Bank of America

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice President/Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter to go over your credentials.

Second interview to meet with the hiring manager and to go over your resume and your background. Detailed description of the job and what to expect and what they expect out of you.

Third meeting with the territory manager to go over your resume again. This person is just to give the hiring manager a second opinion. I was basically told I was going to be offered the job.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward questions, no behavioral questions. They are just looking to hire experienced professionals with licenses and a track record with sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, salary is set.

Sales & Service Specialist Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

Interview Details – You have to attend a group interview then you have another interview at the actual branch you will work. At the interview you are asked why bank of america. where you see yourself in the future with bank of america. finally what sales experience do you have and how good are you with numbers.

Interview Question – Can you sell? Are you going to school? Have you handled large amounts of cash?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. You should always negotiate pay period even if it is entry. Get ahead of the game.

The Sharpe Groupe Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2011.

Interview Details – Single phone interview, emailed the hiring manger through an online, on-campus, job-board and received follow-up and an interview invitation within a day. After the phone interview, I went to the corporate Bank of America office in Houston for a background check and picture. The manager who hired me was friendly and easily accessible throughout the process.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.
"Tell me about yourself?" "Why do you want this position?" Why did you select your major?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A unpaid internship

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details – I received the interview through on campus recruiting. I received an email from an employee shortly after congratulating me, which seemed a bit strange. The interview was one on one with an associate who was extremely hard to relate to. Barely asked any behavioral or fit questions, all he seemed to care about was my technical knowledge. Interview only lasted about 20 minutes because I don't think I answered his technical questions well enough.

Interview Question – If a company with a higher EPS purchases a company with a lower EPS, what happens to the purchaser's EPS?   View Answer

Teller Interview

Teller
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and completed the skills assessment. About 2 weeks later I received a phone call from Bank of America and the representative asked me a few questions before asking me would I be interested in the group teller interview. I agreed and went to the group teller interview the very next day. I did my research and was well prepared for the interview. We formed 3 groups of 3 and my group had to sell a sun visor which wasn't hard. I submitted my background check form and began waiting for the next step. The recruiter called and scheduled me with a face to face interview with the branch manager and assistant manager at a location a bit far from me, but I agreed. I thought I did great on my interview and shortly after the recruiter called me and said they said I did very well. Unfortunately I did not receive an offer and I had no idea there were 5 or more applicants interviewing for the same position. About 3 weeks later I get a second chance for an interview with a branch much closer to me. I felt the interview was very quick and I wasn't asked any questions related to the job. The branch manager said she had several other interviews as well so basically the same process once again. I am waiting to find out if I got the job but i'm very skeptical. My advice to anyone applying is DON'T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET. I feel the recruiter should not select so many applicants if she knows there are not enough positions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bank of America?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Global Wealth & Investment MAnagement Intern Interview

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online through my university career website. Got an email a few weeks later inviting me for an interview. The interview took place with a member of the group that was hiring and he basically just told me what job consisted of and what my duties would be. He asked me to tell me about myself and what if I would be comfortable making cold calls and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable in making cold calls and prospecting for new clients?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Interview Details – First phone interview with recruiter then face to face.. then panel

Interview Question – Why do u want to work for the bank   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Know the history of the bank be aggressive

Engineering Interview

Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was actually a total of four interviews, each with lots of technical questions that continued until I was not able to answer them because they increased in difficulty. All of the interviewers seemed to be very smart and also very friendly. The phone interview was the first and it lasted 30 minutes and asked general questions about my background and skills.

Interview Question – Describe the technical details of the last project you worked on.   Answer Question

Merrill Lynch PWM Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – Got the internship through the university or should i say i was chosen by ML recruiter to intern. Interviewed on campus with your typical questions. No useless behavioral questions which was good. I was informed the same day that I would be joining a team of 10 interns for the summer.

Interview Question – If I were to walk up to you in a casual location such as a bar and told you to tell me a bit about yourself, what would you say?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Houston, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2009.

Interview Details – Called for an interview, lots of behavioral questions. Lots of questions about sale and customer service experience. It seems that you are required to make lots of outbound phone called. They didnt talk much about goals and sales quotas but I assume if your not producing they will let you go.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which a customer was going to back out of a large deal and how did you handle it?   View Answers (2)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.