Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
2,612 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in April 2015.

Interview

Very direct / up front / no secrets. Brought in a s a group to review video of basic job requirements then brought individually to interview one on one. Knowledgeable person doing my interview / very personable and knew the position

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Well thought out questions and dialogue. Not a canned interview with robotic type questioning and mood. Very comfortable atmosphere. Very direct in explaining the role and requirements. I appreciated hearing about the true challenges in play for the organization as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background - not the detailed version, but the version applicable to the job description. Where do you consider your greatest strength? (Note - "Where", not "What")   Answer Question

Vice President - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Ronkonkoma, Suffolk, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America (Lake Ronkonkoma, Suffolk, NY).

Interview

My interview process was completely over the phone. Initially it was my manager that screened me, followed by a second call with the rest of the team. They fired technical questions at me, and I answered them. I was then asked if I had any questions about the role. My position is interesting because of the geographical dispersement of my team. Nearly everyone in the group works from home, thus they phone interviews. A lot of what they were looking for was both my technical abilities and my ability to communicate and blend with the rest of the team.

AML Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about a contract opportunity with Bank of America as a Business Analyst in the AML division. A face to face interview was set up with the hiring manager that took 45 minutes. I was extended an offer within a few days.

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via Linked In. Next day did a phone screening with the recruiter and she asked me about my current job, etc. I was then asked to take 2 assessments, one was a simulation of hypothetical role plays online, and the other was a standard assessment which asked mainly behavioral questions. I was then moved on to a face to face interview with a Consumer Market Manager and was asked to role play in the interview. She gave me a scenario and basically asked me what I would do in the scenario.

Interview Questions

• Who is the top talent at my current job and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. You first need to create a candidate profile online and pass a pre-employment assessment specific to the position. Then a recruiter will call you for a phone screening prior to an interview with a banking center manager. After that, you'll have a final interview with a consumer market manager(CMM).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled an irate customer and resolved an issue or a concern.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Long painful process for a underpaid job. Only good thing are the hours. 830 to 430 during the weekDays. But totally underpaid and so many demanding tasks. I asked the manager if they were understaffed and why the teller position opened up. She said because people were moving up. First month there they fired someone and moved someone else to another banking center leaving the center I was in understaffed and completely overwhemed for the rest of us.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I submitted the application with a short assessment. I was contacted via phone, with two phone interviews. After that I had an in person interview with a banking center manager from another location. Once i had the green light from him I had another phone interview with the assistant manager from the branch I applied for.

Client Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is very smooth. They are very professional and are quick to respond. Everyone from the HR representative to the hiring managers were straightforward and didn't hide anything from you.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences have made you a suitable candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I I I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online. Recruiter called within days and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was brought in for a face to face about a week later.