Bank of America

Updated Jan 21, 2015
2,418 Interview Reviews

2.8

Operations Management Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

On campus interview then final round in Charlotte. They put us in a nice hotel and fed us very well. The hotel was on the CLT BAC campus (Uptown) and consisted of ~4 or 5 interviews. The questions were mostly standard STAR (situational) questions. They were all pretty nice and not out to make you feel stupid.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing different, mostly common situational interview questions   Answer Question
    Since it was a rotational program, there wasn't a lot of room to negotiate.

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Had one face to face interview. The process was easy. I interviewed with the Underwriting Manager. She came from Florida. The questions were average. It was a fun interview. I was already an employee with the bank so I was a little familiar with the manager already.

I interviewed with the underwriting manager. She came from Florida to interview all of the candidates.

Registered Client Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interviewed twice over the phone with office management (two managers). Then interviewed once with two financial advisors over the phone. Invited for an in-person interview where the two managers interviewed me, then two financial advisors. The in-person process lasted about 4 hours. The advisors especially are not trained as managers, so the interview is definitely more conversational and they ask questions in terms of how you would add value to their personal book of business.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a boss/financial advisor with a difficult personality (when you are working for more than one)?   View Answer
    No negotiating. I would say you should negotiate for more pay as much as possible, because Merrill Lynch wants to pay you as little as possible as Client Associates are not technically revenue generators. They do not pay according to the demand of the job (very) or cost of living. Negotiate especially if Registered (Series 7 and 66).

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Thy ar fairly quick about reaching out to set up interviews. First they will do a phone interview with the recruiter to determine of you meet the basic qualifications. If you do, then they'll send you to a group panel interview with area managers as well as branch manager (usually 4-5 total). This panel interview is where you need to make yourself stand out. Share your successes, how you've exceeded expectations and your general business acumen. They are looking for strong sales people, banking experience helps, but as long as you can sell, they will teach you the banking part. Also I've prepared to ask them questions because that always helps. After the panel interview you may go to individual branch managers for one on one interview before an offer is made. The recruiter will call you and let you know.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to be successful in the event you aren't given goals?   View Answer

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Straight forward, just need prior experience. Manager are always recruiting and are willing to give you a chance. Mostly done over the phone and not in person. Thats really about all there is to it. Relaxed and be prepared with documentation to prove your production or a 5-year plan

Non-existenant

Foreclosure Specialist II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Hired through a temporary agency and they handled the interview, drug testing and background check, there was no interview process with the bank and the agency advised of the starting salary, no negotiation. Bank of America was totally hands off during the entire hiring process. When permanently onboarded was only advised of specific hire date and salary through the HR department off site. No HR was handled at the location I worked.

Interview Questions
    There was no real negotiating. You took the offer or kept moving. They are of the mind there are enough candidates out there and that mindset permeates the entire experience.

Branch Manager Interview

Talked with Regional City President.
    They told me to call if I ever wanted a. job with them. Great person. Not ready for a move at the time. Seemed genuine.

Information Architect Interview

Typical, series of initial phone interviews with various individuals in the department. Then a conference call with several folks on the team. A few days later, a series of in person interviews with the day ending in a conference room with five people. Finally, had a final interview with someone who was not able to interview the initial in-person.

Interview Questions
    • We feel we know what we're doing and know who to hire. Even though we'll be peers, are you okay with me filling your roles on your behalf? I'll need to make sure you just focus on your job and I fill the roles. This is how we operate here. You okay with this?   View Answer

Some groups are very outdated, immature and underdeveloped.

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

online application, online assessment, phone interview, and then interview with branch manager and assistant manager. It was a pleasant experience for me, I loved working for this company and the way they worked.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you scenario questions like what would you did in this situation and how would you overcome objections, etc. I found the process easy.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bank of America.

I originally came in through Countrywide, back in 2003, through a floating employee program. It was around 2007/2008 when we were acquired by Bank of America. There was some realignment of teams in my department, but I was not re-interviewed to keep my job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation with a customer and how it was resolved   Answer Question