Bank of America

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – They got my resume through School and called me for the first round phone interview. The interview questions are as below:
1. Tell me about your experience in the past 5 to 7 years.
2. What activities you participate at school?
3. What do you think is the most important thing when choosing your career?
4. What is your ideal work environment?
5. Need sponsorship?
6. Are you willing to be relocated?

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was very hard but rewarding. I was asked a lot of questions about my previous work experience and expectations that I had. They wanted to see how goal oriented I was and what i had to bring to the table.

Interview Questions

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Interview Details – Fair process and interview

Interview Question – background in sales   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward, I currently work with the bank in another department so I just reached out directly to the recruiter to set everything up. After an initial overview of what the position entailed I took a basic math and economics test which was surprisingly simple. From there the executive assistant informed me that I had passed the test and that she will be emailing me a link to a "personality" test. The second test essentially wants to know if you have any sales skills and how many people you know that have wealth. So, with all of that done I am playing the waiting game to see if I will move forward in the process.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

Interview Details – First it was a phone interview with the Administrative Assistant on the floor followed by the floor director. After that there was a standard economic/math test to ensure you would pass the Series 7, 66 etc. Upon completing the exam, they called me 5 minutes after I walked out of the building to let me know that I passed. I had another follow up interview a week later. I was offered the position within two weeks.

Interview Question – What are some of the questions you deal with working at a discount brokerage firm?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline the offer because the salary was not high enough.

Newport News, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2009.

Interview Details – First was a phone call letting me know that they are interested and that they want me to come in person. 2 1:1 interviews, a background check, then they made an offer and I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – How have you handled adversity in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very fair in offering me what they offered.

Financial Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Interview Details – I considered the financial advisor job opportunity after speaking with a BOA/ML recruiter at a job fair. The recruiter stated that the company was specifically interested in people from outside the financial sector. The recruiter also really emphasized the company's training program. However, there seems to be a real disconnect between the recruiter's description of the role and the sales manager's.

I went through 8 rounds of screening and interviews: 4 phone interviews/conversations with the recruiter. 1 financial aptitude exam. 2 phone interviews with the sales manager. 1 in-person interview with the sales manager. 1 in-person interview with a 3-person panel. The last interview would have been with the managing partner, however, I did not make it to that round.

I was told to prepare a business plan for the sales manager. However, when I showed up for the in-person interview, the manager had not even reviewed my resume. We briefly discussed the business plan, which I revised for the next interview with the panel.

The interview with the panel included a checklist of questions. One of the panelists followed the checklist, the other 2 asked random questions. I felt like they were trying to talk me out of the role rather than interview me for the role.

Overall, this interview process was disappointing, but it gave me an important insight to the type of organization and work environment. I would have expected the sales manager to at least have reviewed my resume prior to meeting with me, especially since we had had prior phone interviews. I understand that I might not have been the best fit candidate for the job, but after so many rounds of interviews I expected at least some type of acknowledgement that the process was over (i.e., "thank you for interviewing, but we have selected another candidate who best fits our needs"). For a high-profile client service oriented organization, that was really disappointing to see.

Interview Question – Have you applied for a similar role with any other financial institutions?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was a streamlined process. Given my experience and the firms needs I was an easy fit.

Interview Question – What was your former salary?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2011.

Interview Details – To be honest, the interview was more personality than anything else. Anyone can learn how to balance and reallocate a portfolio, thats not rocket science. Learning how to close a deal and shake a hand has a much steeper and intrinsically expensive learning curve.

Interview Question – How would you invest 1mm   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiatble between 30-90k

Financial Advisor

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, was called a month or more later, and was invited to come in for testing and a brief personal interview.
I was informed several days layer that I passed the test, and was invited in again to meet two young, successful VP advisors and the hiring manager.
I was then invited to meet with the hiring manager again, and asked to bring my business plan for the role. At this meeting I was offered a position.

Interview Question – Who do you think your clients will be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is rational and reasonable. Read "Getting To Yes."

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Financial Advisor interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.