Bank of America

Average Difficulty
2,105 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Haven't discussed this yet.

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

Interview Details – Talked to two managers and one peer, got offer next day...not much structure, same questions asked by each person. Purely designed to assess personality traits. Very cursory discussion...if I didn't need the job I would have passed. There is obviously no structure or consistency in their hiring process. Either they like you or they don't.

Interview Question – operational scenarios   View Answer

Negotiation Details – zero negotiation

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – The whole process was very simple. There was an online portion, which consisted of the application and a personality assessment type quiz. Then a phone interview. Then there was a 1-1 with the recruiter. And the last step was an interview with the hiring manager. All in all the process was straight forward and a one track path.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell something to the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online at the Bank of America careers site on a Sunday. The next day I received an email asking me to go to a group interview on Tuesday. On Tuesday I went to the interview location where 11 other people were to be interviewed. The recruiter introduced herself and mentioned how usually it would just be us and her but today we had two guests who were branch managers from different locations. We started off by having the recruiter and two branch managers introduce themselves and then went around the room introducing ourselves. We said our names, why we chose Bank of America, our past experiences, education, and availability. The recruiter then proceeded to talk about Bank of America and the benefits they offer and what they value in the company. We were encouraged to participate in the discussion about Bank of America's values. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back telling us how we did in the group interview. Four people were asked to stay. I was one of those four. The two branch managers had chosen us to do a one on one interview right away. I went to do the one on one interview with a branch manager right away after the group interview was over. I was asked to go into more detail about myself. Where did I go to school, what I had heard about the company, why I would be a good fit for Bank of America, and what experience do I have in sales. I was also asked to role play. I was asked to sell the branch manager a pen. Then I was asked to sell the branch manager a phone plan (my sales experience was phone sales). At the end of the interview the branch manager said he loved my personality and he loved people who were not shy at sales. He said he would love for me to work at this branch and that I would receive a call soon. I was called on Wednesday, the very next day. I was explained the benefits again and was asked for availability and when I could start.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell the pen was probably the most difficult and unexpected task. People don't usually think tellers are selling anything to people, but tellers have to be able to convince people to get a credit card, bank account, or other things related to the bank.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – The first step involved a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited to come in for their group interview. The group interview was pretty structured and straightforward at first, but as it got closer to the end where each general branch manager got to speak one on one with the candidates, it was very clear who was going to get a job offer and who wasn't. There were some of us who were waiting 45 minutes to have our turn at a one on one and not one manager spoke to us. I feel like if they are going to have a one-on-one with their candidates, they should just have the people who are going to have the one-on-ones stay and let everyone else leave. It was incredibly disrespectful to my time and the other candidate's time who had to sit there and wait for 45 minutes only to find out that they won't be interacting with the managers one-on-one at all.

Interview Question – Questions such as "What was your greatest accomplishment" and "Give an example of a time you gave extraordinary customer service" were limited to the first five people.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – i applied online, then i received email for phone interview. after phone interview i received a call for face to face interview. It took all together about 3-4 weeks for whole hiring process.

Customer Service and Sales Specialist II Interview

Customer Service and Sales Specialist II

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

Interview Details – I believe there were 2 interviews. The initial interview was over the phone and the second one was on site. After the interview I shadowed one of the representatives. There was also a skills test.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions per se. I just had difficulty reading my interviewees thoughts on my answers. The questions were the usual. What is your greatest weakness/strength. Talk about a particularly difficult customer etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't think to negotiate the salary. I don't think taht it was negotiable.

Personal Baker Interview

Personal Baker
Lewisville, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was one of the most smooth process I have experienced. the background search and finger prints seem a bit excessive and no drug test was required. The recruiter was outstanding.

Interview Question – None really, it was quite smooth.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was better than expected, they were beyond fair.

Intern Interview

Intern
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014. I was able to apply through college recruiting. I didn't have much finance background, so they didn't ask any technical questions, so much of the interview was aptitude, verbal and logical reasoning and why I wanted to Intern at BA.

. Personally I did use The Ultimate Career Interview App for iOS to learn and prepare for the Bank of America Interview Questions and most of the questions where in the app. For me it was very helpful to see the questions and from then on I prepared my answers.

Interview Question – I would say to anyone that applies at Bank of America just stay calm and try to answers all the questions no matter what in your unique way.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another intern @twitter

Sales & Service Specialist Interview

Sales & Service Specialist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Interview Details – To get into bank, it took a long time. Overall group interview followed by individual interview at specific location where you will be hired. It can take some time between the group interview and the individual.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty basic - why you're applying, where you want to be, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. Wish I had.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!