Bank of America

Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

Very unprofessional and did not know what questions to ask me. They flew me to nyc after a terrible over the phone interview... i have no idea why they did that.
make sure you know simple valuation techniques. I did not get an brain teasers and everything was either fit or simple technical.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

On Campus Interview - Extremely hostile, all technical questions and nothing that studied fit. Not a generalist banking overview - mainly focused on leveraged finance. Bad communication both before and after actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Solve Bond related questions with changing scenarios during interview   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

This was for HK. The usual first second round on phone, then final round to US.
    Did not get a very good impression of the bank. Interviewed with 4-5 people in the final round. There was one guy who asked all technicals. I did not get a sense of why BoA is better than any other banks on the street in HK.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Had one interview, lots of technical questions. Two and a half weeks later received an email to set up a second interview. Had that interview and waiting to hear further info. Second interview was no technical questions. Both interviews were with analyst, in the same group. No information given about process and when or if I might hear back.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls could you fit in an olympic sized pool?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Great hiring process - hosted networking sessions, training on the street to get to know candidates and then brought in six to eight candidates for superdays at a time. Interview was great, met with most people at the office, all very friendly and down to earth. Very diverse and friendly group.

Interview Questions
    • How does deferred tax allowance affect the three statements?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

Two interviews through on campus recruiting. Standard investment banking guide questions: walk through your resume, walk through a DCF, how 10 dollars in depreciation expense affects the statements. I think my interview might have been easer than most because I didn't end up having a final round, and I was only interviewed by analysts, both of whom I had met previously at networking events.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

I applied through the campus recruiting and heard back in January 2014.

Interview Questions
    • It was all behavioral. no technical questions at all. this was the first round though. Typical, walk through resume, why IB, a challenge you've faced, strenghts, and weakness. Interviewers were very friendly and informal. They were alumni from my school.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

Assessment Centre,

Numerical Reasoning Test,
    Group presentation, was useful to use a ranking/scoring system to weigh up options as to where investment would be best placed.
    1 one-on-one interview, 1 5 presentation/ interview. Very friendly process, felt very comfortable, as long as you are prepared, there wont be a problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2007.

Bank of America has target schools for investment banking recruiting - and my college was NOT one of them. They also have a non-target recruiting process, and to be included in it, you need to be referred by an employee. I went through this process and had a first round phone interview. Once accepting, I sat on this committee, so I know from experience that for first round non-target interviews, each interviewer speaks with 6-8 candidates, of which they can select one to advance to the Super Day. Super Day interviews are standard across Wall Street firms...you meet with 5-8 people (usually a 1-1, sometimes there are two interviewers at once) for ~ 3 hours. You get a small break somewhere during the process so that all six or so interviews are not in a row. After the interviews, all interviewers from a pod (a pod is a group of 5-8 candidates - all candidates in a pod meet with the same interviewers) get together around a table and choose their favorite candidates. Since hiring is by industry or product group, you will almost definitely be hired into one of the groups you met a representative from.

Interview Questions
    No. Standard I-banking analyst offer.