Bank of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Sale Associate Interview

Customer Sale Associate
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about two weeks. Went in on a Thursday to interview. I was the only one dressed in a suit so I really stood out from the other people. The questions weren't hard at all, they basically wanted to know about my sale experiences and they did a lot about "tell me about a time when" It was two hiring managers that interviewed me, I kept smiling and making eye contact and they smile somewhat.

Interview Question – When do you know the cut off limit when making a sale to a customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You either accept it or you don't

Collection Associate Interview

Collection Associate
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2014.

Interview Details – Online application, online assessment test, phone interview, and in person, 2 person panel interview, then 1on1 with hiring manager... Overall easy process as long as you're comfortable talking about yourself.... Dress professional, and smile at everyone. (They wont smile back but dont let that discourage you) just do your best.

Interview Question – Why BofA, name a time you've helped a difficult customer, what do you know about BofA, what are BofA core values?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Did not fit my schedule

Assistant Manager Leadership Development Program Interview

Assistant Manager Leadership Development Program
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details – Even though I did not receive the position, This process was excellent and I received feedback very quickly. I applied for the position, two days later I received and email asking me to take the online assessment. Two days after that i received an email letting me know i passed that and to schedule for a phone interview. About 5 days later i had my phone interview and was immediately told i would be moving on to the final interview process. This interview process was good, but I was very nervous because I have not had an interview in quite some time. Overall the experience was very good, and I liked the fact that I received feedback so promptly.

Interview Question – You have an older employee who has been with the company for 5 years. You see that he or she is not performing his or her duties up to par with company standards. How do you resolve this issue?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview and then face-to-face interview

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Part Time Teller Interview

Part Time Teller
Suwanee, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and then two days later I was called by a recruiter. Right after the phone interview I was offered a F2F the following day. Two weeks after that I was offered the position. I thnk that it took so long because the manager was hiring an entirely new staff. Be nice and smile a lot

Interview Question – standard customer service ques. Look up the G.U.E.S.T standards   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation... $12/hr with a B.S and cash handling experience

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2013.

Interview Details – Call interview first, face to face with Manager after you get thru the call, then there is an additional interview by next level up.

Interview Question – role play was a surprise for a job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negations for a better job salary was easy- They low balled the salary and I gave them my worth and met my expectations

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to BoA in Dec. 2013. Two business days later I received and email from the VP of recruiting. I had a phone interview which consisted of 6 questions, mainly pertaining to experience, how I would handle a particular situation, and salary requirements.

After that interview, I had a 1-1 with a marketing manager and it went very smooth. I was relaxed and confident. He was very direct with his expectations of the banker position and after he asked a series of questions, ( Tell me about yourself; Why BoA?; Am I aggressive?; what will I do to ensure I reach my monthly goal?; Why you?) I was set up with an interview with the branch & asst. manager 2 days later. This interview lasted about 20 mins.

This was the most challenging part of the interview process. I sat with the BM & ABM for about an hour and they asked a lot of situation questions, sales goals history, experience history, achievements, why BoA, what can I bring to the company, where do I see myself in 3-5 years, weaknesses, how will you succeed, etc...One thing I did do was relax myself and think before speaking. If I needed time to answer a question correctly, I would take a pause. They want to see confidence and a strong sales person. I also asked each one of them (including the marketing manager) a series of 3 leadership questions to get a feel for them as well; tenure in a leadership role, what are some key attributes to longevity and personal success at BoA, & what does integrity mean to you and why? It is always good to have a max of 3 questions pertaining to the managers that you can ask.

Last interview was a phone interview with the sales performance manager which lasted about 10mins, very easy. After I completed all the interviews, I was contacted the same day and was given confirmation that i got the job!

Please read and role play the questions that could be asked in the interviews. Preparation is vital to anything you do. Be confident and smile! This is a sales role so people HAVE to sense that you are a sales person. Highlight sales accomplishments and leadership roles you have had in the past.

Business Professional attire! I also purchased a portfolio and had my resume printed on very nice resume paper (optional but appearance is key!).

Interview Question – What can you tell me about yourself that cannot be found on your resume?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I initially asked for 35k before the interviews and learning the job expectations. Afterwards, my recruiter offered 36,800. I asked for 40k and it was accepted.

OMAP Associate Interview

OMAP Associate
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

Interview Details – On campus interview, followed by interview at corporate headquarters. Then offer is made.

Interview Question – Tell me how you handled a difficult situation with a classmate or co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room but at the end they gave me a tiny bit more.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied, Took assessment, took virtual assessment about 5 days later, got email to set up phone interview.

Teller Interview

Teller
Albany, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly short. After applying, you take an automated teller test before any interview. If you pass that, someone from HR will contact you to do a quick phone screening, get some information about past residences and employment, then they will set up an interview at the branch you applied at. After the interview, the HR person will contact you again to let you know the outcome of the interview as well as make you an offer. The total process took me about 2 weeks from submitting my application to getting an offer.

Interview Question – Really no difficult questions. Wanted me to explain my resume, give examples of certain situations such as how did/would I handle a disgruntled customer, in my previous job how was job performance evaluated, how would past employers describe you, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate only because they are going to pay me a little more than my current job and I feel the rate is good compared to what I know "new" tellers start off making.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!