Bank of America

Updated Dec 21, 2014
2,357 Interview Reviews

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Thy ar fairly quick about reaching out to set up interviews. First they will do a phone interview with the recruiter to determine of you meet the basic qualifications. If you do, then they'll send you to a group panel interview with area managers as well as branch manager (usually 4-5 total). This panel interview is where you need to make yourself stand out. Share your successes, how you've exceeded expectations and your general business acumen. They are looking for strong sales people, banking experience helps, but as long as you can sell, they will teach you the banking part. Also I've prepared to ask them questions because that always helps. After the panel interview you may go to individual branch managers for one on one interview before an offer is made. The recruiter will call you and let you know.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to be successful in the event you aren't given goals?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

2 managers asked question. first person asked more work related questions all typical as in why i want to work for them and so on. the second person was more personal questions about what i like to do on my off time and if i volunteer

Teller Interview

Internal posting, got call from recruiter process took two weeks,set up interview with hiring manager, interviewed with two people. Offered position after one week of prior interview.Was offered position. Accepted and training was for 6 weeks

Banking Center Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online 1 month later emailed to take personality assessment. Passed then asked to take online management situational assessment. Contacted the next day to set up phone interview w/recruiter. She asked salary requirements and past employment questions. After that set up with panel interview with branch manager and 2 regional managers.

Global Wealth and Investment Management Interview

Phone interview- pretty standard questions. tell me about yourself, and what you are up to currently. Didn't feel as much as an interview as it was really just trying to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • what specifically is it about global wealth that you are interested in?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

First after taking the assessment test they set up a phone Interview with the recruiter and if they think your a good fit you will get an 1 on 1 interview with Branch Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Here sell this to me. It can be anything like a notepad or whatever is around and you have to explain benefits.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Fast Process, had two phone screens and then was flown out to New York for Superday. Long Super day. there were two groups of canadites each with about six to eight applicants. Had 4 interviews, three were one on ones and the other was a two on one. Met with people in various groups and different levels. Half were more of just an intro since they were hiring for there latin american group specifically and I was not a fit for that group. the other was purely behaviorial and fit type questions. Very interested in past experience and motivation for wanting to work in credit. The two on one was very technical and asked about industries and companies you found interesting. Never got a response from them.

Interview Questions
    • Choose a company or industry and how would an increase in oil prices and how would it effect the company   Answer Question

Banking Center Assistant Manager Interview

You first fill out application online.take an assessment test, then meet with the market manager, then if you are like you move on to interviewing with the banking center manager

Salary was.great

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through college, heard back in 3 days that I got a on-campus interview the following week. It was mostly random questions, not even related to investment banking, market or my previous internship. Initially I thought that's probably just because I've done nothing finance related so the interviewer chose to exclude the technical questions, but then everyone else had the more or less similar experience. The interviewer was really nice though. I felt kinda clueless during the interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

The process took two weeks. Got phone interview first and then had an on site interview with the branch manager. The whole process went pretty smooth. Nothing was extremely hard. Questions were: Why should we hire you as a financial advisor? What is your five year plan look like in Bank of America?

No negotiation.