Bank of America Interview Questions in Georgia

2.8

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Process took about two weeks. Went in on a Thursday to interview. I was the only one dressed in a suit so I really stood out from the other people. The questions weren't hard at all, they basically wanted to know about my sale experiences and they did a lot about "tell me about a time when" It was two hiring managers that interviewed me, I kept smiling and making eye contact and they smile somewhat.

Interview Questions
    • When do you know the cut off limit when making a sale to a customer   View Answer
    You either accept it or you don't

Collection Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in June 2014.

Online application, online assessment test, phone interview, and in person, 2 person panel interview, then 1on1 with hiring manager... Overall easy process as long as you're comfortable talking about yourself.... Dress professional, and smile at everyone. (They wont smile back but dont let that discourage you) just do your best.

Interview Questions
    • Why BofA, name a time you've helped a difficult customer, what do you know about BofA, what are BofA core values?   View Answer

Did not fit my schedule

Assistant Manager Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Even though I did not receive the position, This process was excellent and I received feedback very quickly. I applied for the position, two days later I received and email asking me to take the online assessment. Two days after that i received an email letting me know i passed that and to schedule for a phone interview. About 5 days later i had my phone interview and was immediately told i would be moving on to the final interview process. This interview process was good, but I was very nervous because I have not had an interview in quite some time. Overall the experience was very good, and I liked the fact that I received feedback so promptly.

Interview Questions
    • You have an older employee who has been with the company for 5 years. You see that he or she is not performing his or her duties up to par with company standards. How do you resolve this issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

I applied to BoA in Dec. 2013. Two business days later I received and email from the VP of recruiting. I had a phone interview which consisted of 6 questions, mainly pertaining to experience, how I would handle a particular situation, and salary requirements.

After that interview, I had a 1-1 with a marketing manager and it went very smooth. I was relaxed and confident. He was very direct with his expectations of the banker position and after he asked a series of questions, ( Tell me about yourself; Why BoA?; Am I aggressive?; what will I do to ensure I reach my monthly goal?; Why you?) I was set up with an interview with the branch & asst. manager 2 days later. This interview lasted about 20 mins.

This was the most challenging part of the interview process. I sat with the BM & ABM for about an hour and they asked a lot of situation questions, sales goals history, experience history, achievements, why BoA, what can I bring to the company, where do I see myself in 3-5 years, weaknesses, how will you succeed, etc...One thing I did do was relax myself and think before speaking. If I needed time to answer a question correctly, I would take a pause. They want to see confidence and a strong sales person. I also asked each one of them (including the marketing manager) a series of 3 leadership questions to get a feel for them as well; tenure in a leadership role, what are some key attributes to longevity and personal success at BoA, & what does integrity mean to you and why? It is always good to have a max of 3 questions pertaining to the managers that you can ask.

Last interview was a phone interview with the sales performance manager which lasted about 10mins, very easy. After I completed all the interviews, I was contacted the same day and was given confirmation that i got the job!

Please read and role play the questions that could be asked in the interviews. Preparation is vital to anything you do. Be confident and smile! This is a sales role so people HAVE to sense that you are a sales person. Highlight sales accomplishments and leadership roles you have had in the past.

Business Professional attire! I also purchased a portfolio and had my resume printed on very nice resume paper (optional but appearance is key!).

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about yourself that cannot be found on your resume?   View Answer
    I initially asked for 35k before the interviews and learning the job expectations. Afterwards, my recruiter offered 36,800. I asked for 40k and it was accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied, Took assessment, took virtual assessment about 5 days later, got email to set up phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

It has been a 6 week long 5 different interview process, and i know it is by the holidays but I have gone through 2 different holidays and it's definitely way too drawn out. I still am actively in contact and just had another interview last week. Way too long.

Interview Questions
    • Role play and bring up in a conversation what you do and try to get an appointment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank of America in December 2013.

Standard corporate mumbo jumbo. Three levels of management in suits with neat tidy hair asking run of the mill interview questions. The people are overall very personable. First is the phone interview, then the center manager, consumer market manager and lastly the area sales executive. After that an offer is made and background check begins.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about the Personal Banker role?   View Answer
    It's entry level sales and I was senior level sales. No negotiations were conducted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied online and received a phone call two days later. The recruiter scheduled a time with me to have a roughly 30 minutes telephone interview. The interview included questions such as , " tell me a time when you....." . I then when on a panel interview in downtown Atlanta. They told us that if chosen we would work in a specific area. I expected to be chosen and decided to take initiative to go to every single bank in that city to introduce myself and hand the manager my resume in hopes of bringing attention to myself over other. It worked. I was later called in for an interview with one of the managers and the Market manager for that region. Afterwards I received a call from my recruiter making me an offer. The offer was for 34k, which was mid range of what she had mentioned in our initial telephone interview. I asked for 42k. She said she would check and get back to me within a day. She called back next day and said the best they could do was 38K and that only experienced PB's received pay of 40k and above. I accepted.

I greatly appreciate your offer. When reviewing my own experience and accomplishments and comparing them to the requirements listed on the post for the opportunity, I noticed that I meet those listed. Furthermore, I even exceed that preferred qualifications that are listed as well. With this and knowing what I can accomplish in this role and knowing my self worth, I am prepared to accept and offer of $$$$$$.

Set back listen, and don't say a single word. Even after they have made the next statement, don't be so quick to respond. Give a second or two of silence before responding. Trust me, if they want you and you sell yourself you can get more. Just know the border between firm and assertive and cocky ass whole...If you don't get what you asked, ask how long you have to make a decision. If it has to be made that day and they don't give what you ask, take what they give...at least you know you tried.

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I just randomly sent emails to people in the local office requesting informational interview and I got a few responses. I interviewed with two offices and got offers from both. One of them suggested a 12/hr pay so I accepted that one.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online no referral, was contacted 2 weeks later to complete online assessment, passed assessment, was then contacted to send updated resume for phone interview, was contacted for phone interview on a Sunday which was unheard of, interviewed next day received offer then started work 2 weeks later. Interview process took 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • All easy behavioral questions. Asks what you know about the company etc.   Answer Question
    Could not negotiate.