Bank of America Home Services Specialist II Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.2

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Monday, received & completed an assessment online on Tuesday, received a call on Wednesday from the recruiter, interviewed on Thursday with management. There were several of us at the interview. Met with the VP and then we interviewed individually with managers. I worked in this facility before and was a former employee.

Interview Questions

• Name something you did for your department to make a task easier?
    Explain your prior experience in mortgage?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bank of America (Concord, CA).

Interview

Went from Temp to FTE in 6 months. There was no interview at any stage. Once hired on an internal interview for a promotion the interviewed no less than 5 times by the interviewer taking phone calls. VERY un professional and discourteous

Interview Questions

• There was no interview. INTERNAL Interviews were standard and lots of times just a formality because someone else was going to be selected   Answer Question

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview

Only had one interview with branch manager. In retrospect, I feel that I was placed in a position lower than my qualifications - I had the same title and salary as people with no prior experience and I have 20 years experience.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was being offered a position that didn't seem to utilize my capabilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate as they have pay ranges for each job grade.

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

One interview over the phone, in the next three days an interview at the office, interview went on for fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions

• No complicated or unexpected questions asked. Was told about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter offered 5K more then I expected. I agreed.

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Farmington, CT) in September 2012.

Interview

Very informal.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Bank of America has a very easy hiring process. You would have to be a dope to not pass it. They practically beg people to work for them. And if they are not interested in you, it is only because they are discriminating against you. And don't forget that discrimination can begin after your hire date. For example, they do high volume recruiting which I have come to learn means that they hire more people than they absolutely need just so that they can put people on the track for failure immediately when you walk through the door. That means that if they don't like the way you looked at them sideways, they will refuse to give you the training as promised, make you sit and suffer and then blame you because you can't get your job done. They are very poor sports over there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Would you accept this amount.

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

Casual conversation, nothing too intense or out of the ordinary

Negotiation

I should have negotiated more

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2008.

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after applying and had a basic phone interview (education, relevant work experience, etc). The whole phone call lasted maybe 10 min. They called back a few hours later to schedule the in person interview.

When I came in for the in person interview, I met with one of the team managers. She asked me about my relevant experience, then asked me some questions from a prepared sheet that she then filled in with my responses. These questions included things like "what does accountability mean to you", "what are you strengths", and other similar questions. She also asked me job specific questions like what I would look for on a paystub. This interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and was relatively easy and straightforward. I got a call within 2 hours with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you look for on a paystub?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They never asked me for a salary range during the interview process, and offered me a set salary. I took it without negotiating, and later found out from other people that I trained with that this was the standard that they started everyone at.