Bank of America Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
2,150 interviews

2.8

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
    I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
    So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
    Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
    A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
    At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
    My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed this yet.

Technology Developer & AnalystProgram - GWIMT Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

The application process was online. The initial interview was on phone. No technical questions at all on the phone interview.Just very basic questions on personal, academic and professional experience.
    After the phone interview, in about 2-3 days got an email that I was selected for the second round of interview at their main office in new jersey. bofa bears all the expenses for the interview.
    In the face to face interview you can expect some technical questions based on your experience. None of them I knew were asked very difficult questions.
    The questions were basically on the projects and technologies I had mentioned in the resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America.

I filled out an online application on 07/12/14. After the application was completed I received an email containing a link to take the pre-employment virtual bankers test. This is a 1 hour or so long test that includes person to person scenarios and basic banking account cross selling features. Once I completed the assessment I made the assumption I had passed because I received a call from a recruiter the next day. She asked me why I chose Bofa. She then scheduled a group interview for two weeks out. The group interview consisted of an open forum with 12 other prospective employees. The group interview consisted of one question to everyone telling a little bit about our background. After that it was an open forum in which questions were thrown out to everyone and it was our job to be pro active and answer them ourselves. After the three hour interview I went home and received a call from the recruiter stating I had an over the phone interview with the regional sales president for that market. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was the most intense and long phone interview I have ever done. All in all it went excellent as I received a call back 10 minutes after the interview offering me the position. I then had to submit my information for my fingerprints and background check. I was offered the job on 08/4/14 and got the all clear to work on 08/14/14. They even offered me a $1 more than what I requested. All in all the interview process was lengthy and they requested a lot of information but all the recruiters and interviewers were amazing. Very organized and professional. I was informed every step of the way. I cant wait to start working! If you have any questions about the process I am here to help!

Interview Questions
    • During my last phone interview I was given a scenario in which I had to state how I would sell a customer one our products and services if they stated they already banked somewhere else, they felt like their bank treated them more than just a number and clearly stated they did not want to hear about our products and services.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America.

At first it was a group interview, then background check, and finally interview with branch manager.
    the process is pretty easy, and it doesn't take too long sssssss sass ssssss ssssss ssssss ssssss sass

Director Interview

13 years ago I interviewed with 9 people before receiving an offer. Highly competitive interviewing process. Very seriously taken. On-boarding is relatively poor. Warm culture. People go our of their way to help onboard new joiners.

Interview Questions
    Very nice. Well received..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

I worked as a full-time SSS before moving to the PB role. I was told by upper management that there was an open position and asked if I was interested. I submitted an application internally and interviewed with the branch manager (this position was at a different branch than I was at during my SSS role). I then had an interview with the Consumer Market Manager. Overall this took about 3 weeks and I was put into the role about a month later (due to scheduling).

Interview Questions
    • Role Playing. The manager pretends to be a customer with a scenario and you are supposed to sell the "customer" bank products based on the scenario.   View Answer
    Since it was internal, I was offered the highest % raise I was allowed. I accepted.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

The interview process was 5 interviews. Hiring manager, and then separate meetings with four senior leaders who had to then recommend you. The senior leaders focused was on behavioral questions as the hiring manager determines that your skills and abilities are a fit for the job and the culture. Senior leaders are looking for how you fit into the big picture, long term. That is a great opportunity to kick start your reputation.

So be prepared. Know the company. Know the history. Go to founder's hall and take a tour. Take some people to coffee. Understand the phrases they use and thinking they like to see when solving problems. Do the prep work and you will do just fine.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "What is leadership to you?" So that should tell you...for those who prepare, the questions you face are not that difficult.

Another question you might come across is "who is [your name]?" Be prepared to give your "elevator speech" of no more than a short paragraph about who you are, how you create value, and what that value is. Know your niche and why you are good at it.

Some additional prep that will help you: Know what you think about people relationships, how you deal with difficult people, what your strengths are and why, and give examples. Know what it means to step back and help the right person lead in a given a scenario. Take the interview and turn it into a conversation.
        View Answer
    BE CAREFUL with the negotiation. Do not talk about money until they make you a written offer. Then negotiate. Don't give up salary numbers or targets until then. Expect a lowball number and work up from there. This is where your prep really pays off. Know how you will add value once you have the job details. That is your bargaining chip so keep coming back to it.

Vice President Finance Interview

Hiring process is like any other company. There will be one straight interview or multiple interview depending on the job. Hiring process is like any other company. There will be one straight interview or multiple interview depending on the job. Hiring process is like any other company. There will be one straight interview or multiple interview depending on the job.

Personal Banker Interview

Hiring process includeds intervews with several managers and other associates. SOme of the interviews are done in groups then turned into individual interviews with managers and associates. The first interview includes phone interview and an easy sales test

Public Finance Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interviewed on campus and got to final round on-site. The first interview was with a recent graduate with whom I connected pretty well. On-site, I interviewed with five mangers. They did not seem like they prepared for the interview but given their experience, they were able to ask the right questions to see if I was a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What make you a good fit given your unusual college background for the role?   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!