Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015
2,996 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with the recruiter. It was basically just a review of my resume and salary expectation was discussed. The second interview was a few days later with the Market Manager. All questions were pretty basic. They asked about coaching associates, keeping up with goal and handling escalated issues.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

On-campus recruiting for summer intern program on spring of the junior year (raising senior); one-hour long interview with a SVP on-campus; one-round of interview only; target school for recruiting; very math/stats focused technical questions

Interview Questions

• Walkthrough resume; student organizations/campus experience; stats knowledge   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

HR had initial screening, typical things to get a feel. Hiring Manager interview was good and in-depth. Exec interview was just to see if there was a good fit.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was simple. The position opened at my old branch and my manager wanted me for the job role. I already knew I would get it but I still had to do a phone interview with Our consumer market manager. I didn't even have to fill an app online for it!

Interview Questions

• How will you use your previous experience to be more successful in this role?   Answer Question

Senior Quantitative Finance Analyst_ MRM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I joined joint statistical meeting (JSM) career placement a few months before JSM. A week before JSM, the human resource person from Bank of America (BOA) sent me an invitation email for the BOA reception at JSM, where I had opportunities to learn about BOA, and talked to analysts. They scheduled an on-site interview during the reception.

Global Wealth Management Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Interview process was quick and well-done. Had a phone call with a recruiter and talked about expectations and what I will be doing on a day-to-day basis. The recruiter then explained when I will begin employment and who to report to.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous employment help you at Bank of America?   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The interview was very engaging. The interviewer asked me scenario related questions and questions that touched on my experience with customers. The questions ranged from how I responded to a difficult customer and also an instance in which I went over and beyond to assist a customer.

Equity Trader Interview

Interview

Applied internally. A lot of getting the interview is luck and background as the job itself is not difficult and equity trading by large is a shrinking industry. Fit is extremely important in trading and it's not hard to tell if you're feigning

Interview Questions

• Unless the position is very technically inclined (exotic derivs, structuring, etc) a lot of the questions will be fit based   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday around 2 pm. Got a call Monday Monday for a phone interview the following morning. It was just asking basic questions. About work history sales you've done if your willing to work full time if your not done with school yet if your will to put work first and go part time. In my case no brainier I'm almost done anyways. She then said she would be setting up an interview with the hiring manager at the location I applied at. She ended up emailing me a week later for a job fair. I found a bit unprofessional but it worked out extremely well. I went and attended had the interview with a different branch manager. It went extremely well and said I will hear from him in 7-10 days. I will keep updated on the next process if I get selected. But I believe next is the fingerprinting and I-9 form.

Interview Questions

• What was one sales goal you achieved at your previous employers?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line for multiple positions so I don't know which one brought me to the interview. I was sent an email for an open house and group interview. Arrived on time and there were already several candidates waiting at a waiting area. Soon it became over crowded.. the lady showed up and led us to the room where the interviews were supposed to happen, after signing up a sheet of paper and handing over our resume, we waited for almost an hour for the interviewer crew, yes.. THE INTERVIEWER CREW WAS LATE. I honestly have never seen such a desorganized interview process. There were about 35 candidates and they only divided us into 2 big groups. The questions were not clear and objective, they were long questions that sounded like a rambling speech that by the end we were not able to even understand what exactly he wanted to know. Our interviewer didn't put any effort on trying to make us feel comfortable with the process, didn't make eye contact whatsoever, instead he would only write notes and that made me feel like I was talking to myself. He kept a frowned face for almost the entire interview. His assistant, another BoA staff, on the other hand seemed so much more friendly, I bet it would've been a better experience if she would've handled it. Another point was that they did a horrible job on dividing the group, idk what they based the division on, but our group had mostly tellers candidates and some manager.. CRM, Sales Manager... which at the time of the answers made all of us feel so uncomfortable when those people with major experience in banking, came up with incredible stories about how they handled a financial transaction evolving a high amount of money and right after someone who had only worked at some local store would come up with a humble and much simple situation, I felt bad for all of us. BoA has been the bank where I've been banking for several years but I honestly didn't feel proud of being a part of it; either passive or active.So disappointed!