Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

I received the interview through on campus recruiting. I received an email from an employee shortly after congratulating me, which seemed a bit strange. The interview was one on one with an associate who was extremely hard to relate to. Barely asked any behavioral or fit questions, all he seemed to care about was my technical knowledge. Interview only lasted about 20 minutes because I don't think I answered his technical questions well enough.

Interview Questions
  • If a company with a higher EPS purchases a company with a lower EPS, what happens to the purchaser's EPS?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

Applied online through my university webpage. Two weeks after I applied I was called for one on one interviews and phone interview with the local team (3 analysts, 1 VP). The second round were only phone interviews with senior associates working in the Latam team in New York.

All interviews have the following format: "Tell me about yoursel" (resume, why investment banking? why BofA?), brainteasers ("How many cabs are in Bogota?"), accounting questions and valuation fundamentals ("Walk me through a DCF", "How do you calculate WACC") and cross-border valuation ("How to calculate WACC in emerging markets?").

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in December 2011.

Applied online and interviewer contacted me a few weeks later. Typical fit interview over the phone - resume walkthrough, tell about your recent work experiences, strengths and weaknesses, why boa merrill lynch? why ib? No technical questions were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2009.

Met with two VPs on campus, 30 minute interview, mostly fit-based with a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions like "how many ping pong balls can fit in a 747", etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Was contacted through HR and given an interview one week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you were trying to break into a square castle surrounded by a ditch 10 feet wide and you only had two planks 8 feet long, how would you cross the ditch?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

I got the interview through campus recruiting. had a pre-night reception and then the next day the interview. it was two guys, an associate and an MD. they asked basic fit and behavioral questions. No brainteasers. They then got down to basic finance and accounting questions. Walk me through a DCF, stuff like that. not too bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2011.

The interview was great I really enjoyed talking to the people from B of A. They were all very kind excluding the time that people asked me very personal questions. They asked about my resume and they asked about my past work experience. They said they would get back to me but unfortunately they did not offer me a chance to continue to the final round of interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2011.

BofA recruits at Dartmouth on campus as a target school so we had an informal meet and greet with appetizers at a local restaurant. Most of the employees seemed very friendly. The interview was very straight forward. They asked the basic questions of tell me about yourself, describe a team experience, describe a problem you encountered as a team, and asked general questions about the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a team-oriented experience in which you encountered a problem and how you solved it/made the team sway in your opinion's direction?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2011.

Typical interview - resume walkthrough, tell me about a recent deal, describe a stock you are interested in, walk me through a DCF, time for questions at the end. Interviewer was at times inattentive, but helpful as I contacted him later on in the process. Make sure you know your resume!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Before getting an on campus interview, we need to go through a semester long process of socializing with people from the bank (by attending corporate presentations, case study and networking events) and develop connection and contact with the staff. Then, it is required for us to submit interview request thru school and online website and we will know whether we get the interview. It's two 2:1 interviews overall. Nearly all behavioral.