Bank of America Interview Questions

2,780 Interview Reviews

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Stamford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and got a call for the ph interview confirmation. the HR manager called and it was for about 20 mins. were general basic questions. offered the personal interview immediately and received an email of confirmation in nest 10 mins. it was pretty fast. this all happened in 1 week. going for a personal interview tomorrow. i ll see what ll happen?

Interview Questions

• what was your most recent experience with an irritated customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a hiring manager 3 days later. I got set up for a phone interview where they just asked about my previous job history / experience as well as some scenario questions. I then had a interview with the consumer market manager where I was asked pretty much the same exact questions ended by "why should we hire you?" 2 days later I got the job offered to me where I had a salary offer

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Previous work experience. How would you handle this situation. Few roll plays   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation they paid me what I wanted. 19.24 an hour which come out to a little over 40k base pay

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online. There is a basic test after the application requiring you to do some simple calculations. Then I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview asking how my current skills and experience related to the required tasks of a teller. Then I had an in person interview with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you juggled multiple tasks at once during your job.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

fast and simple. over the phone because I couldn't make it to group interview and then a sit down with Branch Manager for a interview in person. questions were very easy. just prepare yourself for some of the interview questions beforehand. just search up possible teller questions that may be asked or look on Glassdoor. Interview questions are mostly always the same. Be yourself and smile a lot and take a resume with you.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Entirely over the phone, there were three rounds of interviews. First was with the hiring manager and the second was with potential teammates. I had a final interview with the person that would be my two up manager. They painted an accurate picture of what my expectations should be and what I could expect back from them. I was given an offer a day after my final interview and was allowed the weekend to consider it over. They did not negotiate the salary, but did negotiate in a few additional days of PTO as my first six months would have me separated from my family by thousands of miles. They did not offer relocation assistance which almost killed the deal.

Interview Questions

• Asked for examples of past projects, Asked how to deal with conflicting priorities, teams and people that miss deadlines, unclear requirements, strengths, weaknesses. This was also back in 2005 and unique (not HR driven) to the team I interviewed with.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR).

Interview

One 30 minute interview on campus. Applied through campus recruiting online and heard within a week about signing up for an interview. 1-1 interview with manager of division. Was contacted within two weeks of the interview by a recruiter and was extended an offer. I was surprised only one interview was necessary, especially for this technical of a position.

Interview Questions

• mostly personality type questions and then some accounting based analysis questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was extended an offer, no negotiation on salary. Was offered a moving stipend.

Process Support/Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Pretty solid. Managers are knowledgeable and to the point. They were professional and did not intimidate while they interviewed me, therefore the interview was going smoothly. Since i knew about the process a lot already it did not go bad and i was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Contacted to take an online assessment, contacted to have group interview, but couldn't make it due to death of a close friend, funeral, etc. so they did a phone interview in lieu of group interview. Went to meet managers for interview. Interestingly enough they weren't there. I spoke with a teller at the location I was told to go to who happened to know the hiring manager, they contacted them for me and gave me the correct bank location this time. Interviewed in person, standard stuff, I wore a shirt and tie, brought a few copies of my resume in plastic presentation folders, etc. Interviewed with 2 managers simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a customer and went above and beyond to help them.   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by one in-person interview. The entire process took about two weeks. The difficulty of the process was relatively easy to average. The telephone interview was just a screening which was not hard and the in-person interview was a very average interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work history and how that will help with this job?; What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

1. recruiter calls first
    2. Met with HR- got hired on the spot! Got my fingerprints done at different location, background , etc...got a call a few days later with offer.