Bank of America Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.2

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were three quite technical intense interviews. They ask you a lot about all the aspects of coding. And also they picked on all different languages you've written down on your cv and asked questions related to those. They asked a lot business related questions, too. Such as derivative, pricing models, risk management etc..

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Lengthy online application form, Online Tests - numerical tests done and then immediately logical tests. Received no phone interviews afterwards. Despite better than average performance on online assessments. Suggestion: better do not apply for UK offices if you are not local/ if you hold other passports/ if you are not from Oxbridge/LSE. Save your time and effort for school exams or other worthy causes.

Graduate - Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Application Online and Numerical Test Online. Telephone Interview around a week later. Very friendly woman working within risk. Asked about markets, why bank of america, why risk, competency questions, and huge focus on my CV. Assessment Centre lasts all day. Included a presentation based on a booklet of financial statements and a lot of other company/industry/country information. Had to conduct around 10 calculations as part of your presentation, then present for 10 minutes on the questions given. The second stage was a numerical test. The third was your first half hour interview. The fourth was a group project. Then the final stage was your final half hour interview.

Analyst - Credit Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Application, numerical test, telephone interview then AC. At AC: case study, presentation, numerical test, a group exercise and 2 interviews. Interviews were fairly easy (why do you want to join BAML, tell me about yourself and your greatest achievement and competency Qs). Case study was most difficult part.

Summer Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied via web. I filled the online application and then I received the numerical test. I had some days to prepare it and then I did it. If you passed the test, you were given three questions to fill and finally if you passed this stage, you would received an email for a phone interview.

Summer Insight Week In Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

telephone interview asking about why I wanted to work for the bank, what skills I could bring, and asking about why I wanted to work in the risk division. just be prepared on the basic competancy questions and give examples. relatively smooth interview process. asked me if I had attended/ received an offer for any other banks insight weeks

Interview Questions

• tell me everything you know about baml   1 Answer

Technology Developer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied for a Spring Insight Week online, had a short competency phone interview. Having attended the SIW, was called back for an Assessment Centre which took a day. Had to do an intelligence test, give a technical presentation, do a group exercise, and go through another competency interview and a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about global variables in Python, what was the difference between a list and a tuple...   Answer Question

Summer Analyst (GTS) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and the process took 2 months- invited to the assessment centre AC- individual presentation, numerical test, group discussion and two 1:1 interviews. Interview questions were mostly competency based.

Interview Questions

• • An example of a time you had to make an ethical decision • What is working capital ?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online in September, didn't hear back until late December with an offer to attend an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers have a large list of technical questions for a number of languages in front of them ranging from basic to advanced. Make sure you know what you said you knew on your application. Don't be put off if your not from a Computer Science background though.   Answer Question

Spring Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Online application including Numerical test and a couple of essays, phone interview.