Bank of America

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Credit Analyst Interview

Fast Process, had two phone screens and then was flown out to New York for Superday. Long Super day. there were two groups of canadites each with about six to eight applicants. Had 4 interviews, three were one on ones and the other was a two on one. Met with people in various groups and different levels. Half were more of just an intro since they were hiring for there latin american group specifically and I was not a fit for that group. the other was purely behaviorial and fit type questions. Very interested in past experience and motivation for wanting to work in credit. The two on one was very technical and asked about industries and companies you found interesting. Never got a response from them.

Interview Questions
  • Choose a company or industry and how would an increase in oil prices and how would it effect the company   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Credit Analyst Interview

applied through college career center. First interviewed over the phone, went to superday and had two back to back interviews. Each interview had 2 Senior analyst. Wasn't very difficult, they are just trying to get to know you better.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too technical and everything was mostly behavioral. It was more of a conversation rather than an interview.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

Did an on campus interview. It was me and one interviewer. It was a simple behavioral type interview. Take them about two weeks to hear back from. The company really is laid back so the interview was not as up type. The interviewer encouraged me to have notes prepared and look at is as a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you had to weigh your financial decisions that affected a certain part of the targeted market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

University interview strange one. Wanted me to ask all the questions. Seemed disinterested but was an alumni of another university. So, maybe he did not want us from our university.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask any questions. Candidate had to ask questions from beginning to end!   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Standard hiring procedure for large company. Interview questions are generic nothing specific to position. They just want to see that you have the ability to think and make decisions on your own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    Didnt need to pay was excellent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2012.

I was contacted fist by email to complete an online assessment. Once completed i recieved a call requesting a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. At the end of the call i scheduled a final phone interview (the interviewer explained that since I was out of state we would do another phone interview, although it would normally be a face to face interview) and once completed I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which working with a team was challenging or difficult   View Answer
    The employer accepted the inital offer i requested, although it was well above the average, since i had previous experience and a degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

I applied online. I had to submit a personality and skills test. An initial recruiter contacted me and asked me just a few questions as well as to make sure I would accept salary, start date and schedule, none of which were negotiable. She then referred me to have an additional phone interview the next day, which was about 30 minutes. These questions and expectations were probably the hardest of the entire process. Be specific and have behavioral examples ready. They hate generalizations. This recruiter is the recruiter I would work with for the rest of the process. She set me up for a face to face interview the next day. A team lead had me listen to a few calls to get an idea of what I would be doing. The team supervisor asked me questions. I was then referred to the department manager for final approval. By the end of that discussion, she advised me she would suggest to the recruiter I be given an offer. The recruiter called me within 15 minutes after I left the property. They then do a check of your work history. DO NOT lie. If you were fired, be honest. I know others that were hired even with this history. They are looking for your overall ethics as well as the actual references. The checks are very detailed. Fingerprint background is also done. Your offer is contingent on these checks coming back clean. You give them permission to do a credit check and I have heard they are only looking to make sure you don't owe banks any collections, foreclosures, etc. Again, they are looking at high ethics.

Interview Questions
    • Rate from 1 to 3, 1 being most important the following things: Customer Experience, Quality, Call Handling Time   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you did something for a professional contact that was against policy and procedure.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at this level.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

phone interview with recruiter, interview with two floor managers and interview with unit leader.

Interview Questions
    • where does a cab driver work and how much does he make   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

They emailed me the interview schedule three days ahead. The phone interview was pretty easy since interviewer simply went though my resume. He also ask me something related to the credit derivative such as CDO and CBO but didnot go further. Two weeks later, somebody told me that the position was filled by insider.