Bank of America Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

2.9

147 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

The interview process was 5 interviews. Hiring manager, and then separate meetings with four senior leaders who had to then recommend you. The senior leaders focused was on behavioral questions as the hiring manager determines that your skills and abilities are a fit for the job and the culture. Senior leaders are looking for how you fit into the big picture, long term. That is a great opportunity to kick start your reputation.

So be prepared. Know the company. Know the history. Go to founder's hall and take a tour. Take some people to coffee. Understand the phrases they use and thinking they like to see when solving problems. Do the prep work and you will do just fine.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "What is leadership to you?" So that should tell you...for those who prepare, the questions you face are not that difficult.

Another question you might come across is "who is [your name]?" Be prepared to give your "elevator speech" of no more than a short paragraph about who you are, how you create value, and what that value is. Know your niche and why you are good at it.

Some additional prep that will help you: Know what you think about people relationships, how you deal with difficult people, what your strengths are and why, and give examples. Know what it means to step back and help the right person lead in a given a scenario. Take the interview and turn it into a conversation.
        View Answer
    BE CAREFUL with the negotiation. Do not talk about money until they make you a written offer. Then negotiate. Don't give up salary numbers or targets until then. Expect a lowball number and work up from there. This is where your prep really pays off. Know how you will add value once you have the job details. That is your bargaining chip so keep coming back to it.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter. This was more to ensure I was well suited for the position, etc. Then I had a second interview, in person, with the branch manager and assistant manager. I was offered the job the next day and now going through background check process.

The interview consisted of questions such as, "Tell me a little about your self?", "Why do you want to work for Bank of America?" "Why should we choose you above other candidates?" "What are your strengths/weaknesses?", "What are some of your achievements?", and "Where do you see your self in 5 yrs?"

These are basic interview questions one should always be prepared to answer. Remember: Your answers should always be work related giving examples of previous experiences. If you do not have previous experience, explain a scenario and how you would handle it. You are selling your self to the interviewer just like you would sell someone the benefits of a car you are selling. That said, always state why your previous skills and experiences will be an asset to the company you are interviewing for.

Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
    Negotiating pay can be difficult at times. Remember the company has to stay with in a budget when hiring a new candidate, however, you can always up sell your self a little by reminding them of all the benefits you are bringing on the table. Examples: Years of experience, Speak multiple languages, Fast learner, Excellent work ethics, etc.

Quantitative Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through campus recruiting. First round was on campus, with a few technical questions. Second round was super day in Charlotte, with case study and 4 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Case study: in total 2hrs, with 15min presentation on a case given 1 week prior.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Bank of America.

The process started out through an outside agency. Had a phone interview with them then was asked to come in. One they decided I was a qualified candidate, they sent my resume over. I then came in for a face to face panel interview. Management allowed their employees to enter the interview as well and ask questions. It was very informative. I received a call from the agency offering me the job the next week.

Global Treasury Solutions Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Applied through my university job board and was contacted for an immediate phone interview. The interview was about 30 minutes and was conversational about my experience and the position itself. After a few days I was invited to a "super day" at the corporate headquarters in Charlotte. The super day consisted of two half hour interviews in the same format as the first, but more in depth about why I wanted the position. I received a phone call a few hours later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but the offer was way above my expectations

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Had an initial interview to make sure I had the appropriate qualifications for the position. Next had a in person 2 hour 3 person panel interview where the questions directly addressed my previous experience and how I would handle different situations in the potential role. Afterwards met with a couple current PMs to determine if there is a good fit on both sides.

Interview Questions
    • How I would handle different project management situations around disasters and threats.   Answer Question
    Negotiated a slightly higher salary. Depending on level can negotiate vacation days

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014. I was able to apply through college recruiting. I didn't have much finance background, so they didn't ask any technical questions, so much of the interview was aptitude, verbal and logical reasoning and why I wanted to Intern at BA.

. Personally I did use The Ultimate Career Interview App for iOS to learn and prepare for the Bank of America Interview Questions and most of the questions where in the app. For me it was very helpful to see the questions and from then on I prepared my answers.

Interview Questions
    • I would say to anyone that applies at Bank of America just stay calm and try to answers all the questions no matter what in your unique way.   Answer Question

Got another intern @twitter

Scrummaster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Straight forward interview. If you are certified and have well documented experience you are the expert in the Agile conversation on the face to face interview. The bank is looking to transition to Agile over the next few years. If the hiring managers are looking to transition to agile ask the question what the product owner wants and then walk them through the Agile / Scrum process to get them to Done.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions on my interview.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase for me centered around start date. Interview was on Friday and they wanted me to start the following week. Salary was much higher than what I was making in a similar role. Had to give notice and close out my old job as professional courtesy.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

I got a phone interview and was invited for interview on their site

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interviewed with and through a staffing agency for Bank of America, and hired in a revolving-door team of attorneys for an on-going project. I soon understood why the Bank had difficulty in retaining people to work on the project. The actual documents and the bank system were easily mastered, but the inflexible management would not allow promotion or opportunity to do extra work in order to advance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you accept a low salary in exchange for the experience of working at Bank of America?   Answer Question
    No negotiation involved as the Bank would not raise the salary, adjust the daily hours to allow more than 8 hours per day or allow weekend work. This was a take-it-ot-leave-it offer.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!