Bank of America

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

My experience was different than most. I was sought after. However I was promised things that were not true. I was promised things that could not happen. My interview was a walk around the office. Filling out the application, shown my desk.

Others under a different manager, a manager with far less skill, who hired far less talented people, memorized a script, didn't care about former managerial experience, wanted only "yes men" and whom would be beholden to him.

I got the highest comp possible but was less by 2/3 than what I had previously made.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online, ultimately networked my way in and was lucky enough to advance right to a super day. Human Resources reached out to me and let me know that I had been invited and when I needed to be in Chicago. I was interviewing with about 6 or 7 other kids and interviews consisted of 5 1 on 1 interviews and 2 2 on 1 interviews. Everyone was very nice and helpful throughout the process. Was put on hold and ultimately did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard technicals (DCF, WACC, Comps, Basic Accounting), Really focused on fit and general market news.   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

It was pretty simple, I applied online and was called 3 days later for a quick phone interview and was invited to the group interview that same week. It was kind of unnerving to be sitting in the same room with 35 other interviewees but it wasn't my first time at such an interview. I think it was worse that there were 5 managers asking questions, but grace under pressure and all.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all pretty general. Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement at work? and Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

First round phone interview from on campus application, got a call later that day for a superday at the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • If someone offered you $1000 today or paid out at $100 a month over the next ten months, which would you take?   View Answers (2)

Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied on line and did the online assessment, then contacted me by HR within 3 days, I've passed the phone screening and assigned for face to face interview with branch manager, I did the interview it was very typical ... They told me will be back to me within 2 weeks ... It been month and I didn't hear from them !?!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected ... Talk about your self , sales skills and customer relation questions   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

The actual hiring and recruiting is quite long and thorough, which was fine because I held another employment during this initial phase. But once the recruiter phoned me for a phone interview, and eventually a face to face interview, things went very quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

Originally hired on a 6 month contract-to-hire. Offered full time position after 6 months. I just had a phone interview with my first manager.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to provide detailed info about my experiences with Java / Corba   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

First I filled out an online application which included an assessment, it was mostly common sense and speed that was being tested. If you passed you get a phone interview from a recruiter. They ask you a series of questions dealing with your jib experience and your goals. If the recruiter sees you as a potential candidate he offers you an in-person interview with the branch manager of the location you applied for. At that point they ask you more in-depth questions about yourself, your work experience, and they role play scenarios that are familiar to the role you are applying for. At the end they tell you a recruiter will be in touch with the decision. And then you wait.... Desperately.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time where you felt someone was doing something that was not allowed and that would cost the company money? How did you handle it?   View Answer

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2013.

2 phone interviews, on-line math assessment. It was 50 multiple choice questions relating to the industry. Most of them fairly easy. What is the rate of return if...you receive $100 dollars on a 1200 investment, currency conversions, ratios. Then on to a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • No leads are provided when you become a Wealth Advisor. "After you call all of your friends and family, how are you going to get to new clients.?"   Answer Question

I declined because the hiring manager was direct: "Remember, you only get commissions when you place clients funds in our income producing products."

PWM Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I got the interview by calling a local branch manager and subsequently submitting my resume in. After a week or so, I got a call back for an interview, which went well.

Basic Background Check that took ~1 month