Bank of America

Updated Nov 19, 2014
2,298 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

An hr recruiter called me and gave me an phone interview (15 min). Then two days later I went to the branch and had an interview with only the branch manager. A few days later the hr recruiter called back and offered me the job. The interview process was very easy just make sure that you do your research and relax yourself an being yourself is key

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What brought you to our company? How did you handle a difficult customer? Simple questions   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

More behavioral than anything else. Wanted to get a sense of having somewhat of a quantitative background (either academic or professional) but otherwise it was behavioral. They preferred people with a risk and p&l background which I had so that aligned well.

Interview Questions
    • Can you talk about large US banks' debt footprints since 2008?   Answer Question
    Not willing to negotiate much on base salary. Got additional $5K through negotiations.

Bank of America Teller Interview

I applied and got a call about a few days later. I had a phone interview and that went well. They scheduled me for another phone interview the next week.

Interview Questions
    • How long did you work at your former job? Why did you leave? How much did they pay you?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Had five interviews with nine people in their San Francisco office. Basic interview questions such as my strengths, and weaknesses, and discussing my resume with them. Some interviewers were more relaxed while some grilled me with series of financial questions. Most technical questions were opinion based, the importance was placed on my thought process in backing up my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Had to explain how Capital Expenditures would be affected if a company had no net income.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Analyst Interview

I was originally brought in as a three month temp for Countrywide in 2002. Near the end of the assignment I asked the manager what my chances would be in getting hired; she told me it was good. I completed the application and met with the same manager for a formal interview. We discussed my performance from the past three months and what my new duties would entail; I was initially brought in as a procedure writer. The interview was a short and unique process since the manager was able to judge my performance, and communicate with others I had been working with.

Interview Questions
    • In all honesty I do not remember, because of the nature of the initial work relationship, and also it was so long ago.   Answer Question

Tech Developer and Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Met the recruiter at a SWE conference and gave her my resume. A week later, I got an email inviting me to the "Final Round" of interviews to be held in New York, all expenses paid.
    Interview format was Technical Case Study, followed by three 30-minute interviews, back to back.
    You got a 30 minute study period to read the case study and then 10-15 mins to present it, with the interviewer asking you questions for the remaining time. The other interviews were all mostly technical interviews with the standard questions (binary trees, fibonacci sequence, overloading vs. overriding, determining if there is a cycle in a linked list, one brainteaser)
    Make sure you know what you put on your resume. They won't ask you about things you don't know, however.
    My last interviewer was extremely unprofessional and didn't know that O(n) == O(2n) etc and questioned me aggressively about the solution to the brainteaser even though it was a standard well-known brainteaser.

Interview Questions
    • Case study interviewers completely abandoned the case study and started asking technical questions after a few minutes.   Answer Question

Cash Vault Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Got a reference from current employee. Submitted my resume straight to HR. About a month afterwards got called in for Typing and 10key testing. Within a week got called for interview and tour of the work place. A couple days later I got called by an HR rep with an offer. I accepted and then went to a day training.

Interview Questions
    • How do you personally cope during very stressful/hard times?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bank of America.

I met the manager at a local coffee shop. He was very nice, very professional. I enjoyed his relaxed personality and truly seemed to take the time to get to know what kind of person I am.

Average Finance Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

The person from human rights contacted me and got me to come to an interview the same week. I meet with the analysts, the manager and then managing directors through a two week process. Then, I was called back with an offer. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just average knowledge of the industry.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Lame. Recruiters were terrible and very unorganized. First a phone call, then a very simple group interview, then a final interview with a manager. It took about 4 weeks for BOA to get it together. Recruiters disappeared and I had to hunt them down to get my offer letter and start date. 90% of communication was done via email. Very impersonal, just like the company.

None.