Bank of America Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.6

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy, Manager was very approachable. Great communication, received an email notification stating job offer was denied, but my resume would be kept for future job opportunities with the bank. Interview process was short.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with difficult scenario and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online - Assessment test - Phone interview with recruiter - Panel Interview - One on one with Sales performance manager

The process is really quick after the phone interview with the recruiter. Before the interview, read up on Bank of America's products and bring multiple copies of your resume. DO know your resume also because you'll be walking your interviewers through your resume and know when to highlight your strengths and skill sets. Remember you have to stand out amongst the other candidates so be prepared for anything. I had to role play in english, my secondary language and role play again with the manager. Be confident because you'll have to be confident in selling the product and more importantly, YOURSELF.

Senior Consultant - Systems Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had one in person interview for this job. It was a entry level software QA position and it lasted about 25 min. After the interview the process took about a month for HR and to finalize everything. The interview started out as the manager getting to know me by asking behavior and past experience questions. Most of these tech people are shy so speaking up and acting confident does make you stand out. After the first half she then asked about my technical experiences in which I was honest and gave a high level background of my skills. Depending on the team and position you are interviewing for the technical can very. For my position I needed SQL experience and basic software testing experience. Anyone that knows HP quality center, HP quick test pro, automation skills, advance excel skills, programing skills will stand out among other candidates. Make sure that you understand agile and waterfall process, front end and back end testing, black and white box testing, and automation testing with VB scripting. The main thing to remember is to just relax, the point of the interview is for you to come off as someone who the team would like to work with. Deadlines and deliverable mean everything to our team so you must also convey how you are very prompt at getting things done before they are due. Don't be afraid to highlight someone of your key talents even if they don't ask you what they are. Over all this is not a hard interview by any standards.

Interview Questions

• You never know what kind of technical question they may ask but make sure you know the technology you are applying for. Also be prepared to answer a question on how you identified a problem at work and used innovation to solve the problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was easy, the offer was good so no need to ask for more money.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied the online application, and then several days later, I got an email with online assessment! After three days, I receive a email which says that I can move to next step. I have a group interview with a lot of people, and recruiter and managers! I was asked about several general question, and we also need to have a role play with other people as we'll. After this, I have a one to one interview with manager, and I got hired!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's website, and got an interview opportunity on campus. There were two interviews, the first one was a new employee of BOA and the second one was a senior. The first one was really nice, just several questions about my previous project and very simple brain teaser. The second one was quite technical, I was required to write a function in C++

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The process was quick and easy. They called me for a 40-45 mins phone interview with a recruiter. I received an email for group interview in 2 days. I came to a group interview of 10-15 applicants and had 1-1 with hiring manager and branch manager. They offered my a lower base salary. I negotiated, and they accepted my counter offer the same day. I had a great interview experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most challenging goal and what did you do to accomplish it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Received an email a week after applying, confirming my phone interview. Recruiter asked basic background sales/customer service questions. She immediately skipped me past the group interview towards the 1:1 interview with the branch manager. A couple hours later, got the job offer.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through college job site, got selected for an on campus interview. One 30 minute interview, lots of SQL questions and data structures questions.

About 2 weeks later i got an email to do a final on site interview at one of the HQ in Cali. It's a close drive so I didn't have to book a hotel or anything.

The on site round had 3, 30 minute interviews.

1st interview - Brain teasers, logic questions, SQL questions
    2nd interview - Whiteboard C++ programming, dealt with Data structure (Binary trees, c-string manipulation)
    3rd interview - More function design with data structures, and difficult SQL questions

Then after the 3rd interview, they gave me a written test with more programming questions before I left. The written test took me about 45 minutes to finish. After, I went home!

Two days later, I got a call and they told they were offering me a job!

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on SQL... I.e. Indexing, how to index, how to normalize data sets, etc.   Answer Question
    • Standard data structure questions, i.e. Questions on Binary tree traversals and string manipulation (Reverse a string, reverse a sentence)   Answer Question
    • Questions on classes and OOP, i.e. Design me a class that can work for to store and maintain strings (A dictionary)   Answer Question
    • Standard Behavior questions. I.e. I have many applicants being considered for this position, Why should I pick you? Given a problem, how would you go about solving it most efficiently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate the offer. The offer was very... very lucrative. Accepted the offer within a few days and will be starting in the summer.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very hard to get an interview. Hiring process is long. Initial position and salary was changed to a lower level

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate up a little in salary since the job title was changed through the process. Beware of empty promises for future increases.

Corporate Audit (Rotational Program) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

First interview was two 1:1 questions, mostly behavioral questions.

Second round was three 1:1 interview questions with behavioral, some technical, and a case study. The case study was easy, they read a situation and you basically had to describe controls that could be put in place as you see fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe market research or data that you have done and explain how you used this in a work situation. (This question was only difficult because I was a graduating senior and had little field experience)   Answer Question