Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
2,236 Interview Reviews

2.8

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Pretty standard interview, I did a phone interview, in-person with my boss, then another phone interview with the area manager. Pretty standard questions, nothing I hadn't heard before, pretty laid back. The recruiters were not together during my process. I was shuffled between 3 different recruiters, never knowing who I would get, or what information they had was correct.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult customer interaction you've had, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    No negotiating.

Bank Business Center Manager Interview

Applied online, got an email to ask do online assessment. It was all about behavior questions and easy to answer. Then next day received an email about 2nd online assessment. It took more than one hour to finish it , including five questions about action on different scenarios. It is not difficult and still focus on behavior. Then got a call from a recruiter to arrange an interview with district manager. The interview was with two district managers. The questions were about how you lead and coach your staff.

Interview Questions
    • Role play about how to coach an underperformance personal banker.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied for internship position at one of the career fairs at my college. I got an interview call after 10 days. The interview was a mix of behavioral and technical. There were two interviewers: one looks experienced and other guy looks like a junior guy shadowing the senior interviewer. They asked me about my previous work experience and my interests in my graduate program. Then, they gave me a scenario and asked to design database and write pseudo code for the accessor methods. The senior guy kept me engaged by adding more specs to what I was designing. This part is only for 15 mins. In the later part they asked easier questions like recursive Fibonacci, recursive GCD. After 10 days, they gave an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is easy. They look at candidate's understanding of various languages and ability to code basics in several languages.   Answer Question

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Summer Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

After the online application, you will be asked via email to complete an aptitude test (SHL), then you will be contacted for a phone interview by 2 traders, then you will be personally interviewed by 2 of the directors in the office

Interview Questions
    • Have you bought any financial instrument yourself and why? ( Pitching of your choice)   Answer Question

Consumer Banking MBA Program Interview

First interview was in-person behavioral, second was on the phone and was also behavioral. Third is in person (but I have not attended this one yet). Culture seems very collaborative, creative, and potentially even fun. The people were open and honest and seemed to be genuinely listening to every word I said. I was asked general behavioral questions about a time I led a team, a time I identified and solved a problem, and a time I demonstrated creative ability to come up with a solution.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most creative way you have solved a customer's problem.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Filled out an app online. Was contacted by a recruiter and was asked a series of questions. Took a test and was contacted by the same recruiter to go through more detailed questions. After that, Interviewed with the Vice President of the bank.

Professional Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

A recruiter would contact you by phone and speak with you and ask you abut your other jobs and experiences. Then they would follow up with another phone interview and if the company was interested in you they would schedule a interview with the bank manager. If the bank manager really liked you then they would schedule you with a panel interview at another bank with two other managers and two other bank employees.

Interview Questions
    • They were basically your typical interviewing questions. They also would do scenario situations and ask you how you would handle the situation or what you would do.   Answer Question

Claims Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

After you fill out the application online you're called in for an interview. You interview with one person basically asking about you as a person with a little job history. If you pass that interview you'll know because you have a second interview right after that. After a couple days they'll let you know that pending a fingerprint background check they'll offer you the position. Your scheduled for a fingerprint check and if everything comes back ok you get the offer.

There was no negotiations the pay was given at 15.39

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

Did an on campus interview. It was me and one interviewer. It was a simple behavioral type interview. Take them about two weeks to hear back from. The company really is laid back so the interview was not as up type. The interviewer encouraged me to have notes prepared and look at is as a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you had to weigh your financial decisions that affected a certain part of the targeted market.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
    I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
    So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
    Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
    A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
    At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
    My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed this yet.