Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015
2,787 Interview Reviews

2.8

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by one in-person interview. The entire process took about two weeks. The difficulty of the process was relatively easy to average. The telephone interview was just a screening which was not hard and the in-person interview was a very average interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work history and how that will help with this job?; What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

1. recruiter calls first
    2. Met with HR- got hired on the spot! Got my fingerprints done at different location, background , etc...got a call a few days later with offer.

Leave Consultant Interview

Interview

Very personal and effective; staff valued my experience and used the interv process to learn about how to more effectively develop and deplore the program. Great rapport developed but unfortunately new management elected to terminate the core functionality and focus on compliance vs best practices.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

You have to go through three interviews: group interview, manager interview and if you make it than an interview with the market manager. It was lengthy and time consuming. Before you even get called for an interview you have to do online testing for your personality, skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest point? Weakest? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you change about yourself?   Answer Question

Video Teller Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Apply, have a recruiter contact you for phone interview, then schedule interview time. There is an info session that is held before the interview that introduces you to the new technology. You are then selected for your interview after being taken through the production floor. Questions are a mix of behavioral/situational/and resume related info. After 2-4 days you hear if you are selected and then the background check and finger printing is around the corner.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable being on camera and around new technology?   Answer Question

Unit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Initially had a group interview to get my foot in the door with the company. Then, I interviewed with a specific unit. They liked me and then hired me on. I then wanted to get promoted and move to another part of the state, so I set up an interview with the branch operations manager at the location of my desired employment. She had me come in on a Saturday as they were extremely busy during month end When they closed that Branch, I moved on to another branch with the same manager and didn't need to interview again for any other positions, even though I moved around to various job titles and locations.

Grmap Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Relaxed interview with 2x30 minute interviews back to back. The interviewers care more for your demonstrated ability to lead and resolve issues. Being personable really helped my chances. I am quite sure there were a couple other far more qualified in terms of finance experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent event in our economy that interests you.   1 Answer

Student Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

filled out an application, no interview required -- the program simply requires you to fill out an application and get two letters of reference from teachers or past employers

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Online application, the application takes you directly to an online assessment which was at least an hour plus to complete. Next there were 2 more telephone interviews of 30 to 45 minutes each, then an in-person interview (1 hour) with a District Sales Manager and Branch Manager for which I had to drive 140 miles to attend (since the position is not where I currently live), then another half hour interview with a Regional Sales Manager. Having said this, the interviews were very positive, but all of this when I was applying for a position less senior than my last job, and I have a 4 year degree and 24 years banking experience! The negative part of the experience was the background check...completing authorization forms 3 times each with slightly varying information required...a bit frustrating.

Interview Questions

• How would I approach a situation where the clients I call do not want to speak with me?   Answer Question
    • Why did I apply to Bank of America?   Answer Question

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Process started with a phone interview which was just a generic background check, the recruiter gave me a very thorough overview of the job, salary and bonus pay. Next was an interview at the Downtown location which asked for more details about my background and how I could benefit the bank. They explained the role and how to be successful. This was followed by a second interview at the actual branch where I was again asked to rehash my background and then asked to role play to see how I would interact with a customer.

Interview Questions

• Please pretend that you are the FSA, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question