Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
2,205 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
    I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
    So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
    Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
    A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
    At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
    My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed this yet.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Bank of America.

My experience was different than most. I was sought after. However I was promised things that were not true. I was promised things that could not happen. My interview was a walk around the office. Filling out the application, shown my desk.

Others under a different manager, a manager with far less skill, who hired far less talented people, memorized a script, didn't care about former managerial experience, wanted only "yes men" and whom would be beholden to him.

I got the highest comp possible but was less by 2/3 than what I had previously made.

Teller Interview

Applied online, was sent an automated email that said someone would reach out, then phone interview, group interview, followed by an interview with the managers at branch. The whole process took a few months from initial online application

Interview Questions
    • It seemed like the most important need for the branch was a translater   Answer Question

Professional Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Initial Interview- Group setting all applicants in a conference room. Managers come in call each applicant in one-by-one. interview with regional managers.

Then wait a couple months and receive a call on wether you got the job or not.

Intern Interview

This interview process was a very pleasing experience. The interviewers were all very nice and made me feel comfortable. They didn't attack me with questions and they just truly want to get to know me better.

Teller Interview

3 weeks process: Phone -> 1-on-1 ->Then Wait for offer, phone interview are fine. 1-on-1 is the most important one, gotta prepare really well for that and also role play is really hard. Tip: be passionate, smile all the time, don't afraid of rejection

Financial Advisor Interview

It was a Basic behavioral interview, was recruited on-campus through the career website. The interview took about 30 minutes. They seemed like Very nice people and a good company. Be prepared with questions.

Hedge Fund Analyst Interview

I was recommended by an individual I knew and was contacted within a few weeks from the division I was interviewing for at Bank of America. Had four interviews. All great people. I heard back within a week after my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or tricky in the interview process. They wanted to get to know me and why I wanted to join their team   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I turned in my form online on a friday and I received a call back from the corporate the following monday. I was asked to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, there was a person who was in charge of the whole group interview process and a few branch managers. Everything in the group interview was basic.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was when they asked me what is my greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America.

I received a call too come in for an in person interview. The interview was easy enough. My interviewer was a person a worked with as a phone banker 10 years ago. I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my previous work history, example of working through difficult situation with customer.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!