Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I received the interview through on campus recruiting. I received an email from an employee shortly after congratulating me, which seemed a bit strange. The interview was one on one with an associate who was extremely hard to relate to. Barely asked any behavioral or fit questions, all he seemed to care about was my technical knowledge. Interview only lasted about 20 minutes because I don't think I answered his technical questions well enough.

Interview Questions

• If a company with a higher EPS purchases a company with a lower EPS, what happens to the purchaser's EPS?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The process is rigorous with a big focus on the fundamental finance interview questions. Fit questions are equally important, so don't forget to practice those. Vault guides were sufficient in learning the concepts but I would definitely practice with a friend to make sure you understand the variations of each question.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my university webpage. Two weeks after I applied I was called for one on one interviews and phone interview with the local team (3 analysts, 1 VP). The second round were only phone interviews with senior associates working in the Latam team in New York. All interviews have the following format: "Tell me about yoursel" (resume, why investment banking? why BofA?), brainteasers ("How many cabs are in Bogota?"), accounting questions and valuation fundamentals ("Walk me through a DCF", "How do you calculate WACC") and cross-border valuation ("How to calculate WACC in emerging markets?").

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

One day interview. Four parts: > Quantitative multiple choice test from projector > Group exercise > Presentation with recommendations on a deal > CV / Motivational interview The quantitative multiple choice test was first and required you to make simple currency conversions, etc, under time constraints. The group exercise was to decide on a charity fundraising campaign. Four people were involved. The presentation was after reviewing a large amount of information. Definitely the most difficult part and the people were most stressed about. Some valuation methods were needed for this part, as well as industry lingo ('synergies'). The CV / Motivational interview was standard. Overall very professional and swift.

Interview Questions

• In the presentation recommendation of a deal, the interviewer was representing the client. A question asked was: Why should we choose you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a first round on campus (behavioral) and then was called for the superday interviews in New York. Superday was again behavioral and technical questions. Interviewers were very friendly and the process was quite engaging. Questions were basic fit questions and the technicals were the standard as well nothing too complicated.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school's career site but there was a problem with the system so they did not get my application so I talked to recruiter directly and got a phone interview with senior management in NYC scheduled immediately.

Interview Questions

• Just general behavioral questions. Went in depth into the experiences listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Was contacted through HR and given an interview one week later.

Interview Questions

• If you were trying to break into a square castle surrounded by a ditch 10 feet wide and you only had two planks 8 feet long, how would you cross the ditch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

Met with two VPs on campus, 30 minute interview, mostly fit-based with a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Several questions like "how many ping pong balls can fit in a 747", etc.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

Interview

I got the interview through campus recruiting. had a pre-night reception and then the next day the interview. it was two guys, an associate and an MD. they asked basic fit and behavioral questions. No brainteasers. They then got down to basic finance and accounting questions. Walk me through a DCF, stuff like that. not too bad.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2011.

Interview

BofA recruits at Dartmouth on campus as a target school so we had an informal meet and greet with appetizers at a local restaurant. Most of the employees seemed very friendly. The interview was very straight forward. They asked the basic questions of tell me about yourself, describe a team experience, describe a problem you encountered as a team, and asked general questions about the resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team-oriented experience in which you encountered a problem and how you solved it/made the team sway in your opinion's direction?   Answer Question