Bank of America

2.8

Fulfillment Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

The interview process took place over the phone

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was comfortable using a paperless system.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Very hard interview, you really need to know your stuff. I will worked harder and try again.

Diversity Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2009.

I was interviewed several times on the phone and then flown in for person to person interviews all day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Ive worked for Bank Of America for over 3 years now and applied for a personal banking position outside of my market. Took the assessment (it's a ridiculous personality assessment) passed that. Got a call a week later from a recruiter to set up an interview at a banking center. As soon as I was told the banking center I would be interviewing at I knew I wasn't going to get the job (I had interview there previously for the same position). Showed up to the interview 15 minutes early as told and ended up waiting for the branch to open. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and as before I sensed some negativity towards me right off the bat. Was asked some pretty tough questions that I'm not sure even my AM would know about market goals or other markets goals. I was asked why I was "switching" markets and was somewhat offended by the question because I think that it shouldn't matter what market I am in or what market I'm applying to. They asked me to role play with them and I felt uncomfortable doing that because of the attitude of the manager. Got an e-mail about an hour later saying I was no longer being considered and more qualified candidates were being considered. I called the recruiter to give feedback but never got an answer. To be honest I thought about not showing up for the interview based on the manager that was interviewing me.I had been told before my first interview that she is sexist and does not like to hire men. I'm not sure if that is true or not but I did get that vibe from her. I was very prepared for the interview but felt as if the manager had made a decision before the interview even started.

Interview Questions
    • What are the goals of your market? Why are you changing markets?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

phone call from multiple developers/managers. Very poor indian english with questions that are not related to the position. They wont tell you what they are looking for and how you feel about the position. It took them about an hour to interview me and I had the feeling that they were looking for something I dont know. Finally they found Linq after telling them that I have no linq experience they still kept asking 5-6 questions about linq. Very poor interviewing skills.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

After submitting my job application in their website, an e-mail was sent for me to complete a test. It was a series of transaction questions, day to day scenarios and multiple options related to my behavior. A couple of weeks later, a recruiter called me asking if I was still available and interested in a PB position at BofA. After a few minutes she said she'll schedule a phone interview for me to continue the hiring process. Another recruiter contacted me via phone a few days later. She went through my complete Resume, and asked me challenging questions. Then, I was scheduled to meet with the Manager of the Branch I was going to be working for. That interview was pleasant. The next day, the District Manager interviewed me via phone. Three days later, the Regional Sales Manager called me for a brief on the phone interview. The same day I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    I had being offered from $38K to $40K by the first recruiter, but the day I got my offer, this last recruiter said that I was offered $1K more than what they start PB at ($35K). She offered me $36K per year. I told her what her college had mentioned initially. She went back to request a reconsideration on my behalf, and called me with the good news of a final offer of $38K per year plus commission, which I accepted.

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Bank of America definitely takes their hiring process very serious and be prepared for an extensive process. I will say it is worth it in the end!

It begins with the initial application. Then there is the initial assessment which is the general personality type test. If you pass, then there is the live environment coaching simulations. There is 24 hours between each assessment. If you pass this then there is an initial screening with a recruiter who asks pay etc and then sets up an interview with a recruiter who only handles leadership/manager interviews, about a week between the interviews. After this interview you are generally interviewed by the Market Manager (Area manager), but since my market manager was on vacation I was interviewed by the BCM. The BCM (branch manager) interviewed me and I believed I did well and was referred to the the Market Manager, once again a week between the interviews. The Market Manager interviewed me and then a week later an interview with the Performance Manager of the branches. Three days later I was called with an offer. I was given the pay I requested after much negotation, which wasn't an easy process. The process overall was 1.5-2 months long.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you for this job given your lack of background in this field?   View Answer
    Very difficult. They don't want to negotiate. In the end I got what I asked for, but after a very tough negotiation. THEY HAVE TO WANT YOU TO GIVE YOU THE PAY YOU TRULY WANT-at least in my opinion.

**Please note that the background check for this industry is very extensive**

Customer Service and Sales Specialist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Recruitment is very automated with not much human element until they make the offer. This was a panel interview with 2 managers. They will ask you questions about how you would handle particular situations, previous sales experience, call volume, irate customers, a particular accomplishment.

Interview Questions
    • You will be required to sell a pen at your interview. I mean it!!! They will walk away for a couple of minutes and come back and you will have to articulate the sell of the pen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I filled out an online application on 07/12/14. After the application was completed I received an email containing a link to take the pre-employment virtual bankers test. This is a 1 hour or so long test that includes person to person scenarios and basic banking account cross selling features. Once I completed the assessment I made the assumption I had passed because I received a call from a recruiter the next day. She asked me why I chose Bofa. She then scheduled a group interview for two weeks out. The group interview consisted of an open forum with 12 other prospective employees. The group interview consisted of one question to everyone telling a little bit about our background. After that it was an open forum in which questions were thrown out to everyone and it was our job to be pro active and answer them ourselves. After the three hour interview I went home and received a call from the recruiter stating I had an over the phone interview with the regional sales president for that market. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was the most intense and long phone interview I have ever done. All in all it went excellent as I received a call back 10 minutes after the interview offering me the position. I then had to submit my information for my fingerprints and background check. I was offered the job on 08/4/14 and got the all clear to work on 08/14/14. They even offered me a $1 more than what I requested. All in all the interview process was lengthy and they requested a lot of information but all the recruiters and interviewers were amazing. Very organized and professional. I was informed every step of the way. I cant wait to start working! If you have any questions about the process I am here to help!

Interview Questions
    • During my last phone interview I was given a scenario in which I had to state how I would sell a customer one our products and services if they stated they already banked somewhere else, they felt like their bank treated them more than just a number and clearly stated they did not want to hear about our products and services.   View Answer

Mobile Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2011.

Was contacted by Bank of America directly for a position they had and went through the process. It was laborious and took over 6 weeks. Several phone interviews and 3 1:1 - traditional type interviews. Had a required one from the executive who was late; cancelled twice and then didn't get my name right.

The background check was a nightmare. Although it ended up nothing on it, HR lost my paperwork sent to the FBI and no one would follow-up because of confidentiality. I had actually started my job search again.

Ended up with the position based on the remote work allowed but regret it now. The problems with the interview process has continued into the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any challenging questions. Although I researched new technologies and was prepared for those questions, they never were asked.   View Answer