Bank of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty Easy.......initial conversation with HR, two face to face interviews with two different managers. Standard questions in each and nothing unusual in either interview. Both asked comparable questions, most likely they compared answers so as long as you explained your history and background and why they should hire you for the position you would most likely pass each one.

Interview Question – Noting out of the ordinary!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With HR over the phone not in person, a little room to negotiate income but not much.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired after Bank One closed. I interviewed with Mrs. Garcia, branch mgr. i reported to the office at 6100 S Pennsylvania Lansing Mi for the interview

Interview Question – Did you have anything to do with the fall of Bank One   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – First I took the Bank Work training provided by the YWCA. The training lasted for 2 months. In the last two weeks of the training, I applied to a few banks out there and later on, a lady from HR department of the Bank of America contacted me to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the marketing manager and the Vice President of Hiring department. 2 days later, the vice-president called me back to offer me the job!!!

Interview Question – How to handle a really difficult customer that keeps asking you question over and over   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

Banking Center Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – From reading other people's experience mine was very unique. I am a veteran from the military as well so that may be the reason why. Here is my experience. I applied online and was contacted by a military veteran recruiter via email. I was sent links to conduct 2 different scenario based simulations. From there I was conducted again via email by the same recruiter. I had a telephone interview first. I then was scheduled a phone interview with the area manager and after that the final interview was with the area executive. Each interview was one on one and via telephone. I was finally contacted and offered the position.

Interview Question – My biggest advice is to ensure that discuss how you are able to coach and lead teams successfully. Ensure you are customer focused and able to relate real life experiences. Sales experience is huge, even if you do not have retail sales, there are other areas that people gain selling experience that can relate - like pitching new ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation, they offered exactly what I was looking for.

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Apply online and then complete an online assessment, someone for HR department in Florida will contact you with a phone interview, then she will call back to schedule you for a face-to-face interview, your first face-to-face will be with the Banking center manager, sometimes they have a second interview with the district manager.

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Financial Solutions Advisor

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Interview process was not too challenging. mostly basic questions. Met with managers during open house and briefly interviewed with three managers. The interviews went very well. managers Had to sell financial services during second telephone interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was during the second telephone interview. The manager was not friendly and that did not help. I was given a scenario and asked how would i handle it. I felt as though my answers were adequate, however the manager didn't seem to like me.   Answer Question

Applications Programmer Interview

Applications Programmer

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Technical questions related to job description.The hiring manager Asked about SQL, SSRS, financials and programming languages like C#,Java. Asked about what is the process I follow to solve a problem.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Flushing, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – There were 2 rounds of interview. First a phone interview from human resources with questions based on your resume. The second interview took place in the branch and directly with its branch manager. All questions are behavioral.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Financial Solutions Advisor

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Interviewed once and was hired a part of a group of over 50. Interview basically comes down to whether you perform similar duties elsewhere. if so, you are hired.

Interview Question – This is what your will be paid, take it or leave it.   Answer Question

Vice President/Retirement Services Interview

Vice President/Retirement Services

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with HR first , and who walked me through the entire process, she was EXCELLENT as she gave me background information on the people and what they were looking for. Then had a phone interview and after that I was flown in to do a day of interviews, approximately 4 people and then a panel interview.

Interview Question – Nothing outside the box - a few situational, but mostly looking to hear about your experience and learn about your work style   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Having worked here, ASK for the SALARY range, as they don't post salaries and REFUSE to provide. Ask about salary increases, do they give them and the process. Worked here 4 years and never had a salary increase and can't get anyone to tell me the salary range, even went to the DOL and they told me that the Bank doesn't have to provide salary ranges to their employees.