Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
2,553 Interview Reviews

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

I went to a roundtable which is group interview. They first made us introduce ourselves and asked us why bank of america? After that we went on individual interviews asked us questions about sales and customer service after that they said thank you and they had a couple of questions about our job history and for some of us to stay (hint if you dont stay that means you didint get the job if you stay you only pass to second round) then we interview with another managers after that they said they will email me

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

First there was a 30 minute interview on campus. Then I was invited to a super day at the office where I would be working. Was flown out and put up in a hotel then spent about 3 hours in the office consisting of 5 30-minute interviews with 6 people. Overall it was a pretty typical and average process for banking. Everyone was really nice and I found the interviews to be less technical than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I'm a high schooler visiting your school, teach me one important concept or thing that you've learned in your finance or econ classes.   View Answer

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Applied online through their website, no campus ties. Flew to Charlotte for a two-day process. The night of arrival included a networking event, and dinner. The following day was a super-day consisting of 3 or 4 interviews. Really great people, straight forward questions. Heard back within one day with an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

After I submitted my resume to the Indiana Women in Computing Conference, Bank of America contacted me about interviewing at the conference and we scheduled a time. The interview was simple and quick as they were looking more for full time than intern but the interviewer was very nice and said she would contact me if intern positions opened up.

Interview Questions
    • She asked about personal projects and the experience on my resume.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Applied online, was invited to take assessment, received a phone call next day to schedule phone interview. Next day had phone interview, and was invited in to meet branch manager. Waiting for confirmed day and time, then will update.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Tell me about a time you had to sell something and how you pitched it to customer.

2) Tell me about a time asking the customer more personal questions helped you make a sale and better their service.

3) Why do you think you are a good fit for this position.

View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

1. Conversation about background during the career fair on campus
    2. On-campus interview with two staff one day after conversation during career fair
    3. Onsite interview in NYC after 2 weeks: 3 stages, 25 minutes each stage
    4. Get notification within 48 hrs after onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical Question usually based on your background (your strongest languages), multithread questions.

Usual non-tech questions (how do you see yourself in few years? what do you like in working at BoA? ..etc)

Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Since this helped me so much as I was going through the process I figured it would help if I wrote what I experienced! I applied online and about two weeks later received a phone call from a Texas number. I missed the call and then never checked the voicemail, an hour after that call I saw I had been sent an email from a Bank of America recruiter asking me to call her back at that Texas number. Called back and had a 20 minute phone interview with her. Standard questions such as tell me about yourself, how have you met sales goals in the past, why are sales attractive to you. At the end of the phone call she said she would like to have me interview with the marketing manager the next day and she would email me with a time. An hour later I received an email with an interview time for the next afternoon. That interview was 1 on 1 and was more of a conversation, the market manager was extremely pleasant and easy to talk to. It was more of a conversation and her explaining the job duties and responsibilities and asking if I would be comfortable performing them. She asked me to describe a time when I went above and beyond my duties and also to describe a situation where I helped an irate customer. The interview was about 25 minutes long and at the end she said she was going to call the recruiter and basically told me I was hired which was amazing to hear. Recruiter emailed me an hour after the interview asking me to call her and when I did she extended me an official offer. The rate of pay she offered was lower than what she first told me so I asked for the initial rate she had said. She told me she would get back to me the next day with an answer, she had to speak to the market manager I interviewed with. The next afternoon I received the call the salary I asked for was approved and I accepted the offer officially.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an irate customer comes into the bank and how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    I was originally told an hourly rate through the recruiter and when I was extended a job offer the next day they offered 2 dollars less. I asked for the original salary they had said and the recruiter said she would talk to the person who interviewed me to get an approval and get back to me. The next day they called and offered me the original rate.

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Applied online on Monday, received & completed an assessment online on Tuesday, received a call on Wednesday from the recruiter, interviewed on Thursday with management. There were several of us at the interview. Met with the VP and then we interviewed individually with managers. I worked in this facility before and was a former employee.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you did for your department to make a task easier?
      Explain your prior experience in mortgage?

Answer Question

Analyst- Rates & Currencies Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

There were 3 rounds of interviews- 1st round was over the phone, the other two were in the Boston office. I met with 10 different people on the team, who were all really nice and fairly relaxed. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and also asked me to describe a complicated concept in layman's terms. They gave a lot of background about what the role entails and what kind of work they do. After the third round, I heard a few hours later that day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something going on in the market and how you think it will affect interest rates.   Answer Question

Branch Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Jobs are listed online and you must apply online also. Contacted 2 weeks later by the recruiter for a phone interview. After first call, met with district manager and another branch manager at their local HQ. Interviews lasted about 2 hours. I am waiting 2 weeks to get to hear back but that seems normal.