Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
2,173 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
    I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
    So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
    Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
    A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
    At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
    My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed this yet.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

It was a standard interview format: Phone screening, then Interviewed with district manager in person, then manager in person, then was scheduled for a final phone interview with sales and performance manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a strategy you applied to increase sales revenue.   View Answer

Test Design/Analytics Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America.

straight forward interview process with multiple interviews via the phone and in person with human resources and management. you have to be able to sell yourself and provide deals on your experience that relates to the job you posted for.

Interview Questions
    • nothing too difficult just do your research on the company   Answer Question

Customer Service and Sales Specialist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2012.

.Go on line to apply. There will be an on line assessment to see if you are customer centric. Then you will be contacted by a recruiter. A phone interview is set up with some role playing. If you pass then you will attend a group interview. From there if you are selected an HR rep will call you to make formal offer the process can take 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you are the best candidate to work at Bank of America?   View Answer
    Pretty basic, just research the pay for your position and geographic area.

Personal Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2013.

Give them your CV and cover letter, show up your experience, your ability in target job. After that they will ask you about your plan after graduation. Why you prefer this job. I have focused to my friend, my relative who could be come potential customer in the future that i could bring to BOA. They were very interesting and ask me to join BOA

Interview Questions
    • What could you do if customer dont use english to communicate with you?   View Answer
    Talk about your salary, show up why you want this and how much you could earn for company

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2013.

Team interview with manager and analysts, questions and answers about methodology, technology and skill sets. Explored Use Cases with different scenarios across a number of business areas like originations, servicing, default, and statement processing.

Interview Questions
    • Team's articulation of the job requirements   View Answer
    Simple

Teller Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

First off, I applied online for a full time position. I believed I applied midnight on a Wednesday or Thursday?

Secondly, the next day, Friday, I received an email for an online assessment test at 4:50pm. It wasn't hard at all. It tests you on your listening skills and your counting skills. If you pass, they'll contact you within a few days. If you don't, I believe they'll email you a notification that you didn't pass.

Thirdly, I was contacted by a recruiter on Tuesday after I submitted my assessment test on Friday. It was a short phone interview which consisted of basic interview questions. Like "Why Bank Of America" "This position is a full time position are you able to do it" & so on. After that she asked me when I would like to set up an interview date with the branch manager and manager. About an hour or two hour later, she called back confirming an interview date and time for me.

Then after the phone interview, I was emailed a background application and I must fill it out before going in for my interview.

My interview was scheduled the next day and it's was a one on one. I was basically interviewed by both managers. Basic questions and I did one role play. I'm almost positive that I impressed the branch manager with my role play because he was shocked with how well I played it. (Thank you glassdoor) The interview was only 15mins. Not so long as I thought it would be.

NOW, this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART. For some reasons this background application wants you to put in your address from the last TEN YEARS. I moved a lot growing up & I could hardly remember my addresses. Not only that but it requires you to also fill out your employment from the last 5 years.

If you aren't truthful about your education, employers, or addresses, you may be disqualified. The form you fill out must match your background check when they run the background check on you. If it comes out unsatisfactory (like me) then you'll expect an email informing you that you will not move on.

Now, the only reason why I probably failed it is because I got frustrated filling out that form and I hardly remember the addresses that I resided in the last 10 years.

The recruiter does call you to confirm if everything's correct on the form before he submits it and send it, but I was at school. & like I said, I don't remember my addresses from 10 years ago.

Now after all that chaotic process, wait two days to see if you'll receive a call or an email.

Lock Box Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Went to interview with 2 people. Just asked about my experience. If you have experience at a production company, you will be fine. No promotions before a year. They mention you have to work on Sundays and they were very polite. Sat at a round table with 2 people asking questions from a piece of paper.

Interview Questions
    • If you could give us one word to remember you by, what would it be.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The pay was 11.30 and within 2 months got a cost of living raise to 12 05.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2013.

i applied online, phone interview with recruiter, second phone interview group interview and offer made. there will be whole bunch of branch managers who will interview you and they will pick best candidate based on on their location exprience and personality

Interview Questions
    they did not want to negotiate recruiters try to low ball you.

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Once you apply online, there was a 3 month turnaround time before hearing from a recruiter who did a review over the phone. Afterwards they told me I wasn't qualified for the position and offered to put me on a wait list for a lower position. Called me back a few weeks later saying I was better qualified than other applicants and an offer was finally made. Altogether, it was about a 4 month process from start to hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle multiple urgent tasks while providing customer service.   Answer Question
    A bit of salary.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!