Bank of America Interview Questions & Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

73 interviews

2.4

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied online at the Bank of America careers site on a Sunday. The next day I received an email asking me to go to a group interview on Tuesday. On Tuesday I went to the interview location where 11 other people were to be interviewed. The recruiter introduced herself and mentioned how usually it would just be us and her but today we had two guests who were branch managers from different locations. We started off by having the recruiter and two branch managers introduce themselves and then went around the room introducing ourselves. We said our names, why we chose Bank of America, our past experiences, education, and availability. The recruiter then proceeded to talk about Bank of America and the benefits they offer and what they value in the company. We were encouraged to participate in the discussion about Bank of America's values. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back telling us how we did in the group interview. Four people were asked to stay. I was one of those four. The two branch managers had chosen us to do a one on one interview right away. I went to do the one on one interview with a branch manager right away after the group interview was over. I was asked to go into more detail about myself. Where did I go to school, what I had heard about the company, why I would be a good fit for Bank of America, and what experience do I have in sales. I was also asked to role play. I was asked to sell the branch manager a pen. Then I was asked to sell the branch manager a phone plan (my sales experience was phone sales). At the end of the interview the branch manager said he loved my personality and he loved people who were not shy at sales. He said he would love for me to work at this branch and that I would receive a call soon. I was called on Wednesday, the very next day. I was explained the benefits again and was asked for availability and when I could start.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to sell the pen was probably the most difficult and unexpected task. People don't usually think tellers are selling anything to people, but tellers have to be able to convince people to get a credit card, bank account, or other things related to the bank.   Answer Question

Personal Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

The hiring process was one of the most smooth process I have experienced. the background search and finger prints seem a bit excessive and no drug test was required. The recruiter was outstanding.

Interview Questions
    It was better than expected, they were beyond fair.

Loan Closer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2012.

Very easy interview. I applied online and the recruiter called me about a day later had 1 interview and overall it took about a 2-3 day process
    Went on the interview and Received offer the same day.
    Recruiter was very nice and she negotiated my pay.

Negotiated

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

It took about 3-4 weeks all together to get hired on and working but I interviewed around the holiday season. I had two phone interviews, some online testing to assess my skill for the job, once I went into the bank and interviewed I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Training on teller used interface for doing transactions.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

Pretty Easy.......initial conversation with HR, two face to face interviews with two different managers. Standard questions in each and nothing unusual in either interview. Both asked comparable questions, most likely they compared answers so as long as you explained your history and background and why they should hire you for the position you would most likely pass each one.

Interview Questions
    With HR over the phone not in person, a little room to negotiate income but not much.

Customer Service Sales Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

Apply online. If accepted you complete an assessment. If you pass the assessment you participate in a "live simulation." The simulation is done by an outside company and is designed to assess how you would handle different scenarios. If you pass the simulation you proceed to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to discipline an employee; what was the result?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

quick three to five business days easy questions two panel interviewers not difficult easy going interviewers typical personality questons took three to five business days to accept offer, finger printing and background check

easy

Operations Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

HR contacted me and asked basic questions, then setup an interview with the hiring manager who asked some technical questions. The process was very easy. And was one of the most painless interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions related to job - know your expertise   Answer Question
    HR had the salary

Research & Adjustments Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America.

Was hired internally because I already worked in the banking center. I applied and was called by a recruiter a few days later. Had one interview, and a few days later I found out through my assistant manager that I was hired. The next day the recruiter called me to offer the job. Very simple and relatively quick process.

Interview Questions
    • None, my interview was super easy. The manager mostly talked about the job and asked me a few questions like "if I asked your manager this, what would they say"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they just told me what my pay was.

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

This was group interview which was different but not as hard as I thought it would be. You just need to be willing to set up and answer questions directed to the group and not sit back quietly.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest thing was the place we had to act out a scenario & try to get the "customer" to upgrade their account.   Answer Question

The hours would not fit in my schedule in the fall so in their best interest I declined & looked for something that would work during my last year of college

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!