Bank of America

Average Difficulty
2,142 candidate interviews

Public Finance Analyst Interview

Public Finance Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus and got to final round on-site. The first interview was with a recent graduate with whom I connected pretty well. On-site, I interviewed with five mangers. They did not seem like they prepared for the interview but given their experience, they were able to ask the right questions to see if I was a good fit.

Interview Question – What make you a good fit given your unusual college background for the role?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the job--and completed the thorough online assessment--about a month before I was actually contacted by anyone. I'd assumed I'd been dropped from consideration, but was shortly contacted for a phone interview and then, having done well, immediately referred to do an in-person interview. The first interview was expected to take 25 minutes, but took an hour--a good sign! I got a callback later that afternoon to do a second interview at a different location within the network. That interview was much more brief, and the manager let me know to expect an answer in about a week's time. However, I got the dreaded vague-rejection-email from the recruiter the very next morning. I'm not completely surprised by this: I got smacked with the word "overqualified" during the interview and expect that they chose someone who was less of a flight risk.

Interview Question – They got a prop out and had me simulate a sale of a new credit card with one of the assistant managers.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Hiring process includeds intervews with several managers and other associates. SOme of the interviews are done in groups then turned into individual interviews with managers and associates. The first interview includes phone interview and an easy sales test

Interview Question – someone asked me to sell him a pen   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service and Sales Specialist II Interview

Customer Service and Sales Specialist II

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Recruitment is very automated with not much human element until they make the offer. This was a panel interview with 2 managers. They will ask you questions about how you would handle particular situations, previous sales experience, call volume, irate customers, a particular accomplishment.

Interview Question – You will be required to sell a pen at your interview. I mean it!!! They will walk away for a couple of minutes and come back and you will have to articulate the sell of the pen.   Answer Question

Credit Claims Analyst Interview

Credit Claims Analyst
Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was contacted within a few weeks by a recruiter. The first interview was a 25 minute phone interview which consisted of going over the job description, my resume, and past experiences. If successful, you are scheduled for a second interview in-person.

The in-person interview took about two hours. You are interviewed by two different managers. First, they put us in a room as a group and explained the job in more detail and asked if we had any questions. We were then sent off individually to be interviewed one-on-one with a manager. This interview took about 15-20 minutes and consisted of going over my resume, what would you do experiences, and why they should choose you over other candidates. We were then put in another conference room to wait for the second interview with the main manager. If you get the job, a recruiter contacts you within a few days afterwards with the acceptance offer.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over the other candidates
What are your weaknesses
  Answer Question

Senior Collector Interview

Senior Collector

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Applied via a referral. Was interviewed by assistant manager initially. Very friendly and welcoming. Waited about a week and got a call for 2nd interview. Went in to interview with another manager and was told that I could interview with the site director the same day. They were also nice and welcoming. Cracked a few jokes. Uncommonly easy interviews with a bit of role play. Got the job and was told to take drug test within 48 hours.

Interview Question – What is your favorite football team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negs. Salary set.

Customer Marketing Associate Interview

Customer Marketing Associate
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – Must take online skills test, must pass telephone interview, second interview with two managers from the management team. Then environment is business casual, however, call center environment so please be ready for drama and personality disorders as it was like a jungle at times. As you are scheduled for the interview you will have a scheduled tour of what would seem as though you were on wall street. Very busy center, with cubicles for your desk.

Interview Question – Not really difficult, however its all about overcoming sells objectives, and how to close a sell and service the customer at the same time. Many questions in regards to ethical behavior, also wanting to know your exact response with any hesitation.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview with a recruiter. BOA manager was 25 minutes late in calling. Though he seemed OK with my technical background and this was a technical position, kept on pressing questions about my lack of financial and FOREX background. As far as my status goes, I never got a response from him even after 1 week later so I assumed no in-person interview.

Interview Question – Please let me know how you would catch up to speed on FOREX trading despite not having any professional experience with this.   Answer Question

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Home Services Specialist II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview Details – Only had one interview with branch manager. In retrospect, I feel that I was placed in a position lower than my qualifications - I had the same title and salary as people with no prior experience and I have 20 years experience.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was being offered a position that didn't seem to utilize my capabilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate as they have pay ranges for each job grade.

Very Easy Interview

Home Services Specialist III Interview

Home Services Specialist III
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was very simple, I was previously a contract employee for the Bank, and only had to do a phone interview, as I was going to work for the manager I was under, during my contractor time.

Interview Question – My availability date.- again a former contract employee was being hired back on as a FTE.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!