Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
2,597 Interview Reviews

2.8

Professional Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

The initial interview process was terrible. The HR rep emailed me to schedule a phone interview (phone screening). They missed the interview and I got an email later that evening to reschedule. They were late to the reschedule interview. The rep forwarded my info to the hiring branch manager. They spelled her name wrong and I felt so embarrassed for getting a relatively simple name incorrect. The interview was weird. They were workers and employers constantly leaving and coming. They were professional and they provided pertinent info to the job that one might not think to ask such as the dress code, no sitting policy, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Loan Funder Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Went to work through Temp service worked part time for 6 months. Moved to full time and was given perm position. Not much of an interview process was based on my performance as temp.

Fraud Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple and they asked personality like questions. The people giving me the interview were very nice and personable. I did ask them at the end of the interview what advice would they give me and what things can I work on with interviewing. They gave me great feedback that I will definitely use in the future.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

it was a normal interview. had questions that most employers want to know about. interviewer was very friendly and made me feel at ease. believe they have a set of standard questions that are discussed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an employee issue to resolve   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

I applied online, and received a call the next day to set up an in person interview with the branch manager and the market area manager. They were very nice, respectful of time, and easy to talk to. Questions centered totally around sales experience- what have you done, why did you do it, how were you successful, etc. I have worked in similar jobs before so I was able to provide specific sales numbers which was helpful. We also role played a scenario where a customer comes into the branch and how I would add value. I received a call from the recruiter twenty minutes after the interview to set a phone interview with another woman (I did not catch her title). This was very similar to the previous one- we walked through my resume, did a role play scenario, and she asked why I wanted to work for BOA.

Interview Questions

• Role play- current customer's financial picture. What do you present and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a salary offer, and I said that I had other offers on the table of $X. They met me in the middle and I am satisfied with the pay.

Commercial Banking Credit Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

On campus recruiting which led to an in person interview. Second was in local office and various fit questions were asked. Grades were a little shaky so was asked to explain that.

Financial Center Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Overland Park, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

Multiple online assessments, followed by a phone interview with HR, an in-person interview with the Market Manager, and a phone interview with the Area Executive - VP. It was extensive, but fair. It was also thorough, but not redundant. At each stage I was encouraged to ask questions of my own, and there appeared to be a genuine interest in hearing what I had to say. It was a positive process.

Interview Questions

• Please share a time when you were faced with an apathetic employee, and tell me how you handled that situation.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Toms River, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

this site was very helpful to me while my very longgg interview process was taking place... about 6 weeks ago I applied for a banker position. I had a quick phone interview followed by a more depth phone interview a few days later. after that see a recruiter set me up for an interview with the branch manager about a week later. following that interview I waited about 2 more weeks and met with the market manager. That interview lasted about 45 minutes and he made it seem like I had the position. after a week of not hearing anything I contacted the recruiter you asked if I was still being considered for the position. She responded and said that they thought I would be a better fit in the relationship banker role. I asked for feedback and never got a response. A month later the recruiter emailed me asking to go to an open house they were having. I assumed it was for relationship banker roles. When I got there the branch manager and market manager that I already interviewed with were there and wanted to have an additional interview. I was there about 45 minutes and they said they would talk about it and I would hear back from the recruiter. the recruiter contacted me the following day and said the interview went well and that she wanted me to have another interview over the phone with the sales Regional Manager. That interview took place the following day. I finally received an offer the day after that. it was the longest interview process I've ever been through but well worth it at the end.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a unique customer that you were able to help?tell me what your process would be during an account opening?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview and asked technical questions and simple coding questions using SAS and R. The first round of the interview only but consist of two phone interviews with two interviewer from BOA.

Interview Questions

• How many steps needed to find the ball with two pound among all balls with one pound.   1 Answer

Technology Developer and Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I applied through my college's career website and got an interview call within 2 weeks. Around a fifth of the college was invited for first round. First round was telephonic and lasted around 25 minutes. They mostly asked behavioral questions and some very basic technical questions. Most of the people received selection/rejection emails within 2 days. I was on wait-list for second round which got cleared after 2 weeks and I interviewed along with 13 other candidates. It was a set of four interviews one after another, each lasted around 30 minutes. It was purely behavioral. All the interviewers were really friendly. The very next day I received a selection call from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in brief. Then they asked me more about some achievements I have mentioned on my resume.

1. Are there any times where you had a conflict with a superior? If yes, how did you handle it and resolve it?
      2. How do you cope with conflict in the workplace?
      3. Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree and it led you to become bad in front of others eyes.
      4. Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.
      5. Give me an example of when you showed initiative and took the lead.
      6. Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully communicate with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you
      7. When you are working in a group, or preparing for an event, or even going on a trip. Which role you automatically take? Like the leader or the hard worker, the planner etc.
      8. Which thing comes natural to you? out of coding, analysis, leadership?

Answer Question