Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
2,177 Interview Reviews

2.8

Treasury Analyst Program - TMAP Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview was very straight forward. Asked about education history and recent work history. Also asked to describe a current event that interest you. Just interesting and ask good questions when given the chance.

Interview Questions
    • There were no curveballs in my interview. Do your homework before hand and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    Entry level program. There was no room for negotiation.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Got hired initially with two phone interviews. Focused mainly on sales process/philosophy. Focus on pragmatic solutions and conflict resolution. Emphasize multi-tasking and trouble-shooting, understanding reports and coaching philosophy; how to motivate employees.

Interview Questions
    • How did you overcome a conflict with a fellow employee?   Answer Question
    Ask for more; they declined but it affected my first raise.

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2014.

My hiring process was very quick and simple. I applied for the job online the same day recruiter emailed me to call her. She was out of office for 2 days she returned my call once she came in office she asked what day I wanted to interview with the branch manager. She emailed me a self assessment to take I passed then next day was interview. Very laid back and to the point. Asked questions about my former work history which was years of retail. Did a role play and she told me a little about the bank. I went home same day got an email from recruiter to do a background employment screening from past 5 years and you have to be very honest and exact with dates and places you worked even if you worked for a day. Completed that in a few hours and the following day received a call from the staffing agent that my background was satisfactory (you either get satisfactory or unsatisfactory) she instructed me to contact my recruiter and let her know my results and move to the next step. I immediately called my recruiter she informed me that the branch wanted to extend an offer to me and I accepted. Did my fingerprinting at a corporate center received an email with my start date 2 weeks from accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing. A customer comes in and wants to transfer $1,000 from checking to saving account and you have to offer products. Role play from beginning to end with customer walking in the door.   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiating offer offered was what I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

The interview was thorough but comfortable. I've never felt more at home at any interview than I have with Bank of America. However, one must come very prepared to answer situational questions and to role-play sales, etc. depending on the position applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Being able to communicate your opportunities (weaknesses) is always a tough question.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

The interview process was 5 interviews. Hiring manager, and then separate meetings with four senior leaders who had to then recommend you. The senior leaders focused was on behavioral questions as the hiring manager determines that your skills and abilities are a fit for the job and the culture. Senior leaders are looking for how you fit into the big picture, long term. That is a great opportunity to kick start your reputation.

So be prepared. Know the company. Know the history. Go to founder's hall and take a tour. Take some people to coffee. Understand the phrases they use and thinking they like to see when solving problems. Do the prep work and you will do just fine.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "What is leadership to you?" So that should tell you...for those who prepare, the questions you face are not that difficult.

Another question you might come across is "who is [your name]?" Be prepared to give your "elevator speech" of no more than a short paragraph about who you are, how you create value, and what that value is. Know your niche and why you are good at it.

Some additional prep that will help you: Know what you think about people relationships, how you deal with difficult people, what your strengths are and why, and give examples. Know what it means to step back and help the right person lead in a given a scenario. Take the interview and turn it into a conversation.
        View Answer
    BE CAREFUL with the negotiation. Do not talk about money until they make you a written offer. Then negotiate. Don't give up salary numbers or targets until then. Expect a lowball number and work up from there. This is where your prep really pays off. Know how you will add value once you have the job details. That is your bargaining chip so keep coming back to it.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America.

There is a ton of waiting usually from interview to offer. The interviews are one on one and then you are contacted by HR for additional information and a background check if whomever interviewed you wants you on their team. You should get something back from HR in about a week that contains and offer. However, depending on what may be going on in the department that you interviewed with there could be weeks to months in between when you interview and when HR contacts you.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioral questions like "whats your biggest flaw?" pretty standard entry level questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation took place as an entry level position.

Bankruptcy Specialist Interview

I was hired through a temp agency so the interview only consisted of 3 questions. Such as how do you set your priority for your day, what do you consider your strength, and Im not sure of the last question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2013.

It was a 1:1 interview with my supervising manager in person. There were few technical questions and no assessment test required. Verbal promises and guarantees were made during the interview that were not followed through with once hired.
    Note: Contract to Hire is really Contract to Never Hire, as in no one gets hired off a contract in this dept/location. It's a complete lie and requires a manager 4 levels above your manager to even get considered so expect a 90 day mandatory leave of absence after each contract period. Also no holiday pay or PTO unless you are one of the "special ones" who are willing to lie, cheat, steal and stab teammates in the back.

Interview Questions
    • Provide some examples of your work experience in systems administration including windows scripting, Active Directory, server management, etc.   Answer Question
    Ask for the top if the range because you will need it to cover all unpaid holidays that are mandatory to take off and result in 32 hour week paychecks several times a year (banks are closed a LOT).

Technology Developer & AnalystProgram - GWIMT Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

The application process was online. The initial interview was on phone. No technical questions at all on the phone interview.Just very basic questions on personal, academic and professional experience.
    After the phone interview, in about 2-3 days got an email that I was selected for the second round of interview at their main office in new jersey. bofa bears all the expenses for the interview.
    In the face to face interview you can expect some technical questions based on your experience. None of them I knew were asked very difficult questions.
    The questions were basically on the projects and technologies I had mentioned in the resume

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America.

I filled out an online application on 07/12/14. After the application was completed I received an email containing a link to take the pre-employment virtual bankers test. This is a 1 hour or so long test that includes person to person scenarios and basic banking account cross selling features. Once I completed the assessment I made the assumption I had passed because I received a call from a recruiter the next day. She asked me why I chose Bofa. She then scheduled a group interview for two weeks out. The group interview consisted of an open forum with 12 other prospective employees. The group interview consisted of one question to everyone telling a little bit about our background. After that it was an open forum in which questions were thrown out to everyone and it was our job to be pro active and answer them ourselves. After the three hour interview I went home and received a call from the recruiter stating I had an over the phone interview with the regional sales president for that market. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was the most intense and long phone interview I have ever done. All in all it went excellent as I received a call back 10 minutes after the interview offering me the position. I then had to submit my information for my fingerprints and background check. I was offered the job on 08/4/14 and got the all clear to work on 08/14/14. They even offered me a $1 more than what I requested. All in all the interview process was lengthy and they requested a lot of information but all the recruiters and interviewers were amazing. Very organized and professional. I was informed every step of the way. I cant wait to start working! If you have any questions about the process I am here to help!

Interview Questions
    • During my last phone interview I was given a scenario in which I had to state how I would sell a customer one our products and services if they stated they already banked somewhere else, they felt like their bank treated them more than just a number and clearly stated they did not want to hear about our products and services.   View Answer