Bank of America

Updated Mar 4, 2015
2,501 Interview Reviews

2.8

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

I received an interview opportunity through my college career center. The first interview was behavioral and technical, after explaining some projects on my resume I was asked to write a function that takes in an integer and returns the sum of all its digits. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews, two of them being back-to-back. The first interview was technical, the second was behavioral (talking about my projects), and the third was technical, but I was asked software engineering questions (how to gather requirements). I received an offer very quickly, about 3 hours after finishing the end of the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that takes in an integer and returns the sum of all its digits   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

I went to a roundtable which is group interview. They first made us introduce ourselves and asked us why bank of america? After that we went on individual interviews asked us questions about sales and customer service after that they said thank you and they had a couple of questions about our job history and for some of us to stay (hint if you dont stay that means you didint get the job if you stay you only pass to second round) then we interview with another managers after that they said they will email me

Technology Infrastructure Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

All candidates flew to NYC about 105 of us and we had 3 30 minute interviews with different employees on their jobs. The overall experience was interesting because all interviews took place in one room with curtains placed.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Only way to apply is online, it took weeks to hear back. Took an online assessment, scheduled an interview a week out, only interviewed with the Banking Center Manager, and it took weeks again to hear back with job offer.
    Painfully long with no way to track. Then there was the on-boarding. Terrible, thrown to the wolves to learn OJT.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when...
      What would you do in this situation...
      How to handle a difficult situation

Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

Applied through the job portal. Got a phone interview. A bunch of behavioral questions. No technical stuff.The interviewer was extremely kind and focused on giving a detailed job description. She did not ask technical questions but rather asked me why I was interested in pursuing my career in bank of America.

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical question regarding java and mainframe stuff.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I initially applied online and within a couple of days got a new email asking me to take an online assessment. This is just your standard customer service test alongside a couple of quick reading comprehension and maths segments. A LOT of "agree strongly / disagree strongly" questions at the end.
    I obviously passed this as I got a phone call from a BoA recruiter three days later to confirm my information, and we scheduled a phone interview with a different recruiter the next day. This phone interview was very basic, and lasted about 25 minutes. General questions about my work experience, why i want to work for the bank, why i applied for this role in particular etc. At the end of this phone interview we scheduled a face-to-face interview with the manager of the branch I had applied for, and I was sent some online forms to fill out.
    The next interview was a week later, I was kind of surprised that it wasn't a group interview, which is what I had read a lot online, but again this interview seemed pretty basic to me, aside from two short role-plays which were simple - in one I had to pretend to be the teller and find a way to get the customer to set up online banking, in the other I had to suggest new products to her. For this interview I strongly suggest focusing on your customer service skills and sales skills!
    It was VERY short which i thought was a bad sign and the interviewer gave nothing away whatsoever, but the next day my recruiter called me back and set up an interview with the district manager for the following week.
    In this interview I was interviewed by the district manager as well as another branch manager that I hadn't met before, and they asked me questions about my flexibility, what i know about BoA, and again about my experience etc. They also asked me a lot about my experience with cash handling and balancing cash drawers, safes etc.
    Both of these managers were very friendly and positive, but they also mentioned that they were interviewing another 15 people over two days so I didn't get my hopes up. Nonetheless my recruiter got in touch three days later and offered me the position, and I had another few forms to fill in and send off to her.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer, and how did you turn it into a positive situation?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Have you ever had to deal with a member of a team that you thought was lazy or uncooperative, how did you deal with this situation?

Answer Question

Home Services Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online and received an invitation to complete an assessment within a week. Once completed I was invited for an onsite interview within another week. The interview was conducted by the team lead and the underwriting manager. Since my background was mortgage related I was very calm in my responses.

Interview Questions
    The hiring manager called me in a couple days and proposed an offer for employment.

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Long process when you consider after 2-4 weeks of interviewing you need another 1-2 weeks to complete background & credit checks. After working here a little over a year I have to say retail BOA is hit or miss, some great CMM's fewer great BCM's and SHADY PB's... tread with caution. great benefits but terrible culture and life/work balance.

Technology Developer and Analyst Interview

I apply for the summer internship of BOA and then I recieve a oncampus interview first, the phone interview is mainly discussing my projects and experience. Several days later, an email is sent to inform me to attend the final round in NY.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2013.

We met up as a group and had a group interview and an exercise. The exercise included a teller and customer transaction where we had to act as a teller in front of the recruiter. Just act normal and polite...