Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015
2,790 Interview Reviews

2.8

Production Support Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I just had a conversation with various managers on call and I got accepted after the interview. Nothing Technical. Other than behavior question. Really trying to see if you have problem solving skills.

Vice President Technology Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

On phone interview as i was returning to the same group of which i was previously part of.
    Questions were mostly about what i was working on since i left the company

Interview Questions

• interview was mostly about my past jobs and future plans as i was returning to the same group of which i was previously part of. Questions were mostly about what i was working on since i left the company   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Tough questions around leadership and goals. Ability to manage and develop a team. They look for a lot of sales experience. Lots of questions around the process in mind for exceeding goals. You will go through about 3-4 interview before a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• What is more important operations or sales? What is first priority and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Falmouth, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online Application including 90 minute simulated evaluation about teller scenarios. Two days later a brief phone call from a recruiter with questions about work history and sales experience. Also, needed to complete online work history for background check. Finally a meeting with branch manager that was very casual and lasted only 10 minutes.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Everett, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 3 days later invited to an open house aka group interview through an email by the recruiter for the bank. Over 50 people already waiting when i arrived (scheduled time) with more arriving as i signed in. Branch managers come and pick a group of people. They ask you basic questions, role play (please pratice), dress very nice, and be confident.

Interview Questions

• Why boa? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would you handle a difficult coworker? Tell me your biggest accomplishments? What goals have you set ? Tell me about yourself? Sell me this pen? (When u sell the pen ask the mgr questions lk what is Your lifestyle like and then tell them why that pen could benefit them. They used a random pen to see how you sell. ) You will answer infront of others. Like minimum 2 people some groups had more folks.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one by the hiring manager and the other by her peer. I got the distinct impression that the peer interviewer was not happy having to do the interview.

Interview Questions

• One odd question was "What is the one thing you want to hear me say right now".   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

On June 1st I applied online to BOA, which included an online application and also involved doing a lengthy assessment, it took about an hour and a half.

A couple of days later someone from the staffing department contacted me and asked me a few questions about the position I had applied for. When he confirmed that I was still interested in the job he set up a phone interview with a BOA corporate recruiter for the following morning (June 4th).

That interview lasted about 20 minutes, he asked a series of questions about previous work experience, what I have done in the past in certain situations relating to customers, issues and problems. After the questions he told me he would be getting back to me if my results were satisfactory. About ten minutes later he called and said they wanted me to meet with a district manager at a corp office for an in person interview the following morning (June 5th).

I met with the district manager who was very nice and had a great interview with him. He told me he would be getting back to the recruiter and letting me know my next steps. This was very exciting and sounded like great news to me.

On monday the 8th I got an email from the recruiter requesting me to fill out a background check form. I completed it right away. After a few days I didn't hear anything so on June 11th I contacted the recruiter to follow up. He told me he would get back with me either later that day or the next.

He ended up calling me that same afternoon with an offer. I negotiated a little, as I had read other reviews here on Glassdoor where people had successfully negotiated, and so I asked for about 50 cents more per hour. He told me he would submit my request and get back to me. The next day he called back and said that my negotiation was accepted and presented me with the new offer. I accepted. The interview process took 2 weeks before getting a negotiated, accepted offer.

After that I had to consent to another background check and go to a local establishment for fingerprinting, as well as go into the bank to meet with the branch manager and give them my ID and fill out an 1-9. Those were all steps of the hiring process and not the interview process. I start next week. So the whole process from the moment I first applied online to walking in the door on my first day was 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer that was extremely upset so that their problem was not only addressed but they were a happy customer again? Give me an example of a time you had to change your priorities in your work day when you had your whole day planned, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied 6/24 and got an email from the recruiter on 6/29. Did the phone interview with the recruiter and was invited to attend a group interview the following afternoon. She said she would be busy that day so I would get the confirmation email within the hour,but never received it. The recruiters seem to be very busy so you may need to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Most recent customer service sales experience
      Availability

Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was invited to take the assessment, I ended up forgetting the first time and it expired, though they sent me one again without me asking, hoo rah! Took the assessment, just answer strongly agree and strongly disagree and you'll be fine. Got a call from the recruiter two days later, i was a little busy and she was more than happy to set it up for the next morning. Just finished up the phone interview right now which was basically a phone screening, along with three or four other "give me an example of a time..." kinda things, I was EXTREMELY nervous for some reasons even though she was extremely nice. I was throwing up words, and giving weird answers, it was all in my head. She didn't really mind though, all to my benefit! At the end she asked if i could come in and meet with the branch manager, since the holidays were approaching she asked if i could come in right now, i agreed but she called the manager to set it up and he was only available two days from today, so she set it up for then, currently waiting on that. She told me they will be mostly behavioral questions requiring specific examples, so be prepared. Will update when i finish, really hope i get the job. I HIGHLY suggest you practice the interview questions posted on glassdoor, all of them, just incase

Interview Questions

• Why Bank Of America?

What did you do in your previous roles that you can incorporate to this teller role, specific example?

tell me about a time you had to ask the customer personal questions to refine the product, specific example?

1 Answer

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Communication has been prompt and thorough. Interview times available were limited but happy to reschedule to get the interview. Applied online and received a phone interview. Followup call requested a one on one interview. Interview process was followed with a visual of work area. Still waiting on followup call since one on one but it has only been one week.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about experience level relating to different types of loans and products. Volume of business and production of mortgage team.   1 Answer