speaking up and acting confident does make you stand out. After the first half she then asked about my technical experiences in which I was honest and gave a high level background of my skills. Depending on the team and position you are interviewing for the technical can very. For my position I needed SQL experience and basic software testing experience. Anyone that knows HP quality center, HP quick test pro, automation skills, advance excel skills, programing skills will stand out among other candidates. Make sure that you understand agile and waterfall process, front end and back end testing, black and white box testing, and automation testing with VB scripting. The main thing to remember is to just relax, the point of the interview is for you to come off as someone who the team would like to work with. Deadlines and deliverable mean everything to our team so you must also convey how you are very prompt at getting things done before they are due. Don't be afraid to highlight someone of your key talents even if they don't ask you what they are. Over all this is not a hard interview by any standards.

Interview Questions
    • You never know what kind of technical question they may ask but make sure you know the technology you are applying for. Also be prepared to answer a question on how you identified a problem at work and used innovation to solve the problem.   View Answer
    The negotiation process was easy, the offer was good so no need to ask for more money.