Bank of America Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR).

Interview

One 30 minute interview on campus. Applied through campus recruiting online and heard within a week about signing up for an interview. 1-1 interview with manager of division. Was contacted within two weeks of the interview by a recruiter and was extended an offer. I was surprised only one interview was necessary, especially for this technical of a position.

Interview Questions

• mostly personality type questions and then some accounting based analysis questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was extended an offer, no negotiation on salary. Was offered a moving stipend.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I still have final round in Charlotte. I had attend On-Campus Interview and was asked about basic OOPS concepts and databases. Since, the interviewer was working with Databases, he asked advanced concepts of SQL and databases in general.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

First called by recruiter over the phone. Mostly behavior questions and nothing TECHINCALL. Invited to hea quarters for interview with three separate rounds of interviews with different people. Social before hand

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my resume to the Indiana Women in Computing Conference, Bank of America contacted me about interviewing at the conference and we scheduled a time. The interview was simple and quick as they were looking more for full time than intern but the interviewer was very nice and said she would contact me if intern positions opened up.

Interview Questions

• She asked about personal projects and the experience on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied through the job portal. Got a phone interview. A bunch of behavioral questions. No technical stuff.The interviewer was extremely kind and focused on giving a detailed job description. She did not ask technical questions but rather asked me why I was interested in banking and asked subsequent questions pertaining to my responses.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied through my school and got an interview in a week. The interviewer was an alum and was very friendly.It was a week long process from my sending my resume to landing an interview. There was just one interviewer/

Interview Questions

• No technical questions were asked;I was asked why I chose my school and my view the current market trend, feb and my classes   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Rutgers, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to the Technology Developer and Analyst Intern Program in their Global Markets Technology & Operations group through university career services and was invited to on-campus interviews. Didn't really hear from any recruiters though. Everything was electronic. Interview was 30 minutes of questions in finance fundamentals (the greeks, duration, dv01, financial modeling), probability, and statistics. Only had a chance to ask 1 question. But interviewer was helpful.

Interview Questions

• You need to get ready for this interview and you have 28 black, 18 white, and 8 pink socks in a box in a dark room. What is the minimum number of socks you need to pick to guarantee that you'll be ready.   1 Answer
    • You have 50 black marbles, 50 white marbles, and 2 cups. You can distribute the marbles in the cups any way you choose, but all the marbles have to be placed in the cups. How would you maximize the probability that I will pick a white marble?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

Interview

Rigorous interview questions about statistics, finance, probability, and market news. Make sure you know the position well and have researched the bank's recent news. They had a pre-interview reception the day before the interviews where they invited all the students who were interviewing and got to know them on a more personal basis. Make sure you are comfortable, funny, outgoing, but also smart and composed. They might tell you the reception doesn't affect your chances of getting the job but it is actually pretty important.

Interview Questions

• How did many institutions lose money when the Swiss franc was unpegged?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my university's career site. Got a phone interview which was about 30 minutes long. Was then asked to move on to the next round, which was a "Super Day" interview at their HQ in Charlotte. I was out of the country for the Super Day group interview process so I responded to the e-mail invitation with my regrets and asked if there was any way for me to participate in another phone or Skype interview. Never received a response, guess I was out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University and was invited to the on-campus interview. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and focused mostly on fit and a few technical questions. My interviewer was pleasant and somewhat friendly. He asked the usual questions (why finance/bank of america) plus some questions focused on my accounting/financial knowledge. After a few days I was informed of their decision.