Bank of America Fraud Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

The interview process at Bank of America was very simplistic. I initially applied online and received a phone call from a Recruiter within 72 hours. The conversation was very pleasant and was her just asking very basic questions to qualify me for the position, such as availability and things of that nature. After that, I was invited to take an assessment online. The assessment was very easy to follow and was just basic "common sense" simulation type of questions. After I successfully passed, I received an email inviting me to attend an in-person interview. At that point, I scheduled my interview and met with a Team Manager in the Fraud Department. After interviewing with her, I met with the Department Manager the same day. Before I left, they took me to Security to be fingerprinted and get my picture taken. I received a call within 24 hours offering me a position. The overall process was great.

Interview Questions
  • The interview questions were fairly standard. The most difficult question came when their Background Verification company called me to ask questions about my prior education and employment to validate my background check.   View Answer
The only negotiable part of the offer for this position was the hours/schedule. They had several to select from, but since it was a call center position, the salary was a standard starting salary that everyone starts at. There were a variety of schedules to choose from; however, one (1) weekend day was required for each schedule.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Initially I was contacted for a phone interview, followed by a group interview. The interview consisted of situational scenarios. The hiring process was quit lengthy as I had to fill out online forms, take an additional quiz, go in for fingerprinting. The background check is also pretty thorough as they ask for all previous employment including positions held for a short period and have an investigator to confirm your employment.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, they just want to know how you are able to handle stress and your experiences working in a team setting. Give examples of each questions and how you overcame obstacles in work and/or life.   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2013.

Saw the listing for the job at the BofA careers website and applied.
    Two days later, I received an email from a recruiter wanting to set a phone interview. Set that up within a week.
    I was then contacted by the recruiter three days after the phone interview to set a face-to-face interview, which I picked for the next day. The same day, I received a link for the ASI background information.
    I thought the interview went alight, all the questions were situational and/or behavioral type. They seemed really interested in my previous job and even asked me questions related to that which has nothing to do with the position but I figured...a test, perhaps? So I was ok with it. The managers told me they still had some more interviews to do but would have an answer in a couple weeks, that if I moved on there would be another interview...etc
    I finished up the ASI background information, and I wrote a really nice thank you letter the next day and sent it to the office. An actual letter, not email. I had two other interviews set up for other positions elsewhere so I was focused on them, so I was certainly surprised when I received a call back from the recruiter two days later! I was thinking that was quick, now they want to set up the next interview, but I actually received the verbal job offer!

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions were questions related to my previous job that didn't have anything to do with the current one.
      Other questions were mostly behavior/situation type questions, such as how did you deal with upset customers, and what was your favorite thing you liked about your last job. etc.
        Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate, as they offered me more than I expected. I was quite happy with the offer.

Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America.

Your Resume is shortlisted followed by online assessment and then HR round.

No H1B sposor

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

This was a hiring from with-in the company type of interview. I met with an Assistant Manager and Unit Manager. They gave an overview of the position and asked basic interview questions. I was offered the position the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

Email Opportunity
    Group Panel Interview
    Email Notification

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scranton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2009.

Great feeback and provided a quick response. The intereview was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What i knew about the company and why I was interested in the company.   Answer Question
    n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scranton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2010.

I was first contacted over the phone to set up a phone interview about a week later. That interview went great. The woman was very nice and made the process very comfortable. After that about a week or 2 later I was contacted for an on-site interview and set that up to happen the next week. That interview also went well. It was a different woman than had conducted the phone interview but she was still very nice and professional. The questions asked in both interviews were similar; Describe a normal day at your current/past job; tell me a time when you went above and beyond for the customer; how have you reached goals; etc. Approximately a week after the on-site interview I was called and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific instance where you went above and beyond for the customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you went out of your way to help a co-worker.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiations here. You either accept what they offer or decline it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

It was an internal position that was primarily a promotion within the same department. I interviewed with the hiring managers directly.

Interview Questions
    • What talents and skills are you bringing to the analyst team?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, AL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

it was a long drawn out process. first the pplied online creating an account. Got a call from a corporate recruiter who set up a phone interview with another recruiter. Phone interview was going over the responsibilities of the position and verification of past experience. At the end of the phone interview a face to face interview with the department manger was set up. Interview went well and was behavioral. A week later the recruiter called back with the offer and it was accepted.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!