Bank of America

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

The process took two weeks. Got phone interview first and then had an on site interview with the branch manager. The whole process went pretty smooth. Nothing was extremely hard. Questions were: Why should we hire you as a financial advisor? What is your five year plan look like in Bank of America?

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Financial Advisor Interview

It was a Basic behavioral interview, was recruited on-campus through the career website. The interview took about 30 minutes. They seemed like Very nice people and a good company. Be prepared with questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

They got my resume through School and called me for the first round phone interview. The interview questions are as below:
    1. Tell me about your experience in the past 5 to 7 years.
    2. What activities you participate at school?
    3. What do you think is the most important thing when choosing your career?
    4. What is your ideal work environment?
    5. Need sponsorship?
    6. Are you willing to be relocated?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

It was very hard but rewarding. I was asked a lot of questions about my previous work experience and expectations that I had. They wanted to see how goal oriented I was and what i had to bring to the table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

The interview process was pretty straightforward, I currently work with the bank in another department so I just reached out directly to the recruiter to set everything up. After an initial overview of what the position entailed I took a basic math and economics test which was surprisingly simple. From there the executive assistant informed me that I had passed the test and that she will be emailing me a link to a "personality" test. The second test essentially wants to know if you have any sales skills and how many people you know that have wealth. So, with all of that done I am playing the waiting game to see if I will move forward in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

First it was a phone interview with the Administrative Assistant on the floor followed by the floor director. After that there was a standard economic/math test to ensure you would pass the Series 7, 66 etc. Upon completing the exam, they called me 5 minutes after I walked out of the building to let me know that I passed. I had another follow up interview a week later. I was offered the position within two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the questions you deal with working at a discount brokerage firm?   View Answer

I chose to decline the offer because the salary was not high enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Fair process and interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2009.

First was a phone call letting me know that they are interested and that they want me to come in person. 2 1:1 interviews, a background check, then they made an offer and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    They were very fair in offering me what they offered.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

I considered the financial advisor job opportunity after speaking with a BOA/ML recruiter at a job fair. The recruiter stated that the company was specifically interested in people from outside the financial sector. The recruiter also really emphasized the company's training program. However, there seems to be a real disconnect between the recruiter's description of the role and the sales manager's.

I went through 8 rounds of screening and interviews: 4 phone interviews/conversations with the recruiter. 1 financial aptitude exam. 2 phone interviews with the sales manager. 1 in-person interview with the sales manager. 1 in-person interview with a 3-person panel. The last interview would have been with the managing partner, however, I did not make it to that round.

I was told to prepare a business plan for the sales manager. However, when I showed up for the in-person interview, the manager had not even reviewed my resume. We briefly discussed the business plan, which I revised for the next interview with the panel.

The interview with the panel included a checklist of questions. One of the panelists followed the checklist, the other 2 asked random questions. I felt like they were trying to talk me out of the role rather than interview me for the role.

Overall, this interview process was disappointing, but it gave me an important insight to the type of organization and work environment. I would have expected the sales manager to at least have reviewed my resume prior to meeting with me, especially since we had had prior phone interviews. I understand that I might not have been the best fit candidate for the job, but after so many rounds of interviews I expected at least some type of acknowledgement that the process was over (i.e., "thank you for interviewing, but we have selected another candidate who best fits our needs"). For a high-profile client service oriented organization, that was really disappointing to see.

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied for a similar role with any other financial institutions?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

It was a streamlined process. Given my experience and the firms needs I was an easy fit.