Bank of America

2.8

Fulfillment Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

The interview process took place over the phone

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was comfortable using a paperless system.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Very hard interview, you really need to know your stuff. I will worked harder and try again.

Diversity Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2009.

I was interviewed several times on the phone and then flown in for person to person interviews all day.

Mobile Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2011.

Was contacted by Bank of America directly for a position they had and went through the process. It was laborious and took over 6 weeks. Several phone interviews and 3 1:1 - traditional type interviews. Had a required one from the executive who was late; cancelled twice and then didn't get my name right.

The background check was a nightmare. Although it ended up nothing on it, HR lost my paperwork sent to the FBI and no one would follow-up because of confidentiality. I had actually started my job search again.

Ended up with the position based on the remote work allowed but regret it now. The problems with the interview process has continued into the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any challenging questions. Although I researched new technologies and was prepared for those questions, they never were asked.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Extremely long over complicated process , first applied online received a phone call next day,scheduled interview for 2 weeks later (first available), then did group panel interview which lasted 2 hours, then was called with an offer 1 week later. A week later received fingerprint instructions, then a week later they finally ran my background. Then gave me a date to take my identification into the branch.

Interview Questions

Due to the extremely rude treatment from the Mgr and A.Mgr at the branch location when I submitted my paperwork; and going through 1.5 hours of unpaid training, seeing them send away clients with money because their lunch date was waiting. I did not want to work in such an unprofessional setting.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

I applied on line for a personal banker and was emailed an assessment test to complete. About two weeks later I received a call to set up a phone interview. Had the first phone interview (with national recuiter) and she set me up for another phone interview for the next day (with the regional recuiter). The regional recuiter then set me up for an in person inview (with the Branch Manager) for five day later. Well I just got back from the interview with the Branch Manager and I must said that I have never had an interview with a more boring person.They have you believe that they are looking for a customer service person with sale background. Which I have over 10 years of customer service with the sales background. I think this is what the corporate may want, but this Branch Manager had no idea what a sale is. She told me that she only ever worked at that bank, since high school (she was 30). She was very aloof about the position and had no idea what questions to ask. I am sure that my happy congenial personality would not have been a good fit. This interview was a waste of my time.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2011.

I had been referred to a manager at the Bank of America corporate office in Charlotte, NC by a recruiter friend for a marketing position. The position had not officially been posted. The department manager contacted me via email and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for the position. Due to timing, we were not able to schedule a meeting for several months as other priorities required the manager to postpone the interview several times. Finally, the manager scheduled an interview but asked me to meet him at a branch that was a couple hours away because that is where he was going to be for the day. Fifteen minutes before the scheduled interview, after knowing that I had to drive two hours to get to that branch, he sent me a text message stating his child was sick and he had to leave to go pick him up from school. I replied letting him know that I was two blocks away from the branch, but he stated he had already left. I never rescheduled the interview after that.

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2012.

Applied online, received call from HR a couple of weeks after for a basic phone screening, set up for actual interview during the same call. A week later interviewed with local analyst manager along with V.P. of underwriting. Consisted of personal and resume based discussion, knowledge of position/field, customer service/communication oriented topics, and most importantly a case-study. They explained the case-study, gave me thirty minutes to complete, then asked me to explain conclusions to them.

Interview Questions
    Upon offer I was given only one day to consider, as per my request. I did not negotiate.

Training Specialist Interview

Long & arduous - I had 6 separate interviews, felt like it would never end.

Interview Questions
    • None in particular, just hard to remain refresh across so many interviews.   Answer Question
    I graciously requested more salary, and we came to terms.

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Individual Presentation - stock pitch/portfolio pitch
    Group Presentation - corporate responsibility group project followed by short presentation
    Individual Interviews x2 - competency and technical
    Maths test - interactive on screen, very pressured for time