Bank of America

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – The interview process is lengthy, 3-5 weeks. You have to develop a business plan, and prove that you have or can establish a solid network and book of business. The assessment tests are just the beginning, although not too difficult. Mostly, business math and basic economic questions along (30) questions, along with a personality test.

Interview Question – Can you elaborate on your network of business relationships you will bring to the position, and how you will develop a book of business.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2012.

Interview Details – Long drawn out process. Had several phone screens-interviews. Did their FIAT test. After that, there was a business/marketing plan that I put together. This alone took about 6 hours. In the meantime they did their background check. Passed all of that. Did one interview with a recruiter/trainer in a branch.

Interview Question – Was asked about my business plan and specifically regarding my niche group. The recruiter commented on one of my niche groups which was more than 300 individuals. Another 300 for another niche group and so on which was not enough.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unreasonable expectations. My marketing plan was great and would have worked 100% for me and the company.

Worcester, MA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty enjoyable. The interview was one and half hours long. He only asked me one question that was "tell me your strength".
And he spent the most of time talking about what exactly the job will deal with. And my major is Accounting/Finance and to be honest, so far, I dont have any experience in finance field so I asked him couple of questions about how FA build their networkings and the opportunities in this field.
So far, i am still waiting for the response but i probably failed... Cause as I know here're 8 people aiming for this internship position.
But anyway, the interview was enjoyable and the interviewer was very nice and patient.

Interview Question – what's your strength?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was rather slow and cumbersome mind you I did interview in December. I passed the FIAT and had to present a business plan. The interview went well and I was told I was to proceed to the penultimate stage in the hiring process which was an interview with the complex branch manager.

After Xmas I called the manager's secretary to arrange a date for the interview but she kept telling me that people in the office had not yet come back from holiday. This continued to happen until the second week of January! I called the individuals who interviewed me and they were surprised at the secretary's explanation. The next call I received was from HR telling me the complex director had a "change of heart" in the kind of trainees' background he was hiring. "Huh"?!

Left a sour taste after the process not so much of the decline in offer but the fact that the secretary LIED to me about what was going on. Otherwise the interview process was very good. I guess I had bad-luck with the whole process. Shame...

Interview Question – I wasn't caught off guard with any question.   Answer Question

Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online then talked to recruiter who matches your preferences with openings at a branch office. Next step is to take a on-line test involving math and fundamental economics/financial questions, then a personality test. Last steps involve multiple in-person interviews and panel interview.

Interview Question – General questions about background and goals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Depends on previous experience

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

Interview Details – Started with the group information session. They play a video that gives a background about ML and the FA position. Same stuff you can read online (and should have already if you are serious about the position). If you are still interested, the next step is the FIAT test that guages your financial intelligence and gives ML an idea if you're likely to pass the Series 7 & 63 exams. If you perform well on those, you'll likely be offered a one-on-one with the person in charge (mine was the Regional Director). From there, you'll interview with a few other people to see if you'll fit in with the culture. A few days after that, I was offer the position.

Interview Question – How you plan to reach their lofty targets for $ acquistion?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not the right fit for me...

Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got related by a friend of mine. starts with a GMAT style test then on to a series of interviews, mainly testing accounting and valuation skills. Very important to have perfect understanding of accounting and valuation types. Also helps to read about the industry as you will be asked on this

Interview Question – How does a change in EBDITA affect the general balance   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, received call several months later. Phone interview and then in person interview.

Interview Question – What would make you a better hire than someone else?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

Interview Details – Had 4 interviews, took the FIAT test 100% passed. The final interview was the one that made me re-think about this position, perhaps it was the complex director that made me think I did not want to work under him.

Interview Question – Why do you want to change your career?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

Interview Details – Walked in, received a phone call with invitation to interview, took tests, had to follow up several times, had a group interview with a feeling that would not get an offer - not enought matching experience (wasn't it clear at the first interview?!)

Interview Question – What was the biggest challenge you ovecame?   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!