Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
2,231 Interview Reviews

2.8

Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied for internship position at one of the career fairs at my college. I got an interview call after 10 days. The interview was a mix of behavioral and technical. There were two interviewers: one looks experienced and other guy looks like a junior guy shadowing the senior interviewer. They asked me about my previous work experience and my interests in my graduate program. Then, they gave me a scenario and asked to design database and write pseudo code for the accessor methods. The senior guy kept me engaged by adding more specs to what I was designing. This part is only for 15 mins. In the later part they asked easier questions like recursive Fibonacci, recursive GCD. After 10 days, they gave an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is easy. They look at candidate's understanding of various languages and ability to code basics in several languages.   Answer Question

Consumer Banking MBA Program Interview

First interview was in-person behavioral, second was on the phone and was also behavioral. Third is in person (but I have not attended this one yet). Culture seems very collaborative, creative, and potentially even fun. The people were open and honest and seemed to be genuinely listening to every word I said. I was asked general behavioral questions about a time I led a team, a time I identified and solved a problem, and a time I demonstrated creative ability to come up with a solution.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most creative way you have solved a customer's problem.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Filled out an app online. Was contacted by a recruiter and was asked a series of questions. Took a test and was contacted by the same recruiter to go through more detailed questions. After that, Interviewed with the Vice President of the bank.

Professional Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

A recruiter would contact you by phone and speak with you and ask you abut your other jobs and experiences. Then they would follow up with another phone interview and if the company was interested in you they would schedule a interview with the bank manager. If the bank manager really liked you then they would schedule you with a panel interview at another bank with two other managers and two other bank employees.

Interview Questions
    • They were basically your typical interviewing questions. They also would do scenario situations and ask you how you would handle the situation or what you would do.   Answer Question

Claims Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

After you fill out the application online you're called in for an interview. You interview with one person basically asking about you as a person with a little job history. If you pass that interview you'll know because you have a second interview right after that. After a couple days they'll let you know that pending a fingerprint background check they'll offer you the position. Your scheduled for a fingerprint check and if everything comes back ok you get the offer.

There was no negotiations the pay was given at 15.39

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

Did an on campus interview. It was me and one interviewer. It was a simple behavioral type interview. Take them about two weeks to hear back from. The company really is laid back so the interview was not as up type. The interviewer encouraged me to have notes prepared and look at is as a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you had to weigh your financial decisions that affected a certain part of the targeted market.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
    I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
    So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
    Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
    A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
    At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
    My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed this yet.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

The interview process with Bank of America began with passing an online bank assessment, Recruiter phone interview, two onsite one on one, and finally a phone interview with a Sales Performance Manager. All Managers were tentative and friendly. All facilities need some updated interior improvements, to allow for customers to feel more welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions amongst each branch were the same. " What motivates you", " Tell me about a memorable experience when you..........., what was the call to action......what was the final outcome..... Role play as well.   View Answer

Banking Center Manager II Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank of America.

initial interview with the recruiter followed by an online assessment. After passing that you go on to interviewing with the market manager and area executive. Then you have to go through an extensive background check and employment verification.

Interview Questions
    • pretty straight forward questions, comparable to other companies hiring for similar positions   Answer Question
    The initial offer was more than generous, i did negotiate once and they came back a little higher. i accepted the offer after that.

GWIM Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through university website. First round of interviews on campus, two 30 min interviews focusing on resume. Second rounds at Hopewell NJ campus (three 30 minute interviews). Interviewers were interested in finding out why I wanted BofA and why I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What is one negative thing one of your previous managers or leaders would have to say about you?   Answer Question