Bank of America Interview Questions

2.8

Claims Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

After you fill out the application online you're called in for an interview. You interview with one person basically asking about you as a person with a little job history. If you pass that interview you'll know because you have a second interview right after that. After a couple days they'll let you know that pending a fingerprint background check they'll offer you the position. Your scheduled for a fingerprint check and if everything comes back ok you get the offer.

There was no negotiations the pay was given at 15.39

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

Did an on campus interview. It was me and one interviewer. It was a simple behavioral type interview. Take them about two weeks to hear back from. The company really is laid back so the interview was not as up type. The interviewer encouraged me to have notes prepared and look at is as a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you had to weigh your financial decisions that affected a certain part of the targeted market.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

The interview process with Bank of America began with passing an online bank assessment, Recruiter phone interview, two onsite one on one, and finally a phone interview with a Sales Performance Manager. All Managers were tentative and friendly. All facilities need some updated interior improvements, to allow for customers to feel more welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions amongst each branch were the same. " What motivates you", " Tell me about a memorable experience when you..........., what was the call to action......what was the final outcome..... Role play as well.   View Answer

Banking Center Manager II Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank of America.

initial interview with the recruiter followed by an online assessment. After passing that you go on to interviewing with the market manager and area executive. Then you have to go through an extensive background check and employment verification.

Interview Questions
    • pretty straight forward questions, comparable to other companies hiring for similar positions   Answer Question
    The initial offer was more than generous, i did negotiate once and they came back a little higher. i accepted the offer after that.

GWIM Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through university website. First round of interviews on campus, two 30 min interviews focusing on resume. Second rounds at Hopewell NJ campus (three 30 minute interviews). Interviewers were interested in finding out why I wanted BofA and why I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What is one negative thing one of your previous managers or leaders would have to say about you?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
    I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
    So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
    Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
    A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
    At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
    My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed this yet.

Bank Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2014.

I first applied online. I had to take an assessment. Then you have to take a decision making assessment. Lastly I had to take a simulated assessment of my decision making. I was then contacted by a recruiter for a 30 min phone interview. Now I have a final interview with a Market Manager for the position. My background was checked prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your action plan for the branch you're applying for?   View Answer
    They will make an offer then you must decide if its acceptable.

Customer Service and Sales Specialist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2014.

Two interviews. first one is a phone interview from the recruiter. second interview is a 1:1 with the hiring manager. Before you get a call from a recruiter you have to pass an online assessment test that is designed specifically for the position. Mock calls are included in the online assessment test.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were presention. Questions focus mainly on your problem solving skills and your ability to drive sales. Empathy is big too.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied on the 4th of December, got a call back on the 9th for an interview on the 11th. I received a call on Monday asking me if I wanted the job. The process to start is longer than the interview. You do an interview on the phone and if they find you're fit for the job they'll schedule an appointment for the banking center to interview you.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2014.

The phone interview with Bank of America was an interesting interview but somewhat difficult because I have no formal Banking Experience but I do have small business, accounting, tax and consulting experience being self employed within a family owned business. In addition, for the past 3 years, I have been teaching within the subject area of history and decided that this was not for me. As a result, I have been striving to enter into the Banking industry due to my self employment history in business. I realized during this phone interview that becoming a teller would be the perfect challenge that I would need to spear head my career to the next level. The next step if chosen will be the face-to-face interview which I will be informed of next week. Wish me good effort.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Bank of America? What is your finance background?   View Answer