Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Great hiring process - hosted networking sessions, training on the street to get to know candidates and then brought in six to eight candidates for superdays at a time. Interview was great, met with most people at the office, all very friendly and down to earth. Very diverse and friendly group.

Interview Questions
  • How does deferred tax allowance affect the three statements?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Had one interview, lots of technical questions. Two and a half weeks later received an email to set up a second interview. Had that interview and waiting to hear further info. Second interview was no technical questions. Both interviews were with analyst, in the same group. No information given about process and when or if I might hear back.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls could you fit in an olympic sized pool?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through campus recruiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

I applied through the campus recruiting and heard back in January 2014.

Interview Questions
    • It was all behavioral. no technical questions at all. this was the first round though. Typical, walk through resume, why IB, a challenge you've faced, strenghts, and weakness. Interviewers were very friendly and informal. They were alumni from my school.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

This was for HK. The usual first second round on phone, then final round to US.
    Did not get a very good impression of the bank. Interviewed with 4-5 people in the final round. There was one guy who asked all technicals. I did not get a sense of why BoA is better than any other banks on the street in HK.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

On Campus Interview - Extremely hostile, all technical questions and nothing that studied fit. Not a generalist banking overview - mainly focused on leveraged finance. Bad communication both before and after actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Solve Bond related questions with changing scenarios during interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Was contacted through HR and given an interview one week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you were trying to break into a square castle surrounded by a ditch 10 feet wide and you only had two planks 8 feet long, how would you cross the ditch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

I received the interview through on campus recruiting. I received an email from an employee shortly after congratulating me, which seemed a bit strange. The interview was one on one with an associate who was extremely hard to relate to. Barely asked any behavioral or fit questions, all he seemed to care about was my technical knowledge. Interview only lasted about 20 minutes because I don't think I answered his technical questions well enough.

Interview Questions
    • If a company with a higher EPS purchases a company with a lower EPS, what happens to the purchaser's EPS?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Before getting an on campus interview, we need to go through a semester long process of socializing with people from the bank (by attending corporate presentations, case study and networking events) and develop connection and contact with the staff. Then, it is required for us to submit interview request thru school and online website and we will know whether we get the interview. It's two 2:1 interviews overall. Nearly all behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2011.

The interview was great I really enjoyed talking to the people from B of A. They were all very kind excluding the time that people asked me very personal questions. They asked about my resume and they asked about my past work experience. They said they would get back to me but unfortunately they did not offer me a chance to continue to the final round of interviews