Bank of America

Average Difficulty
2,126 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Haven't discussed this yet.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Interviewing process took about a month. 1.phone interview 2. Group interview. Pretty nerve wrecking, I was in a room with 22 other applicants. 3. Manager interview the same day. 4. Branch manager interview.

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Mortgage Underwriter

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – I received an email from a recruiter located in California. I went to the interview a few minutes late. I knew at that time that I did not have the job. The lady that interviewed me was nice and polite and interviewed me anyway. She then told me that she was from California herself.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions for me. I had been on a few interviews at that time and was used to them. But just to list one, I would have to say the question about tell me your weaknesses. I really hate that one. I use a different reason all the time.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Greenville, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – First there was an online personality test as well as a banking competency test. After that if you perform well they schedule a person to person interview. Normal interview with the addition of a Role play of a day in the life of a personal banker. This is to see if you would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Question – Not any very difficult questions, but the role play was unexpected. But again if you have sales experience and are a good talker it is no problem.   Answer Question

Welcome Calling, New Accounts Specialist II Interview

Welcome Calling, New Accounts Specialist II

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – And dress atleadt buisness casual andBe optimistic take it 1 step at a time try not to be nervous and Be yourself, know some history about the company, be honest, ask them questions too

Interview Question – How are you with talking to irate people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When I worked there the benefits and salary spoke for them selves I advanced quite quickly

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – the initial interivew process is in three different stages a telephone interview, a panel interiview and if you pass that an assesment., If you should pass that you will then meet with a department manager It will take approximately a week

Interview Question – how have you increased sales in your company   Answer Question

HSS Interview

HSS
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details – interviews went back and forth ...the one hand didn't know what the other hand was doing. Finally after 3 months negotiations were complete and started in the middle of the month.

Negotiation Details – long and grueling

Sales & Service Specialist Interview

Sales & Service Specialist
Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter and face-to-face interview with manager. The whole process takes about a month with background checks and fingerprinting etc. Very easy interview with situational and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Litigation Specialist II Interview

Litigation Specialist II
Simi Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Interview was humerus, every question asked came right off website on the top ten interview questions. Why should I hire you? What was your proudest moment? Greatest accomplishment? Difficult situation with coworker and how did you handle? Have you ever been fired?

Interview Question – There was noting it was so lame, interviewer literally read each question scripted from online.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I knew what the job paid as had friends there they pain $24 hr.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online at the Bank of America careers site on a Sunday. The next day I received an email asking me to go to a group interview on Tuesday. On Tuesday I went to the interview location where 11 other people were to be interviewed. The recruiter introduced herself and mentioned how usually it would just be us and her but today we had two guests who were branch managers from different locations. We started off by having the recruiter and two branch managers introduce themselves and then went around the room introducing ourselves. We said our names, why we chose Bank of America, our past experiences, education, and availability. The recruiter then proceeded to talk about Bank of America and the benefits they offer and what they value in the company. We were encouraged to participate in the discussion about Bank of America's values. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back telling us how we did in the group interview. Four people were asked to stay. I was one of those four. The two branch managers had chosen us to do a one on one interview right away. I went to do the one on one interview with a branch manager right away after the group interview was over. I was asked to go into more detail about myself. Where did I go to school, what I had heard about the company, why I would be a good fit for Bank of America, and what experience do I have in sales. I was also asked to role play. I was asked to sell the branch manager a pen. Then I was asked to sell the branch manager a phone plan (my sales experience was phone sales). At the end of the interview the branch manager said he loved my personality and he loved people who were not shy at sales. He said he would love for me to work at this branch and that I would receive a call soon. I was called on Wednesday, the very next day. I was explained the benefits again and was asked for availability and when I could start.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell the pen was probably the most difficult and unexpected task. People don't usually think tellers are selling anything to people, but tellers have to be able to convince people to get a credit card, bank account, or other things related to the bank.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!