Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
2,168 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
    I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
    So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
    Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
    A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
    At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
    My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed this yet.

Lock Box Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Went to interview with 2 people. Just asked about my experience. If you have experience at a production company, you will be fine. No promotions before a year. They mention you have to work on Sundays and they were very polite. Sat at a round table with 2 people asking questions from a piece of paper.

Interview Questions
    • If you could give us one word to remember you by, what would it be.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The pay was 11.30 and within 2 months got a cost of living raise to 12 05.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2013.

i applied online, phone interview with recruiter, second phone interview group interview and offer made. there will be whole bunch of branch managers who will interview you and they will pick best candidate based on on their location exprience and personality

Interview Questions
    they did not want to negotiate recruiters try to low ball you.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

It was a standard interview format: Phone screening, then Interviewed with district manager in person, then manager in person, then was scheduled for a final phone interview with sales and performance manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a strategy you applied to increase sales revenue.   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

It was a longer process than I expected and involved a lot of questions. It was mostly dealing with my retail/face-to-face experience with customers. Bank Tellers now are more of a "soft sale" position so they like sales experience. The manager put me through many role-playing situations that most tellers would experience...it was pretty nerve-racking but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Why Bank of America? Why not any other bank?...this one caught me off-guard.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. The pay was fixed according to my understanding.

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Once you apply online, there was a 3 month turnaround time before hearing from a recruiter who did a review over the phone. Afterwards they told me I wasn't qualified for the position and offered to put me on a wait list for a lower position. Called me back a few weeks later saying I was better qualified than other applicants and an offer was finally made. Altogether, it was about a 4 month process from start to hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle multiple urgent tasks while providing customer service.   Answer Question
    A bit of salary.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Interview with hiring manager, asked a lot of questions about experience and what would be brought to the company and how different situations would be handled if faced with difficult situations.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2014.

Had an initial phone screen with HR, followed by two rounds of in-person interviews with the hiring manager and senior team members. The questions were not overly technical and were mostly related to personality and fit. HR was very open and accessible during the early part of the process. Was asked for references and told a decision would be communicated shortly after the final round interview. Never heard back from anyone after that. Somewhat disappointing given their persistence and proactivity early on.

Interview Questions
    • What would your boss say about you if I called him right now?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America.

I got an email inviting me to a hiring event. The email included a link to a website that wouldn't open on my computer. I responded to the email and explained that, and HR signed me up for the event.

I showed up 15 minutes early, and went in to the B.o.A. office 5 minutes early for my time slot (6:30pm). I, along with 6 other applicants were checked in, and then brought to a conference room where we were left to fill out a one page questionnaire. About 10 minutes in, 5 applicants were called into another room. More were brought in shortly after that.

About an hour after I showed up, I and 4 others were brought to another conference room, where we were met by two managers. Every applicant was asked the same questions (I think there were 4 of them). There were a couple of questions about previous experiences with selling products to customers and dealing with customers in general, and a couple of role-play questions ("I'm cashing a check..."). They briefly explained about the position and the company, and asked us if we had any questions for them. We were told that we would hear back from them soon, and escorted out.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing questions are always difficult, but even more so when you're the last one of 5 to get the same situation. In this case, I listened to 4 other people respond to the interviewer "coming in to cash a paycheck with no account at B.o.A., even though I come in every week to cash my paychecks". And I was asked before I started to try to make sure that I didn't just copy what everyone else had said.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2012.

The mgmt will mainly focus in one area, CUSTOMER SERVICE, be prepare what you had done from the past and now. CUSTOMER service is the key to get hire, not sales.

Interview Questions
    Base on the XP and bilingual, I think I should be paid more than this offer.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!