Bank of America Interview Questions & Reviews in California

172 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America.

I filled out an online application on 07/12/14. After the application was completed I received an email containing a link to take the pre-employment virtual bankers test. This is a 1 hour or so long test that includes person to person scenarios and basic banking account cross selling features. Once I completed the assessment I made the assumption I had passed because I received a call from a recruiter the next day. She asked me why I chose Bofa. She then scheduled a group interview for two weeks out. The group interview consisted of an open forum with 12 other prospective employees. The group interview consisted of one question to everyone telling a little bit about our background. After that it was an open forum in which questions were thrown out to everyone and it was our job to be pro active and answer them ourselves. After the three hour interview I went home and received a call from the recruiter stating I had an over the phone interview with the regional sales president for that market. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was the most intense and long phone interview I have ever done. All in all it went excellent as I received a call back 10 minutes after the interview offering me the position. I then had to submit my information for my fingerprints and background check. I was offered the job on 08/4/14 and got the all clear to work on 08/14/14. They even offered me a $1 more than what I requested. All in all the interview process was lengthy and they requested a lot of information but all the recruiters and interviewers were amazing. Very organized and professional. I was informed every step of the way. I cant wait to start working! If you have any questions about the process I am here to help!

Interview Questions
    • During my last phone interview I was given a scenario in which I had to state how I would sell a customer one our products and services if they stated they already banked somewhere else, they felt like their bank treated them more than just a number and clearly stated they did not want to hear about our products and services.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied for the job--and completed the thorough online assessment--about a month before I was actually contacted by anyone. I'd assumed I'd been dropped from consideration, but was shortly contacted for a phone interview and then, having done well, immediately referred to do an in-person interview. The first interview was expected to take 25 minutes, but took an hour--a good sign! I got a callback later that afternoon to do a second interview at a different location within the network. That interview was much more brief, and the manager let me know to expect an answer in about a week's time. However, I got the dreaded vague-rejection-email from the recruiter the very next morning. I'm not completely surprised by this: I got smacked with the word "overqualified" during the interview and expect that they chose someone who was less of a flight risk.

Interview Questions
    • They got a prop out and had me simulate a sale of a new credit card with one of the assistant managers.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online - Assessment test - Phone interview with recruiter - Panel Interview - One on one with Sales performance manager

The process is really quick after the phone interview with the recruiter. Before the interview, read up on Bank of America's products and bring multiple copies of your resume. DO know your resume also because you'll be walking your interviewers through your resume and know when to highlight your strengths and skill sets. Remember you have to stand out amongst the other candidates so be prepared for anything. I had to role play in english, my secondary language and role play again with the manager. Be confident because you'll have to be confident in selling the product and more importantly, YOURSELF.

Litigation Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview was humerus, every question asked came right off website on the top ten interview questions. Why should I hire you? What was your proudest moment? Greatest accomplishment? Difficult situation with coworker and how did you handle? Have you ever been fired?

Interview Questions
    • There was noting it was so lame, interviewer literally read each question scripted from online.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I knew what the job paid as had friends there they pain $24 hr.

Sales & Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

To get into bank, it took a long time. Overall group interview followed by individual interview at specific location where you will be hired. It can take some time between the group interview and the individual.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty basic - why you're applying, where you want to be, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. Wish I had.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

The first step involved a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited to come in for their group interview. The group interview was pretty structured and straightforward at first, but as it got closer to the end where each general branch manager got to speak one on one with the candidates, it was very clear who was going to get a job offer and who wasn't. There were some of us who were waiting 45 minutes to have our turn at a one on one and not one manager spoke to us. I feel like if they are going to have a one-on-one with their candidates, they should just have the people who are going to have the one-on-ones stay and let everyone else leave. It was incredibly disrespectful to my time and the other candidate's time who had to sit there and wait for 45 minutes only to find out that they won't be interacting with the managers one-on-one at all.

Interview Questions
    • Questions such as "What was your greatest accomplishment" and "Give an example of a time you gave extraordinary customer service" were limited to the first five people.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Got a call from corporate recruiter one week from online application. Scheduled on-site interview with branch manager. The interview last 1 hours, including tons of behavior questions. Tell me how you sell this product if clients have no interest on it. What was biggest challenges you ever faced and how you overcome situations not favor to you.

Interview Questions
    • Got an list of customer's background, including balances for multiple accounts. Role play how you sell the products to clients based on its needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2013.

Simple and Easy no big surprises all generic questions didn't take long from start to finish. I didn't have yur normal interview though I was already working for a competitor so there was no need to ask my qualifications

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America.

I was called and emailed for an interview. There were probably around 15 people. All were students or recent grads with no banking experience. The interview was about three hours long and a following interview that day across town. Was told that we would hear a yes or no by the end of the week. It really happened the next week. I was disappointed because I really thought I had the job. I'm not sure what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking the same questions and us to play out scenarios over and over. By the time of the last one I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't difficult, just annoying at that point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Received an email asking if I was interested in a group setting interview. The interview was really easy. learned so much about my self that I didn't know until I started talking about why I thought I was the perfect candidate for the position. Overall I think this has been one of the easiest interviews I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked to pick an item from a bag and sell it to the other candidates in the group interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!