Bank of America

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lancaster, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was called back a month after I applied. I first had a phone interview where basic questions about my work experiance were asked and then I was scheduled to do a face to face interview. There, along with the same questions as before I was asked questions about how I've handled situations with difficult customers and where I have gone above and beyond for a customer.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness? That one gets me every time!.   Answer Question

Collector I

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2013.

Interview Details – I mostly just made small talk with the interviewer. It was like it didn't matter if I was qualified or not. They were just going to give the job to anyone who applied.

Negotiation Details – Just ask for the pay you want and see what happens

Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was held by 2 managers. One asked questions while the other wrote. It was pretty short and sweet. I just answered their questions and it lasted about 10 minutes.

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was done by the HR department over the phone. They made the offer and I accepted.

Dallas, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out online application, I got email to take the call simulation the following day and I passed. Then I got an email for a phone interview schedule in the next 3 days. Still waiting for the feedback..

Interview Question – How did you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Recieved a call back from a recriter within 1 week. Took skills/ personality tet then qualified for a phone interview with recruiter. Next called in to 1:1 interview with a unit manager and then site manager.

Interview Question – Explain a situatio in which a customer was unhappy with a product, how did you respond and make it better?   Answer Question

Collector - I Interview

Collector - I
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very professional. I was first contacted by email and given an online collector simulation. I passed and i was then interviewed by phone for 30 minute. I was called several days later and asked to go into a 1:1 interview. I scheduled then time and went in. I was allowed to see the work environment and sit down with one of the lead collectors. The interview was 45 minutes long and very enjoyable and very smooth. Best interviewer I've ever had. I was accepted as an associate and now I start in just a few weeks.

Interview Question – Can you give a situation were a policy was to be enforced in your work environment that you didn't agree with but you enforced anyway?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt really negotiate the salary as it offered a significant amount more then what i was currently getting paid.

Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online. Then I got a phone call from a recruiter and did a phone interview. After that I got a second interview at BOA one on one with an associate. Then on the same day a manager interviewed me. Then I was told to come back for a third interview with the top manager of the department a week later. I interviewed with the top manager and left. Then I got a call back a week later from a recruiter who offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• As a collector, how many phone calls do you think you would take a day?   View Answer
  • With your degree you could be doing something else. Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me and asked me to take an on line test. Upon completion, I was scheduled for a face to face interview with two supervisors. The interview was short with basic questions such as "tell me how you offer outstanding customer service". Offered job pending background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Collector I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2010.

Interview Details – First applied online at the Bank of America website took a personality test. A couple of days later received email to take skills test past that. Then got a phone interview then offered 1 on 1 interview did that then summitted background check currently waiting for feedback.

Collector I

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter after applying on the web sight, went over basic information and talked a little about the process and benefits including the salary range. After first phone interview was set up for a face to face interview. I think the whole reason for this is to see if you are actually breathing. The interviewer just asks some basic questions off of a sheet and "grades" you responses. After the face to face the recruiter calls you back and makes an offer. You can 'negociate" a salary in the range that was given earlier in the process. I asked for more than in the range and was told NO and was then asked if I was still interested in the job. After accepting there is some online stuff and then you have to go in and get fingerprinted and have a background check done.

Interview Question – Cannot remember any, but be advised that they were really simple and basic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None/ very little room to negociate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Collector I interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.