Bank of America

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Great hiring process - hosted networking sessions, training on the street to get to know candidates and then brought in six to eight candidates for superdays at a time. Interview was great, met with most people at the office, all very friendly and down to earth. Very diverse and friendly group.

Interview Question – How does deferred tax allowance affect the three statements?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Had one interview, lots of technical questions. Two and a half weeks later received an email to set up a second interview. Had that interview and waiting to hear further info. Second interview was no technical questions. Both interviews were with analyst, in the same group. No information given about process and when or if I might hear back.

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls could you fit in an olympic sized pool?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through the campus recruiting and heard back in January 2014.

Interview Question – It was all behavioral. no technical questions at all. this was the first round though. Typical, walk through resume, why IB, a challenge you've faced, strenghts, and weakness. Interviewers were very friendly and informal. They were alumni from my school.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting.

Interview Question – What is your favorite book?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2009.

Interview Details – Met with two VPs on campus, 30 minute interview, mostly fit-based with a few technical questions.

Interview Question – Several questions like "how many ping pong balls can fit in a 747", etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – This was for HK. The usual first second round on phone, then final round to US.
Did not get a very good impression of the bank. Interviewed with 4-5 people in the final round. There was one guy who asked all technicals. I did not get a sense of why BoA is better than any other banks on the street in HK.

Interview Question – Lots of random mental math questions   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

Interview Details – On Campus Interview - Extremely hostile, all technical questions and nothing that studied fit. Not a generalist banking overview - mainly focused on leveraged finance. Bad communication both before and after actual interview.

Interview Question – Solve Bond related questions with changing scenarios during interview   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted through HR and given an interview one week later.

Interview Question – If you were trying to break into a square castle surrounded by a ditch 10 feet wide and you only had two planks 8 feet long, how would you cross the ditch?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details – I received the interview through on campus recruiting. I received an email from an employee shortly after congratulating me, which seemed a bit strange. The interview was one on one with an associate who was extremely hard to relate to. Barely asked any behavioral or fit questions, all he seemed to care about was my technical knowledge. Interview only lasted about 20 minutes because I don't think I answered his technical questions well enough.

Interview Question – If a company with a higher EPS purchases a company with a lower EPS, what happens to the purchaser's EPS?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Interview Details – Before getting an on campus interview, we need to go through a semester long process of socializing with people from the bank (by attending corporate presentations, case study and networking events) and develop connection and contact with the staff. Then, it is required for us to submit interview request thru school and online website and we will know whether we get the interview. It's two 2:1 interviews overall. Nearly all behavioral.

Interview Question – Could you surprise me with one experience?   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!