Bank of America

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Vice President/Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Initial phone interview with recruiter to go over your credentials.

Second interview to meet with the hiring manager and to go over your resume and your background. Detailed description of the job and what to expect and what they expect out of you.

Third meeting with the territory manager to go over your resume again. This person is just to give the hiring manager a second opinion. I was basically told I was going to be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward questions, no behavioral questions. They are just looking to hire experienced professionals with licenses and a track record with sales experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, salary is set.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Pretty easy just sell yourself and convince them your going to hit their daily goals and don't be out of balance while you work there. Background check and fingerprinting

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest responsibility for the tellers? Easy, we see the 80% of the customers so sell them products.   View Answer
    Don't expect much..

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

I received the interview through on campus recruiting. I received an email from an employee shortly after congratulating me, which seemed a bit strange. The interview was one on one with an associate who was extremely hard to relate to. Barely asked any behavioral or fit questions, all he seemed to care about was my technical knowledge. Interview only lasted about 20 minutes because I don't think I answered his technical questions well enough.

Interview Questions
    • If a company with a higher EPS purchases a company with a lower EPS, what happens to the purchaser's EPS?   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

I applied online and completed the skills assessment. About 2 weeks later I received a phone call from Bank of America and the representative asked me a few questions before asking me would I be interested in the group teller interview. I agreed and went to the group teller interview the very next day. I did my research and was well prepared for the interview. We formed 3 groups of 3 and my group had to sell a sun visor which wasn't hard. I submitted my background check form and began waiting for the next step. The recruiter called and scheduled me with a face to face interview with the branch manager and assistant manager at a location a bit far from me, but I agreed. I thought I did great on my interview and shortly after the recruiter called me and said they said I did very well. Unfortunately I did not receive an offer and I had no idea there were 5 or more applicants interviewing for the same position. About 3 weeks later I get a second chance for an interview with a branch much closer to me. I felt the interview was very quick and I wasn't asked any questions related to the job. The branch manager said she had several other interviews as well so basically the same process once again. I am waiting to find out if I got the job but i'm very skeptical. My advice to anyone applying is DON'T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET. I feel the recruiter should not select so many applicants if she knows there are not enough positions.

Professional Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Group interview with HR, just be confident, good communication, dress professionally, and remember to smile because this is a customer service job. Next round interview with banking center manager, they will focus on questions about your experience with cash handling, customer service, and how comfortable and how good you make a sale. 40% in teller performance's overall score is making referrals to personal bankers. This is not easy because it is only count when customer agrees to sit down with a banker right after finishing the transaction with you and normally customers will just leave because they don't wanna stay, or wait on other people until their turn; or your referrals only count when customers actually come back on the appointment you book for them, and normally they don't come back for their appointment.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult. Just prepare to answer about your experience with cash handling, customer service, and sales.   Answer Question
    HR will call you for a phone interview and inform you about the salary. If you don't accept it, I don't think they will process you further to the first interview, which will be a group interview with HR.

Sales & Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

You have to attend a group interview then you have another interview at the actual branch you will work. At the interview you are asked why bank of america. where you see yourself in the future with bank of america. finally what sales experience do you have and how good are you with numbers.

Interview Questions
    • Can you sell? Are you going to school? Have you handled large amounts of cash?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. You should always negotiate pay period even if it is entry. Get ahead of the game.

The Sharpe Groupe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2011.

Single phone interview, emailed the hiring manger through an online, on-campus, job-board and received follow-up and an interview invitation within a day. After the phone interview, I went to the corporate Bank of America office in Houston for a background check and picture. The manager who hired me was friendly and easily accessible throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions.
      "Tell me about yourself?" "Why do you want this position?" Why did you select your major?"

Answer Question
    N/A unpaid internship

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

First phone interview with recruiter then face to face.. then panel

Interview Questions
    Know the history of the bank be aggressive

Global Wealth & Investment Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Applied online through my university career website. Got an email a few weeks later inviting me for an interview. The interview took place with a member of the group that was hiring and he basically just told me what job consisted of and what my duties would be. He asked me to tell me about myself and what if I would be comfortable making cold calls and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable in making cold calls and prospecting for new clients?   Answer Question

Merrill Lynch PWM Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Got the internship through the university or should i say i was chosen by ML recruiter to intern. Interviewed on campus with your typical questions. No useless behavioral questions which was good. I was informed the same day that I would be joining a team of 10 interns for the summer.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to walk up to you in a casual location such as a bar and told you to tell me a bit about yourself, what would you say?   Answer Question