Bank of America Credit Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Standard hiring procedure for large company. Interview questions are generic nothing specific to position. They just want to see that you have the ability to think and make decisions on your own.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    Didnt need to pay was excellent

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

phone interview with recruiter, interview with two floor managers and interview with unit leader.

Interview Questions
    • where does a cab driver work and how much does he make   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2012.

I was contacted fist by email to complete an online assessment. Once completed i recieved a call requesting a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. At the end of the call i scheduled a final phone interview (the interviewer explained that since I was out of state we would do another phone interview, although it would normally be a face to face interview) and once completed I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which working with a team was challenging or difficult   View Answer
    The employer accepted the inital offer i requested, although it was well above the average, since i had previous experience and a degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

I applied online. I had to submit a personality and skills test. An initial recruiter contacted me and asked me just a few questions as well as to make sure I would accept salary, start date and schedule, none of which were negotiable. She then referred me to have an additional phone interview the next day, which was about 30 minutes. These questions and expectations were probably the hardest of the entire process. Be specific and have behavioral examples ready. They hate generalizations. This recruiter is the recruiter I would work with for the rest of the process. She set me up for a face to face interview the next day. A team lead had me listen to a few calls to get an idea of what I would be doing. The team supervisor asked me questions. I was then referred to the department manager for final approval. By the end of that discussion, she advised me she would suggest to the recruiter I be given an offer. The recruiter called me within 15 minutes after I left the property. They then do a check of your work history. DO NOT lie. If you were fired, be honest. I know others that were hired even with this history. They are looking for your overall ethics as well as the actual references. The checks are very detailed. Fingerprint background is also done. Your offer is contingent on these checks coming back clean. You give them permission to do a credit check and I have heard they are only looking to make sure you don't owe banks any collections, foreclosures, etc. Again, they are looking at high ethics.

Interview Questions
    • Rate from 1 to 3, 1 being most important the following things: Customer Experience, Quality, Call Handling Time   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you did something for a professional contact that was against policy and procedure.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at this level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Phone interview with the HR person in NC, then four interviews with people from the Chicago office. Questions were fairly straight forward but once I got in there I realized they were only interested in people who were in a credit underwriting role for some time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

They emailed me the interview schedule three days ahead. The phone interview was pretty easy since interviewer simply went though my resume. He also ask me something related to the credit derivative such as CDO and CBO but didnot go further. Two weeks later, somebody told me that the position was filled by insider.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2009.

Smooth Process. Easy to apply for on the site - was already an employee of the bank. Great conversation with hiring manager, then my would be manager, then one of the department heads. Very friendly, efficient process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2009.

I interviewed with 3 people on a panal for the position as a Credit Analyst. II. They asked questions pertaining to my knowledge of credit bureaus and their lending philosophy, of a customers ability, stability, and willingness to pay. Once I got post the panel interview which consisted of 3 managers, I was then transferred to the department manager who asked similar questions and eventually made me an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    Salary negotiation was not available. We were promised overtime and incentive which was taken away 2 weeks after I started the position -- To anyone else interviewing for this job, make sure overtime and incentive and job security is there to stay before accepting the offer.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2008.

i was referred by an employee and had a phone interview first then i was invited to have an interview with 2 people, my direct manager, the department head.

Interview Questions
    i counter offered what i was first offered and was also able to get a relocation package as well.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!